Author Topic: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star  (Read 188102 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2012, 12:38 PM »
If he's a Commander, where's his rank insignia?  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2012, 12:41 PM »
I think they are saying that they opened a case and found this chase.  They listed it as 1:48 because they opened 4 boxes.  There's likely another case with a different chase in one of the 4 boxes, just like all the other deluxe releases. 

I think it is just mislabed as 1:48 when it technically should be 1:96.

I believe they are Imperial Technicians and can be seen in the first few scenes of ROTJ where Vader's ship is arriving in the control room...also note the Imperial Logos on the shoulders

Hasbro made this figure back in POTJ

Hasbro called this figure "Imperial Officer" not Imperial Technician.   Officer is a generic term for any number of ranks, including a commander.  I'm sticking with IMPERIAL COMMANDER.

I agree completely!

Wait, no I don't!

Maybe it is from the 3D release, and will be from a yet to be revealed new addition to the film, with all the imperial troops wearing gray kilts.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) : :)     ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D       ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:05 PM by Dan »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2012, 12:46 PM »
Right...I know it is geeky minutia but he's not a commander.  There was also a geeky uproar POTJ era over calling that figure Imperial Officer...technically what they put out was not an Officer

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2012, 01:12 PM »
  There was also a geeky uproar ...

That is a great quote! I love the idea of frantic keyboard pounding, blood pressures rising,  and the general insanity that goes with us taking these things remotely seriously- A geeky uproar strikes fear in the heart of the establishment!

I'll decide whether or not he is an officers after I find out how much I have to pay. Maybe it will be easier to take the beating if I can claim he is at least ranked, badges be damned!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Maybe he had to race off to battle and forgot to put his ranking badges on?  Maybe he just left the barracks without it by accident?  I forgot my employee ID badge today, but my work still let me in to do my job and no one demoted me.  ;) Maybe Vader was upset and force-ripped his badge away or it got blown off in battle?  Maybe he's a stealth commander and the badge is hidden in the undershit?  Maybe they left it blank so we could apply our own badges to have officers of different rank?

If he's just a technician, then why not have the gray jumpsuit we see in ANH?  If he is a DS Gunner or Imperial Naval Guard sans Helmet & Armor, why not give him those cooler accessories like they did with Floppy Hat Luke?  He must have some function other than "Imperial Guy in a Jumpsuit."  Does it make sense that they have some kind of low level mechanic wearing the same outfit as a commanding offer, just sans the badges?  Nonsense.

I'll decide whether or not he is an officers after I find out how much I have to pay. Maybe it will be easier to take the beating if I can claim he is at least ranked, badges be damned!

Amen.  This is what it really comes down to for me.  If he's just some Imperial flunkie, then I don't feel great about blowing hundreds of dollars on him.  If he is the reinterpretation of my beloved vintage Imperial Commander reimagined in modern Kube form, then I can totally justify the extra cash to get him.  Imperial Commander.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2012, 02:16 PM »
Meh! What a piece of junk! 

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2012, 02:42 PM »
Ouch, this thing looks worse with each picture. It looks like he's wearing a t-shirt tux in the first shot-

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Yeah, looks like they played with it in the sandbox and scraped a decal off his chest before they took the picture. 

Maybe instinctoy got sent some kind of preproduction mock up by mistake?  :-\ :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12 PM »
He will look better when I glue the Imperial Commander badges onto his torso.   ;D
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2012, 05:48 PM »
These are just about ready to ship, so time for a quick update...

SW Deluxe Series 4 (Does not include shipping):

1x Basic Set of 6 + Probe Droid ($85) - Jeff - will hopefully have for the next meeting
1x Basic Set of 6 + Probe Droid ($85) - Adrian
1x Basic Set of 6 + Probe Droid ($85) - Johnnyl - Paid
1x Basic Set of 6 + Probe Droid ($85) - Drewlam - Paid
1x Basic Set of 6 + Probe Droid ($85) - Jayson - will hopefully have for the next meeting
1x Basic Set of 6 + Probe Droid ($85) -
1x Complete Probe Droid ($20) - Johnnyl - Paid
1x Death Star Cardboard Display ($40) - I Am Sith

I still have 1 Basic set unclaimed...

I should also have 5 individual figures left, but won't know which ones until I get them.  I know Steve and Dan are interested in some - be sure to let me know which ones!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2012, 09:36 PM »
That chase is seriously weak.  Not so sure about rushing to shell out big money for that one...  Several releases ago, that would have been a good 4:12 figure to release.  It's too bad that its now ending up as a 1/48 or 1/96 chsae.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2012, 10:30 PM »
I don't understand all the hate over this figure.  It certainly could have been done better, but it could have been a lot worse too.  At least it's not a lame character or another Boba Fett variation.  I think the only big flaw I see is the lack of torso detail, which honestly Jayson or someone with a half decent photoshop program could probably fix in 15 minutes.  He's essentially just Veers with different colors - Veers is one of my favorite chases, so I actually think this is pretty cool.  That said, if I get one I will probably do a little added customizing...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Better...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2012, 11:45 PM »
Any chance this is like the Poncho Luke where the first image wasn't accurate with the shirt details co pared to the actual product?  I'm really disappointed by the blank shirt. I will NOT go out of my way to try and get one of these.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2012, 12:37 AM »
No as these are "in hand" photos from instinctoy and the only way that horrible torso piece could be wrong is if it's a production error. What I dislike about isnt so much the lack of detail but the different colour of the torso compared with the arms or the skirt.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"