Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 146095 times)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #465 on: April 28, 2008, 05:10 PM »
Ours shipped today EMS.
Can't wait for Bricks n Beer 6!

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #466 on: April 28, 2008, 05:16 PM »
I think it is time to do up a Jedi Luke robe in black so we can have hooded Maul as well-

I thought about that too. I wonder if his horns would be an issue though. I also thought of doing a "battle damaged" Maul and Qui-Gon.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #467 on: April 28, 2008, 05:26 PM »
Does Ani's pod racer helmet come off?

Yes.

Also what does the back of the battle droid look like - does it have the 1138 text on the commpack?

No 1138 that I can see...

I think it is time to do up a Jedi Luke robe in black so we can have hooded Maul as well-

I just tried it and Luke's robe doesn't fit over maul's sculpted torso, so you'd have to do a little head swapping to make it work.

Dude, I am so NOT buying you any beer next time I'm down in the Cities.  Ouch.   :-*

Bah, you know you love me...  :-*

And I have extra S8 figures if you need any...  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #468 on: April 28, 2008, 05:32 PM »
Does Ani's pod racer helmet come off?

Yes.

Cool, now to find the appropriate "bowl haircut" hair accessory.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #469 on: April 28, 2008, 05:51 PM »
So i just got totally ripped off by Robby. Wasted 350.00 and no rare chase in my master case. They must have switched it out for another box.  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 28, 2008, 05:55 PM »
So i just got totally ripped off by Robby. Wasted 350.00 and no rare chase in my master case. They must have switched it out for another box.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

What??  How was this case ordered?

As a follow-on, I'm curious Jeff, did you open yours from a sealed or an unsealed case?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 05:56 PM by BrentS »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #471 on: April 28, 2008, 05:59 PM »

As a follow-on, I'm curious Jeff, did you open yours from a sealed or an unsealed case?

I opened mine as a sealed master case as always. There is a red and white Robby sticker over one corner of the outer box which makes me think it was opened before mailed out to me. I am done with them, i am going to cancel my series 9 order, I e-mailed them about this case but i am sure they wont do anything about it. So basically now i am screwed and have to dish out double the money to get the chase figures. So annoyed.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #472 on: April 28, 2008, 06:00 PM »
So i just got totally ripped off by Robby.

Dang, that sucks - obvious dumb question, but you opened all the Qui-Gons and 3POs and didn't find anything?   :-\

I took one of the "open" boxes for my MC...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #473 on: April 28, 2008, 06:05 PM »
So i just got totally ripped off by Robby.

Dang, that sucks - obvious dumb question, but you opened all the Qui-Gons and 3POs and didn't find anything?   :-\

NOpe just a sea of qui-gon and 3po. I went through the qui-gon boxes like 20 time seach already just making sure i didnt mistake it for Tiin.

Offline rdm5777

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 28, 2008, 06:16 PM »

Man, I'd be pissed too.  If robby won't do anything about it, do you think Medicom will?

Has anyone else had this happen with a case from Robby?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 28, 2008, 07:03 PM »

I opened mine as a sealed master case as always. There is a red and white Robby sticker over one corner of the outer box which makes me think it was opened before mailed out to me. I am done with them, i am going to cancel my series 9 order, I e-mailed them about this case but i am sure they wont do anything about it. So basically now i am screwed and have to dish out double the money to get the chase figures. So annoyed.

Man that totally sucks.  I hope they (Robby, Medicom, someone) find a way to make it right for you.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 28, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Guess what the mailman just dropped off...

Dang man, that's a butt load of Kuby's!  :o

Holy crap Dan, that I think is a first. Yeah, I would be some pissed off too. Sorry this happened, I'm getting worried now.  :-\

As for my MC, it's out there somewhere. Not showing online where but that is normal with Canada Post.  ::)  Hopefully it will arrive sometime this week.

I don't see any reports from the bay here, I got home & checked it out. This was bin'd from a buyer in Spain for a wopping $499.99!  :o  I have never seen a complete set of SW Kuby's go for that much.

Star Wars Kubrick Series 8 COMPLETE CHASE 9pcs

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 28, 2008, 07:27 PM »

Ouch.

I wonder though if Medicom isn't messing things around now instead of Robby doing something?  Might be they got tired of the likes of us working out the ratios and placements within the case?  Want it to be more random now? 

Of course that doesn't jive with what happened with Jeff's case, but it is a pretty small sample size thus far. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline rdm5777

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 28, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Ouch.

I wonder though if Medicom isn't messing things around now instead of Robby doing something?  Might be they got tired of the likes of us working out the ratios and placements within the case?  Want it to be more random now? 

Of course that doesn't jive with what happened with Jeff's case, but it is a pretty small sample size thus far. 

I can understand Medicom playing around with the placement within the case but I don't see the benefit for Medicom to eliminate them from some cases completely.  I think a lot of people would just resort to e-bay than risk a chaseless case.

I'm hoping this is just a fluke and Medicom corrects their error for him.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:42 PM by rdm5777 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 28, 2008, 07:55 PM »
I don't think Medicom benefits from the regular placement of the chase within a case at all.  Retailers/wholesalers/resellers like Robby and others do.  Medicom produces whatever they like and I have to imagine the bulk of the sales is within Japan and Hong Kong, not the US.  Most of those sales are probably by the box or an individual piece, not a master case.  Blind packaging is very normal in Japan and well accepted as I understand it. 

My guess is there aren't too many collectors buying master cases to secure full sets overseas, given the ready availability of the product at retail there.  The US is in a very different situation here and our purchasing patterns are very different.  What we order is peanuts to Medicom. 

A more random situation in Japan may benefit sales there, because then retailers can't cherry pick the chase pieces out prior to putting them on store shelves for the consumer.  If a retailer can go and pick out all the chase pieces and ebay or yahoo auction them, the regular consumer in Japan/Hong Kong is screwed.  Maybe Honorius is a store owner who sees no point in allowing customers to pay $10 per chase piece randomly when he could make 10-15x that at retail.  Maybe the customers over there know this happens and have complained to Medicom that the fun and excitement of finding a chase piece is gone because regular street level retailers ARE cherry picking.  If Medicom doesn't resolve that, the regular Asian consumer is screwed and stops buying their product that way, instead opting for ebay/yahoo rather than regular retail.  Retail sales overall drop and that does impact Medicom. 

My understanding is that Japanese consumers will buy multiples from boxes in hopes of finding a chase.  I've done this here with Gentle Giant bustups in hopes of finding the chase piece.   The retailer is happy and so is the manufacturer, because I have now purchased 8 battle droids or whatever to find a chase and maybe still have no luck.  But with Gentle Giant stuff here, like Medicom in Japan, I know of retailers that cherry pick and I don't buy from them.  If I can't find it with luck here, I'll go straight to ebay and buy one only to get the piece I want.  That's 1 vs. 8 pieces.  The retailer loses and so does the manufacturer.  I've dropped my purchasing by 80%+.  Not good.  And that's the norm in Japan. 

I can't remember if we even know the number of master cases produced.  A couple thousand?  Did Jeff, who accounts probably for the largest single sale of Star Wars Kubricks in the US (Ok, maybe BBTS has him beat) account for even 1% of sales overall?  I doubt it.  But I don't know, I just think I can understand why Medicom might want to change. 

My hope is that Dan just had really bad luck and Medicom or Robby will help him out.  I wouldn't hold my breath on it though. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.