Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190735 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Whoa- didn't know about the K-Mart sale; how long is it supposed to last?  I wonder if I should have gone there instead of WM yesterday, but I do still need an Evolutions set and a BP...

Holy crap! I will but the BMF an AT-TE to get another AT-TE for free. I have to check K-Mart tonight....glad I did not open the big vehicles yet!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Yeah, the stock at my K-Mart, at least when I checked, wasn't enough to have made the sale worthwile to me (didn't buy the AT-TE).  They didn't have any Evolutions sets, BPs, or even many of the figures I wanted.  They may have already sold them, but I doubt it!

Today I found the Hoth BP; started opening it and will give my thoughts over in the other thread.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2008, 09:09 AM »
K-Mart adjusted my purchase from last week of three might muggs to the price of two, but didn't have anything else I was really interesterd in getting, mostly Clone wars and I'm just not into the animated figs.  I would have gone for the Evolution Fett set, but they didn't have the corrected version.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2008, 03:48 PM »
I picked up the Padme and Quarren Soldier at Target today, despite the higher prices.  Now I just need to find that SaeSee Tiin and I'll be all caught up with the basic Legacy figures until Wave 3.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2008, 10:42 PM »
picked up Rex (foil but no sticker..gotta love Canadian packaging) and another animated clone trooper. I really love the look of the troopers. The squad size I wanted changed a lot before july 26 but after owning 4 of them now I know for a fact that I need at least 4 more, the battle scene on yahoo and the look sold it to me. :-X
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2008, 12:28 AM »
Whoa- didn't know about the K-Mart sale; how long is it supposed to last?  I wonder if I should have gone there instead of WM yesterday, but I do still need an Evolutions set and a BP...

Holy crap! I will but the BMF an AT-TE to get another AT-TE for free. I have to check K-Mart tonight....glad I did not open the big vehicles yet!

That may not be much of a bargain.  I heard rumor that the BMF Falcon is $200 at Kmart, so you're not saving as much as you might think.  No idea what they charge for an AT-TE or if they'll even honor the buy 2 get 1 free on large vehicles.  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2008, 12:36 AM »
Picked up the following:

- Padme Evolutions (Monday)
- IG Lancer Droid (Monday)
- Mon Cal Warrior (Monday)
- Quarren Warrior (Monday)
- Super Battle Droid (Today)
- Super Battle Droid (Today)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2008, 09:43 AM »
I placed an order at TRU.com for a few things I haven't found around here yet, and got the exclusive Holo Grievous to boot.  I grabbed the V-19, TLC Wave 2 SaeSee Tiin, and a couple of Clone Wars figures (Yoda/Grievous).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Bought an older figure at Target yesterday, VTSC Leia. I mention it because it was fraudulently returned and apparently, Target has the ability and the will to track down certain fraudulent returns.

Basically, someone returned the VTSC Leia with a printed mighty mugs UPC stuck over the original UPC. Since Mighty Mugs have a low return rate, Target is checking the return log coupled with the surveillance video. They were making a big deal of it, so I would imagine they weren't feigning interest. They also said they were watching people who blatantly take advantage of clearance by returning large quantities of toys just before close and then show up to re-purchase them first thing in the morning.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Bought an older figure at Target yesterday, VTSC Leia. I mention it because it was fraudulently returned and apparently, Target has the ability and the will to track down certain fraudulent returns.

Basically, someone returned the VTSC Leia with a printed mighty mugs UPC stuck over the original UPC. Since Mighty Mugs have a low return rate, Target is checking the return log coupled with the surveillance video. They were making a big deal of it, so I would imagine they weren't feigning interest. They also said they were watching people who blatantly take advantage of clearance by returning large quantities of toys just before close and then show up to re-purchase them first thing in the morning.

Be careful....Big Red Dot Brother is watching!

Interesting.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2008, 11:17 AM »
I know people that have been abusing Target's clearance policy for years...

With the economy the way it is and the recent coupon scam/fraud/abuse fresh on their minds, I'm not surprised that Target is finally going to start policing things like fraudulent returns or return/clearance abuse. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Picked up one more animated Battle droid and Clone trooper.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2008, 09:30 PM »
I finally found my Quarren soldier today.  The only new fig I had not seen yet.  I think the feet may have been put on the wrong legs.  The longest toe of each foot is to the outside.  I can't tell for sure, but the picture on the back seems to have the long toes to the inside.  I'm not concerned that it might be some rare error or anything, but he does seem to have a little trouble standing.  Are others finding the same thing with their Quarrens?
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2008, 11:00 PM »
Siths Herald--My Quarren Soldier's legs are the same way (longest toes are on the outside). He hasn't had any trouble standing though.

I bought the Homing Spider droid at Target today.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 1, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Bought the V-19 Clone fighter tonight.  Very cool!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback