Author Topic: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star  (Read 188108 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2012, 09:26 PM »
It seems more likely that they are both 1:96, with one or the other being in each mastercase.  That was the distribution pattern for the first 3 dx series, so I expect it will hold true here too. Even if it turns out to be 1:48, an imperial troop is likely to hold a value closer to $100. Just getting a regular dx3 sandtrooper is likely to set you back $25-30.

I think lower overall production volumes are having an impact on the chase prices as well. And the fact that we don't have staggered case ratios for dx 3 and now 4 seems to be having an impact on availability of "extras." After resorting to handing out spirit Anakins as halloween treats and bar tips just to get rid of them, maybe that isn't always a bad thing. But I miss the easy army building days too.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Agreed - I can't see this actually being 1:48.  I would love to be proved wrong though - it would soften the blow of getting a master case to have a guaranteed Imperial Trooper in there.  I don't mind shelling out the extra dough for him.

As for the Astromech, it will be interesting to see what he goes for.  As I recall, there wasn't a lot of love for Owen with DX3, but he ended up becomming more popular over time.  These chases in particular are hard to take because they've hit it out of the park with the last 4 IMO.  I suppose we were due for a few dogs.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2012, 11:03 PM »
It's probably wishful thinking on my part and you're most likely right.

Re-reading the instinct toy blog post (translated to English) it sounds like for DX4 instinctoys only got one master case this time round. The set of sixes, background and spares went up on the store and the chase went up on yahoo auctions.

If they only got one master case it would be hard to differentiate between a 1/48 or 1/96 chase.

I also find it curious that the ratios of the basic kubricks has not yet been listed.

This ebay auction is using the images from instinctoys blog so it could be surmised the 1/48 info has also been lifted from there.

So if indeed this is misinformation how is this corrected? Does any individual get master cases anymore let alone multiples?

Bespin and Endor next. Where and where do they usually release the new updates for the next 2 series?

The next Medicom Toy Exhibition around July/August is you're best bet, but even then it will just be a preview not an announcement of when they'll actually arrive.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:49 PM by space monkey »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2012, 11:55 PM »
So if indeed this is misinformation how is this corrected? Does any individual get master cases anymore let alone multiples?

I ordered a master case.  Will let you know what I get when I get them.  Hopefully I will be reporting an Imp Commander sighting...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2012, 12:16 AM »
well depicted in Kubrik style. It´s time this brand draw noses on characters

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2012, 02:05 AM »
I'm putting in my vote for the two worst SW chase releases to date.  We already got a black astromech in one of the TRU boxed sets.  Very disappointed by this

I'm with you...  If I was smart, I'd cancel my Bo12 pre-order and just scarf up a set of 6 on the cheap.

Thankfully I didn't bother with ordering a set or box this time.  Uninspired before the chases were known, IMO.  And yes, I'm still sour about the AT-ST driver. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2012, 04:27 AM »
Uninspired before the chases were known, IMO.  And yes, I'm still sour about the AT-ST driver.

Word  ;D

Confirmation of only two legs via Yahoo Japan.

Buy in now for 24,800 Yen who's up for it!  ;)

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2012, 04:56 AM »
That chase is so disappointing (easy to customise though!).

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2012, 10:14 AM »
Instinctoy's imperial lackey sold for $280...looks like the prices for these chases are going to be high too...I really hope they ditch the DX format and return to form ASAP...I long for a return to the days of 9 original characters per wave!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2012, 11:47 AM »
A Lackey or General Maximilian Veers as the seller calls it sold for a bin of $199.95. Also a Full Set with Background Card bin'd at $599.99.

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2012, 11:56 AM »
Tragically, I'm responsible for that full set.

I'm a completist at heart and even though I find the chases massively disappointing I still want them in my collection. I kicked myself for not pulling the trigger on full sets earlier on DX 2 & 3 and ended up spending more in the end...(plus my heart was broken trying to track down an Uncle Owen).

I intend selling the background card so hopefully that'll take some of the sting out of the tail of the BIN price...

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2012, 12:02 PM »
I BIN'd a background card this morning for $65/free shipping. I'm probably a fool for that but you never know how scarce they'll be.

A Lackey or General Maximilian Veers as the seller calls it sold for a bin of $199.95.

And $3 shipping...not too bad. Anybody here grab that?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:04 PM by MikeT »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2012, 12:44 AM »

Jesse is the uniform guru around here...I'll ask him to weigh in

I've been tied up the last week with stuff and not had a chance to chime in, and I didn't actually read the entire thread because there's a lot of pages to go through and I'm just now getting on here at 12:30.  Blah.

As far as the character it's weird...  the shoulders clearly have the Imperial Logo and no rank, which I tend to lean that the figure's intent was to be what ultimately turned out (IMO) to be Imperial Gunners sans the armor/helmet...  Or any other guy who wears the black jumpsuit with shoulder logos for that matter, but without his typical helmet/armor.

There are some Imperial Bridge Crewmen on destroyers in the black jumpsuits with shoulder patches and black kepi hats as well.

But the first time that Imperial uniform surfaced was in A New Hope...  The guys tracking the escape pods from the Tantive IV, are actually the first time they show Imperials in black jumpsuits...  Can't see any rank badges.  That's where the theory came up though that those are maybe Gun crewmen just without the fancy helmets (manning a different type of cannon perhaps, that requires less hardware for the crewman to wear, or whatever).

Then there's the bridge crew and the Death Star guys standing at attention too.

Then there are "Death Star Troopers" on Endor, working the shield generator, who sport the DST helmet but wear the black jumpsuit (could be just coveralls for a possibly more grimey job than the DST's we see manning posts on the Death Star itself).

Then by contrast the "Imperial Commanders" in black tunics we see in the movies do seem to all have rank badges and the tunic/jadgpur combination, and no shoulder logos (they're listed in EU as "Stormtrooper Officers").  Nobody in the tunics have that actually, just the guys in jumpsuits be they grey or black.

The "skirt" thing makes it look more like the generic "Imperial Commander" name, but the shoulder emblems and lack of detail on the body (to look like a tunic) imply that he's more that "Technician/Gunner" outfit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2012, 11:27 AM »
Got my shipping confirmation notice on the HLJ order that I CANCELLED.  Anyone know what their return policy is?  I emailed right away to halt any further shipment before it leaves the country.  No notice yet from NCSX, but they are always a bit later than the other guys.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2012, 11:56 AM »
From NCSX:

Hi Justin, we expect to receive the new Kubrick toys in the next few days and we'll send you an update when they arrive. Thanks

*twidles thumbs*