Author Topic: Disney Jedi Academy 5-Pack  (Read 43527 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Disney Jedi Academy 5-Pack
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:28 PM »
If this does not say the Solo Kids I do not know what does.....

From Raving Toy Maniacs Q& A

3. Three of the most prominent main characters in the expanded universe novels are young female human padawans: Etain (Republic Commando), Starstone (Darth Vader: Rise of the Dark Lord), and Scout (Yoda: Dark Rendezvous). We have never seen a young human female padawan that could be used to fill the role of any of these important characters. Will we ever see a generic female padawan figure? Also, what about human male younglings, such as the ones Anakin kills in Revenge of the Sith? We've had youngling figures in the past, but they were aliens.

Answer: Interesting suggestion. There are some new human younglings coming in 2009 in a very special pack, including at least one female. However, they will not be on basic figure cards. More details will be available in early-to-mid 2009.

Thoughts?

I say its the Solo brats.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2009, 11:09 PM by Jeff »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Confirmed: New Human younglings coming in 2009!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:53 PM »
Interesting, this could be a battlepack or an Entertainment Earth exclusive?  This is a chance to get some figures to put a padawan training diorama together.  Bring on the human younglings, whoever they may be.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:13 PM »
Legacy novel tribute anyone? ::)

I hope it is anyways. I love the series! Im just sad cause the last book is only out on hardcover and I don't feel like shelling out $30+ for a book I will finish in a week. Plus the fact all my other ones except for sacrifice( I got 20% off) are on paperback.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:45 AM »
The word younglings makes me think of Jedi's, which doesn't excite me. However, if this means any kids, then my interest is piqued. Could the kister/wald pack be one of them?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Nah!!  It's part of H's new scheme.  We've gotten stands, holos, coins, extra weapons, and Build A Droid.

NEW FOR 2009 THE B-A-P

Build
A
Padawan
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 05:59 PM »
Nah!!  It's part of H's new scheme.  We've gotten stands, holos, coins, extra weapons, and Build A Droid.

NEW FOR 2009 THE B-A-P

Build
A
Padawan

SWEET! (As long as they include some alien heads to swap I am in on the concept!)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 06:27 PM »
To be honest, I'm hoping the "BA_" continues beyond droids...  Padawans would work to me, as would Jedi in general...  Their outfits are similar enough that one good sculpt with a new head would work again and again.  We got the R7, so why not? 

Same goes for other characters though...  Build-A-Trooper would be ideal I think.  Jedi and Troopers though, that'd be my main wish.

I could totally see other droids mixed in too...  If there were good Battledroid parts, tell me this wouldn't be even cooler?  Building a good Battledroid would be really nice considering one doesn't even exist in the line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 03:22 PM »
Interesting, this could be a battlepack or an Entertainment Earth exclusive?  This is a chance to get some figures to put a padawan training diorama together.  Bring on the human younglings, whoever they may be.

EE Exclusive?   Gah, I hope not.  I have difficulty thinking of anything less compelling than short humans with lightsabers.  That's certainly not a scenario I'd push for.  I can't speak for the fanbase at large but I personally would consider those about as exciting as getting yet another Zett Jukassa... which it seemed collectors didn't exactly go bonkers for either.

If fans *really* want those, I hope they're vocal, but to me it seems like I can hear the bottom of the barrel being scraped.  But that's just me.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 05:42 PM »
This could be one of a couple of PT battle packs.  Perhaps the map room from AOTC, with Obi-Wan, Yoda and the younglings.  Or maybe the Jedi Council chamber from ROTS, where Vader kills the younglings.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 05:57 PM »
I have difficulty thinking of anything less compelling than short humans with lightsabers. 

Not even Woklings with lightsabers?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 10:38 AM »
The poor little boy that muttered "Master Skywalker what are we going to do?" has got to be one of them they will make. 

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 03:42 PM »
I have difficulty thinking of anything less compelling than short humans with lightsabers. 

Not even Woklings with lightsabers?

I'd buy those.  I'd buy those with a smile.   There are all sorts of Ewoks with pilot gear and other stuff in the EU, so yeah, those I could see getting.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 09:26 PM »
The poor little boy that muttered "Master Skywalker what are we going to do?" has got to be one of them they will make. 

Will be interesting to hear more about this.  As a father, I think one of the most disturbing parts of all six movies is that scene with the kid coming to Anakin for help and him igniting his lightsaber and closing the door.  They obviously had to kill off the younglings somehow, but they really didn't have to show it in my opinion.  Making a figure of a young child character who's only role is to show that Anakin killed off a bunch of little kids just doesn't sit right with me.

That being said, I certainly hope that its something like the Solo kids, though I'd much rather have versions of them in their teens.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: New Jedi prototypes.
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 08:37 PM »
I am thinking the youngling is suppose to be Obama.......

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: New Jedi prototypes.
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 09:18 PM »
EDIT: Oh, and the younglings picture isn't showing up on my computer. ???

Never mind, problem solved.

I am thinking the youngling is suppose to be Obama.......

No, don't you know your EU? That's B'a'rrakk Ama'bo. He later flew a Snowspeeder at the Battle of Endor and became the first chancellor of color in the New Republic.

Geez, get it right. ::)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:20 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!