Author Topic: G.I. Joe - The Movie (Live Action)  (Read 45359 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe - The Movie (Live Action)
« Reply #210 on: May 1, 2009, 12:46 PM »
I can not get over the accelerator suits.  There was so much cool stuff that GI Joe had even in the early 80's imagination that could have been adapted and advanced to some logical futuristic version.  But the accelerator suits?  This film is not Iron Man.

I am not excited for this movie and the trailers do nothing to help buid any. 

Also, yes, if Sienna Miller wanted to come over to my place in that black leather suit and hang out for a while, I'd be all in favor of that. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 1, 2009, 06:39 PM »
It looks like the domestic trailer is up now:http://www.superherohype.com/news/gijoenews.php?id=8296, although I don't really see any difference between this and the one (French) released yesterday.  I'm not so sure about those suits either, hopefully they're not in the film a lot.  Sure, the Joes had some wacky stuff on the toon, but this just seems like they're making them superheroes - as mentioned earlier.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: May 2, 2009, 02:14 AM »
So, like, the counter to that GI Joe suit that they had (the HALO suit if you will), is that Cobra SNAKE armor right?

Man, Cobra is screwed, blued, and tattooed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 2, 2009, 08:31 AM »
that looked like an interesting rental, but I thought there was a movie about GI Joe coming out later this summer?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 4, 2009, 10:52 AM »
So I went to see Star Trek again last night and got another look at the trailer and I still just have to say WTF???

I think the overall premise of the movie is okay, but going onto the accelerator suits is just stupid and hokey.  I mean, you've got these guys running through the streets dodging missiles and jumping across rooftops to helicopters.  It just makes the movie completely stupid.  I guess if they were only used on a limited basis it might be okay, but we'll probably see them the entire movie and that's just going to make it a big pile of suck for me.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 6, 2009, 11:04 AM »
A few pics from the movie.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2009, 03:50 PM »
G.I.Joe: Rise of Cobra Director Fired?!?

Endtimes posted the following over at the Don Murphy boards about director Stephen Sommers being fired from G.I.Joe. Though some sources have chimed in to there being truth to the following post, there has been no offical confirmation from Paramount on this so this should all be considered nothing more as rumor at this time.

So the story goes like this-

after a test screening wherein the film tested the lowest score ever from an audience in the history of Paramount, the executive who pushed for the movie Brad Weston had Stephen Sommers, the super hack director of the film fired. Removed. Locked out of the editing room.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2009, 03:52 PM »
That's hilarious!   ;D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Wow.  That's pretty bad.

Am I still gonna go see it?  Mmmmmhmmmm.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2009, 08:09 PM »
You know, I've only seen the trailer and I've been saying it's going to suck.  And not just because it has the GI Joe name on it but isn't what I wanted, it just looks ridiculous.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2009, 09:38 AM »
It is disappointing that this movie is sounding as crappy as we all feared.  I keep holding out hope that it will be better than we expect (not good, just not as crappy as we think), but it isn't sounding too good right now.  I wonder how many of us will be seeing it in the theater regardless?  I know that I'll likely try to get out and see it either way, just to see what Joe on the big screen is going to be like.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2009, 10:25 AM »
It all starts with story, and the story is pretty bad...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2009, 10:44 AM »
G.I.Joe: Rise of Cobra Director Fired?!?

Endtimes posted the following over at the Don Murphy boards about director Stephen Sommers being fired from G.I.Joe. Though some sources have chimed in to there being truth to the following post, there has been no offical confirmation from Paramount on this so this should all be considered nothing more as rumor at this time.

So the story goes like this-

after a test screening wherein the film tested the lowest score ever from an audience in the history of Paramount, the executive who pushed for the movie Brad Weston had Stephen Sommers, the super hack director of the film fired. Removed. Locked out of the editing room.

The studio officially debunked this story, and claims it's tested great with audiences.  Not that they'd admit it if it was true and it tested poorly.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2009, 12:26 PM »
I'm just going to assume an Uwe Boll level of suck until I see it.  And yes, I'm going to see it in the theater, probably on opening night. 

I'm going to do this for a few reasons; first, I'm a GI Joe fan and I want this film to be good, I want it to succeed and I want there to be sequels.  Second, it's a summer event movie and I usually go to those in theaters anyway.  And third, I can't do a review on it if I haven't seen it.

Plus, Sienna Miller in black leather.

The reality of the situation, however, is that I'm going to expect ****.  So the film really only has potential to go up from there.  Unlike Angels & Demons which I was expecting good things from and hated.

E...