Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 300384 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Loose Jorg Sacul and another snowtrooper arrived today!   :)

I thought you were cutting back?  ;)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2007, 02:49 PM »

I thought you were cutting back?  ;)

Everything but kubricks...   ;)

The crazy thing is, Jorg's legs are so loose he is like a marionette with no strings. I may have to do a head swap to a luke x wing body with tighter lower limbs....  :-\

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2007, 03:23 PM »

ANOTHER Snowtrooper?!  How many are you up to now?  I don't have one and you're already on multiples...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2007, 04:34 PM »
That makes 3, and I may be done as that is how many AT-AT drivers I have and I like how they look together. This long wait between series has left me hoarding and army building like a fiend. I'll try to get a pic up sometime-

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Stealthtank (from Kubrick Nation) was selling a huge amount of stuff on eBay (I'm sure you all saw it).  Anyway, I picked up a bunch more stuff including the prized Yakface.  Very much looking forward to getting that one!!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2007, 12:22 PM »
Is Scott completely out of Kubs now?  He was pretty active here for a while as well and I picked up a couple of things from him when he was selling stuff off a while ago.  Bummer if he's done.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Is Scott completely out of Kubs now?  He was pretty active here for a while as well and I picked up a couple of things from him when he was selling stuff off a while ago.  Bummer if he's done.

I don't think that he's done, I just think he was cleaning house a bit.  He posted this over on Kubrick Nation:

'THose who know me know every year or so I have a crazy auction like this and just take the money and make more stupid toy purchases.'

Doesn't sound like he's done by a long shot...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2007, 11:09 PM »
To get my Kubs fix I bought a Halo 3 Master Chief Box Set at Hot Topic tonight. Now if they would only carry Star Wars ones.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2007, 11:12 PM »
I didn't realize Hot Topics sold any Kubes.  How much do they run there?  Where in the store do they keep them?

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2007, 11:33 PM »
I didn't realize Hot Topics sold any Kubes.  How much do they run there?  Where in the store do they keep them?

I found them on a peg in the front of the store with Halo t-shirts. But in the back of the store they had more hanging up with other figures. It ran $20. I've never seen any Kubes in there before. The thing I've ever seen is Bust-Ups

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2007, 09:37 PM »
My items from Stealthank arrived... I got my Yakface.  I'm almost giddy with excitment.  I can't believe I spent this much $$ on 3 inches of plastic.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Got my items from Stealthtank too.  Almost everything was in perfect, still bagged condition.  Unfortunately though, my Han in Stormtrooper disguise figure arrived decapitated :o.  Hopefully I'll be getting a replacement or a refund for that...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 1, 2007, 07:55 AM »
Got my items from Stealthtank too.  Almost everything was in perfect, still bagged condition.  Unfortunately though, my Han in Stormtrooper disguise figure arrived decapitated :o.  Hopefully I'll be getting a replacement or a refund for that...

That is a drag- did the neck snap off or did the head just come out?

My stealth tank purchase arrived as well. I never thought I would own logray, but there he is. I picked up the speederbike/trooper set as well, since it was loose.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 1, 2007, 09:23 AM »
That is a drag- did the neck snap off or did the head just come out?

Ends up he had done a custom a while back and forgot about it.  I ended up with that custom.  So he's refunding my money and I'm back in need of that Chase :(

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Ended up getting the Luke/Yoda figure from the Mail Away Box Set.  This is hands down my favorite Kubrick yet.  Extremely well done.

Also picked up some more Biker Scouts so that I could make some more 41st Elite Troopers.

Finally, I picked up a 400% Vader, 400% Han Stormtrooper, and 400% Luke Stormtrooper.  After seeing these in person I couldn't resist.