Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 306493 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1350 on: September 2, 2020, 02:36 PM »
Piece of collecting advice for all. If you order a Vintage Collection figure from Amazon make sure your wife doesn't order a 24 pack of jerky that ships in same shipping box as the Vintage Collection figure.........
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1351 on: September 2, 2020, 06:31 PM »
Mmmmm pemmican
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 2, 2020, 08:26 PM »
I think Nick just came up with Hasbro's latest product -- edible action figures.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 3, 2020, 09:37 AM »
Got my K-2SO delivered via Amazon yesterday.  Awesome figure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 3, 2020, 02:08 PM »
Picked up Hondo and Fives from Target this morning. Super relieved to have gotten these guys so easily without a lot of frenzied driving around.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 3, 2020, 09:19 PM »
Picked up Hondo and Fives from Target this morning. Super relieved to have gotten these guys so easily without a lot of frenzied driving around.  :)
Did you preorder those or find them on the pegs?
Macklunkey!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 4, 2020, 09:42 AM »

Just found them on the pegs oddly enough. Not sure if they got one case or two, a few had sold before I got there. They ring up under the 6045 DPCI if that helps.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1357 on: October 5, 2020, 03:00 AM »
Picked up a Chirrut at Target today and yesterday a friend found the whole wave.  My case is on the way so no biggie and I wanted an extra of Chirrut and Hondo.  Could live without Jedi Luke but hey whatever.

My store had mostly cardbacks with mushed bubbles and all Hondo and 5s were gone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 5, 2020, 09:06 PM »
I picked up the reissues of Darth Maul and Wicket.  I also spotted this TESB Digital Release commemorative 4-pack.  It’s all 5 POA figures.  I don’t know how I missed this set, but considering the articulation I passed on it   
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 6, 2020, 10:06 AM »
My Hondo wave arrived! Great figures in this wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 6, 2020, 08:00 PM »

Just found them on the pegs oddly enough. Not sure if they got one case or two, a few had sold before I got there. They ring up under the 6045 DPCI if that helps.

Thanks,  I found them today as did several others near Minneapolis. Apparently normal jedi luke is 1 per case, side-eye jedi Luke is also one per case.
Macklunkey!

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 8, 2020, 01:14 PM »
I got a chance to do some Target runs during the day yesterday (was out of the office for some appointments) and while I was primarily looking for the new Jazwares Halo 3.75” figures, I got lucky at one store and also found the TVC Fives, Hondo, and Chirrut figures. Yesterday was a good day  8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 1, 2020, 07:44 AM »
I had an order in with Dorkside for a set of 2020 wave 5.  But when I saw social media posts that other customers were receiving their solid cases of this wave and I didn't hear anything from them?  I cancelled.  And I've been picking up this wave kind of piecemeal.  Over the past couple of days I got Jedi Luke and Chirrut Imwe (photos don't do this figure justice).  I have an order in with Amazon for Hondo.  And this morning I finally ordered ARC Trooper Fives from Amazon, too.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1363 on: November 1, 2020, 11:25 PM »
I haven’t seen much new TVC in a while.  Wally has a Luke Jedi and Wolfe near me but Target is back to never getting anything and Walmart barely so it seems.  The cardboard displah was put out the week after every other Walmart put theirs out here, and was picked clean again I got there this weekend.  And I mean clean.  Bare.  Not one of anything.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 10, 2020, 09:54 AM »
I can’t believe that I actually found a new figure in a store this morning!  I got the Rogue One Darth Vader today.  None of the rest of the wave was present, but it was good to finally get something new at long last. 

The only other new TVC I’ve seen at retail was at the lone Toys R Us store in New Jersey. There I was able to get Fives, Chirrut and Hondo.

Feedback