Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 211269 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #735 on: August 16, 2020, 03:01 PM »
Holy cow, I hit the mother lode at GameStop today! I saw all the new Rebels figures (except Zeb), the whole Plo Koon wave, the Shadow Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper Commander, and even the Carbonized Stormtrooper! It’s like everything just hit at once.

I tried to rein in my enthusiasm as much as I could, but I ended up getting Light Boots Obi-Wan (to go with the dark boot version I got from HTS) and what I think are both versions of Kit Fisto. I’m not so sure about that one though, the facial paints apps are a pretty subtle difference IMO. Date stamp on the boxes is the same too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 18, 2020, 02:51 PM »
My amazing run of luck continued today when I walked into Target and found a full fresh case of the Teebo/Ackbar wave on the pegs. Just beautiful.

Sadly my luck outlasted my discretionary funds, so I had to limit myself to just one. Mandalorian in Beskar armor was the clear choice. I only saw the last one twice in my whole life so I wasn’t taking any chances with him.  :)

Wow though, this glut of product lately is just unprecedented. That Bly wave had barely even begun to hit before we got the Rebels wave, the Walmart exclusive wave preorders, the Target exclusives preorders, the third wave of 40th anniversary figures, the Plo Koon wave and now this Mando wave. I’m impressed with anyone that can keep up with that kind of onslaught...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 19, 2020, 11:25 PM »
Found Dooku, AOTC Anakin, AOTC Kenobi, and Geonosis Battle Android at GameStop this evening... but they wanted $30 a pop for them! You could almost buy the entire case online for that price! So I passed.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 20, 2020, 09:53 PM »
Found Dooku, AOTC Anakin, AOTC Kenobi, and Geonosis Battle Android at GameStop this evening... but they wanted $30 a pop for them! You could almost buy the entire case online for that price! So I passed.

I think they allow each store manager to alter the price on these.  When I found that wave they were all $23...EXCEPT the Battle Droid, which was $30.  Asking $5 more than the Heavy Battle Droid is just silly.  I asked the cashier about it and he said they get revised pricing on various things daily. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 21, 2020, 11:08 AM »
I went back yesterday and got Teebo and Ackbar at that same Target. Then this morning I went back and got the Kamino clone and Stormtrooper. Vader and Luke will have to wait.

I did see Vader at a different store but he had an ugly splotch of silver paint on his nose which would have bugged me enough that I had to pass.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2020, 11:34 PM »

I think they allow each store manager to alter the price on these.  When I found that wave they were all $23...EXCEPT the Battle Droid, which was $30.  Asking $5 more than the Heavy Battle Droid is just silly.  I asked the cashier about it and he said they get revised pricing on various things daily.

That makes sense. I figure this is Gamestop corporate trying to squeeze some money out of people due to their financial situation. Gamestop has always been a few dollars above MSRP, effectively stealing TRU's TRU Tax method, but $10 more is ridiculous. Even my local comic shop doesn't charge that much for figures!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 30, 2020, 12:00 PM »
I got Ahsoka and Carbonized Boba Fett in the mail from GameStop yesterday. Both shipped separately and arrived in pristine condition I was happy to find. Really like the Boba and his silvery jumpsuit.

Was able to eventually score a Captain Cardinal also after a lot of running around at Targets this morning. That’s the only one I really wanted, so happy to have that accomplished.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 10, 2020, 11:54 AM »
I picked up another Black Series Probe Droid this morning while I was out looking for the Galaxy’s Edge Target exclusives.  Target has put these on clearance, and at $14.99 it was difficult to turn this down. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 13, 2020, 12:17 AM »
My local Target marked down Black Series figures down to $13.99. The millions of Jannah and Wedge figures have mysteriously vanished but I did grab one of the million Yavin Luke figures, the only figure they had, for that price.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 18, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Picked up Snowspeeder Luke in the new box at Target. Only thing of interest they had.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 19, 2020, 12:41 PM »
I was able to place an online order for Captain Cardinal on Target.com.

There's also a promotion at Target - spend $40 on Galaxy's Edge product and you get a $10 gift card.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 19, 2020, 12:51 PM »
Nice, I’ve been checking on the other three GE figures but no change so far on those that I have seen.

I had a great experience this morning which sadly seems more and more unlikely to happen again: walking into a store right as they were putting a fresh case on the pegs. Walmart had the whole Mando wave, right out of the box, imagine my delight.

The only one I really needed was Vader, so some lucky collector or kid is going to be happy after me.  :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 21, 2020, 06:11 PM »
I spotted a lone Admiral Ackbar at Target over the weekend. The same store also had like 5 Jannahs on clearance for $9.99.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 21, 2020, 11:48 PM »
Amazon has a handful of Black Series for pretty cheap if you're looking for clearance fodder.  Rey and others for around $10, Luke Yavin for $6, and Jannah's for $3.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 29, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Found the Cad Bane wave at Target today. Hasbro is killing us right now.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within