Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 212338 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #690 on: July 15, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Outstanding...I worry too that it might be too ambitious in its numbers, but it’s a great choice and insanely cool looking toy. I am rooting hard for this one.

The skiff set a high bar for others to follow.  Hopefully this also doesn't create a challenge if the price goes up for the next Star Wars item and they expect a $600 Death Star to sell as many units as the barge.

Hopefully they worked out a bunch of bugs with the barge and know how to distribute this internationally a lot better as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #691 on: July 15, 2019, 10:45 PM »
It's not to scale....easy pass.  Right Jesse?!   :D

Honestly if it’s like the BB8 set yeah probably lol.  Of course that’s assuming it happens anyway but while I love the Jabba Palace thing, I didn’t love that BB8 and passed happily...

I’m not saying it would be like that...  and I’m not saying I know anything...  but I am saying if it turns out like that style, it’s not my cup of tea really.  🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #692 on: July 15, 2019, 10:47 PM »
Btw regarding Transformers, the fan base for those is all about shelling out insane money for stuff.  Huge collector base around the world.  Japan is probably even bigger than US.  I wouldn’t judge it to be a small collector group.  They have lines of insanely expensive stuff just like Star Wars does.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 16, 2019, 01:13 AM »
I think Unicron is a great choice for a HasLab project. Interesting that Hasbro is going to have multiple projects running at once, but their choices of project certainly do not have much overlap in terms of collector community so they should be good. Now if they were to introduce a Marvel or GI Joe project now, I think there would be quite a bit of fighting between collecting communities if neither project got backed because it might be viewed as overlap between the collecting communities affecting the ability for backers to take on both projects.

Unicron was one of those two projects I had heard was coming...  the other is Star Wars based. ;)

I REALLY hope you're not implying that a 3rd project announcement is on it's way and it's going to be a Star Wars project.  :(

I could honestly use a little break.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #694 on: July 16, 2019, 02:07 AM »
I REALLY hope you're not implying that a 3rd project announcement is on it's way

I make no claims that another HasLab announcement is imminent, just that there is definitely at least one more Star Wars idea in the HasLab parking lot as a potential project. 

Actually, there are probably at least two Star Wars ideas in the parking lot since a Death Star Playset is so obvious a choice that it must be in the parking lot already as well.  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #695 on: July 16, 2019, 09:43 AM »
They should make Unicron bigger for each 2,000 or so people that back the project. That would swell the numbers.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #696 on: July 16, 2019, 12:33 PM »
I REALLY hope you're not implying that a 3rd project announcement is on it's way

I make no claims that another HasLab announcement is imminent, just that there is definitely at least one more Star Wars idea in the HasLab parking lot as a potential project. 

Actually, there are probably at least two Star Wars ideas in the parking lot since a Death Star Playset is so obvious a choice that it must be in the parking lot already as well.  :-X

Send me a PM with what you know.  I have a TS clearance...promise I won't leak it!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 16, 2019, 01:35 PM »
As somebody who has been paying attention to these things, I think the other upcoming Star Wars HasLab initiative is supposed to be a BS scaled X-Wing Fighter.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 20, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Does anyone know if Elmo or Grover or whoever is checking in with Cookie Monster? I'm a little worried about his mental health right now.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 20, 2019, 03:16 PM »
As somebody who has been paying attention to these things, I think the other upcoming Star Wars HasLab initiative is supposed to be a BS scaled X-Wing Fighter.

Please no.  Nothing big that is 6" scale.  That TIE Fighter was cool, but almost nobody bought it even when it was clearanced out for $50.  I passed on simply because it was so big and I didn't have a place for it.

I love the smaller vehicles/beasts they do like speeder bikes, landspeeder, etc., but I don't want an X-Wing or anything large.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 20, 2019, 03:43 PM »
I'm with Dave. I love the TIE, but if I'm going to devote that much space to something else, let it be a never before made 3.75 scale item
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:44 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #701 on: August 15, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Checking today I see it's not exactly going gang-busters for the two current projects.

Unicron = 31.8% backed (2546/8000) with 16 days left
Cookie Monster = 15.4% backed (462/3000) with 10 days left

For comparison, the Sail Barge was at 60% (3002/5000) with 13 days to go.  The number of orders for Unicron isn't tracking that far off what the Sail Barge did, it's just Unicron's much higher 8000 threshold that makes the overall % look bad.  Unicron succeeding is still possible if it gets the same kind of push as the Barge did in the final two weeks. 

I wonder if Hasbro has plans for a 'kicker' for Unicron to get the buzz going again?** (Like adding Carded POTF Yakface did for the barge.)  I saw they added a 'plush cookie' to the Cookie Monster HasbLab project but I don't think that'll move the needle enough for him to make it to 3000.

edit: **today they announced Unicron has a removable head with an alternate 'damaged' faceplate you can use to replicate the end of the 1986 movie.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:35 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #702 on: August 15, 2019, 03:23 PM »
They should have bumped his size for each 1k of backers.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 19, 2019, 03:45 PM »
Not looking good for Cookie Monster.  Only picked up 25 more backers this weekend.  Down to six days to get 80%+ of the backing necessary.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #704 on: August 20, 2019, 12:21 AM »
Poor Cookie Monster.  Perfect HOV lane companion.