Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66052 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: The Office
« Reply #195 on: November 2, 2007, 06:31 PM »
I hated last night's episode.

The Stanley stuff was good, the Jim and Karen stuff was good, but the rest of it was crap.  Way too silly for my tastes.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #196 on: November 3, 2007, 05:46 PM »
agreed on the excessive silliness. i don't mind the absurd plotlines, but as soon as they start to cross over into totally inconcievable absurdity, it doesn't do much for me.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #197 on: November 9, 2007, 11:37 PM »
New episode. . .  last night

SURVIVOR MAN
9/8c TV14

INTO THE WOODS-SPECIAL GREEN WEEK EPISODE - After Ryan (B.J. Novak) excludes Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) from a corporate wilderness retreat, Michael heads into the woods for his own survival adventure with nothing but the suit on his back. Back at work, Jim (John Krasinski) tries to revolutionize the office birthday party.

-----

Average episode.  As per the norm this season, the Michael stuff was a bit silly.  But the Jim-becoming-Michael stuff was interesting.  Nice scene between them at the end.  Humanized Michael a bit.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2007, 12:20 PM »
New episode. . .  last night

oh **** - does that mean you don't get the commission from NBC for this week?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2007, 09:28 PM »
Since I'm heading out on Black Friday this year, I may have to break down and grab The Office Season 1 and 2 on DVD.

I've seen the Target BF ad and it shows Season 1 for  $9.98, while Season 2 will be only $14.98.   :o

edit - after perusing the BB ad, I see they have Season 2 on DVD for $15 as well on Black Friday/Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:34 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2007, 09:29 AM »
New episode tonight!

THE DEPOSITION
9/8c TV14

SUE CRAZY IN THE OFFICE--Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) finds himself between a rock and a hard place when Jan (Melora Hardin) sues Dunder Mifflin and Michael is deposed as a witness. Meanwhile, Kelly (Mindy Kaling) trash-talks Pam (Jenna Fischer) after Darryl (Craig Robinson) beats Jim (John Krasinski) at ping-pong.

This will also be the last new original episode for at least the next month or two, due to the writer's strike.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2007, 11:04 AM »
I was listening to Opie and Anthony on the way home from work a couple of nights ago, and they said that NBC was canceling (outright) The Office, My Name is Earl, and 30 Rock.  It had something to do with the main actors of all three shows being writers as well and the fact that the strike is no where near to coming to an end.  Supposedly, they got the information on the Drudge Report.  I haven't heard anything about it since, and none of the other news sites have corroborated the story, so take it with a HUGE grain of salt at this point.  I know that Carell was thinking of leaving the show after the season, but I simply can't believe that NBC would cancel their entire Thursday night lineup.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2007, 01:16 PM »
I was listening to Opie and Anthony...

The same Opie and Anthony who announced on air a few years back that Mayor Tom "Mumbles" Menino had died?  The same Opie and Anthony who also announced that a current fan favorite Red Sox player abuses steroids?  That Opie and Anthony?  Yeah, I'd say that story is 100% true.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Well, My Name is Earl, at least, doesn't fit in that category.  None of the main actors have writing credits on that show.  Jason Lee does have producer credits but that still doesn't wrap him up in the writer strike.

One report I read said that production crew could be laid off on many, if not all, shows as they aren't doing anything.  Actors have contracts so while they are out of work, unless the entire show is cancelled, they'll have a job to go back to.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2007, 09:19 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, I would not be heartbroken if this show was cancelled.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2007, 06:01 PM »
I love the show, but I'm not in love with the show.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2007, 07:27 PM »
I'd like to bone Pam.

Erp.

Did I type that out loud?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2008, 04:48 PM »
It feels like forever since this thread's been updated!

A Letter from The Office writing staff

*Looks like six more episodes this season

*First of which, on April 10, is "Dinner Party," which had just begun filming when the strike started (I read something from Jenna Fischer back then which said they had been wanting to do this episode for two years, so it should be good)

*May have an hour-long season finale

Hopefully the writers have come up with some really funny scripts during their time off.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Well, it's been a long five months, but. . .  NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!

DINNER PARTY
9/8c TV-PG

GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER - Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) find they have run out of excuses and are forced to go to Jan (Melora Hardin) and Michael's (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) house for dinner. When Andy (Ed Helms) and Angela (Angela Kinsey) are also invited to dinner, Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) jealousy gets the best of him.

"Michael, what time should I be arriving?"

"Dwight, it's couples only.  And besides, I only have six wine glasses."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2008, 07:15 AM »
I loved last night's episode.  Not one of my favorites, but still funny as hell.  It actually hurt to watch just because you could see how uncomfortable everyone was and it just snowballed from there.  I hope the rest of this season is the same way.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.