Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 142621 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2018, 09:33 AM »
I finally just got caught up with Fear after leaving it on the DVR for weeks.  I really enjoyed the last half season - the best yet for the show and better than the last two seasons of Walking Dead.  I'm worried about the direction of this half of the season though.  I feel like its going to be a lot of individual stories of them wandering around in during and after the storm and will all come together at the end... and then probably take a big road trip out East. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2018, 11:29 AM »
I agree with you Brent that the next few episodes will be about this groups' various POVs during the storm....I still think something is going to keep them from heading back East though.  I don't see them merging the two shows quite yet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2018, 11:45 AM »
I've never read the comics.  Is there any FOTWD story line in the comics, or is it all Rick and crew east coast focused?  Are any of the FOTWD characters ones that eventually appear in the comics?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2018, 03:02 PM »
I've never read the comics.  Is there any FOTWD story line in the comics, or is it all Rick and crew east coast focused?  Are any of the FOTWD characters ones that eventually appear in the comics?

FTWD is a completely different storyline....nothing in the comics at all.  The comic is basically Rick's story.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 1, 2018, 09:58 PM »
Follow the Walking Morgan should be the name of the show, seems to be what half of the episodes are now. Lennie James has improved it, though. Not sure how he became their leader, but...for an ex-cop, John whats-his-face doesn't have much initiative. I'm sick of Al and her friggin' tapes.  Strand's character seems stranded, and I suspect will be the next to perish.  Diary of  Martha the Mad Black Woman is dead after not being killed like she should've been 10 times over. Gotta admire the type of crazy that opens hundreds of bottles of water and puts anti-freeze in them. Of course in our world, anti-freeze has color to it, so you know, you won't mistake it for water.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2018, 09:59 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #230 on: October 2, 2018, 03:19 AM »
Lot of coolants now have bittering agents added...  not sure how long that has been going on or if it’s all brands and types tho.  I didn’t see how they did the coolant in bottles thing but it takes time to kill someone with it and it takes a good bit and even if it was clear, old coolant didn’t taste like water.  It is sweet that’s why dickheads would kill animals with it. 

Still haven’t jumped onto ftwd but I’m getting kinda tempted.  I’ve  watched some eps lately.  I see Darma is on it now too.  May have to binge it maybe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 2, 2018, 11:03 AM »
I knew that they were not going to go back to Virginia.  I'm also glad that dingbat who's been screwing with them is finally dead....worst villain ever.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 1, 2019, 10:57 PM »
Season 5 Triler.

I'm looking forward to see where this goes.  They are supposed to tie into the movie coming in 2020.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 4, 2019, 11:57 AM »
This actually looks promising.  I'm more excited to see this season than any of the previous ones.  I like just about everyone in the current cast.  Sending Morgan over to the spinoff was a brilliant decision.  Nice to see *Spoiler* $%Dwight!% back again too!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 3, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Season 5 premier last night...my takeaways:

- Why the hell were our group in an FREAKIN' AIRPLANE?!  There better be an explanation forthcoming on this crap!

- Looks like Al stumbled upon Black Mesa.

- Max Headroom -- super villain.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2019, 01:54 AM »
I like that Matt Frewer survived this zombie apocalypse. And he's the new smart antagonist that tricks the idiots heroes into abandoning the compound, which he owns...anyway.  Though, no one is paying property taxes...so...wait, no government.

Next week there's a wild west ghost town where  ever they are stuck, so gang, let's split up and solve this mystery!  Maybe they can find Scrappy... Al. Or is Alicia Scrappy?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2019, 04:10 PM »
They still haven't answered the question....why for the love of all that is holy did these morons decide to get into a plane and try to fly it?!

It reminds me of TWD season two when Lori got into a car just to go out and flip it to be in danger.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2019, 05:20 PM »
They still haven't answered the question....why for the love of all that is holy did these morons decide to get into a plane and try to fly it?!

It reminds me of TWD season two when Lori got into a car just to go out and flip it to be in danger.

Seriously, my first question is what's the plan for landing that thing?  No navigation, no knowledge of airports with good airstrips... it was basically a crash landing waiting to happen.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2019, 10:14 PM »
Morgan's guilt trip about helping people is just that strong, even though they've yet to find anyone after months!

Also, I like how they left a crate of weapons at the crash site.  Now they are gone.  Yet, they wanted to rush to the truck stop and....the plan was...? Few weapons. Supposedly surrounded by walkers.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2019, 11:50 AM »
They wanted to get to the truck stop because Luciana was wounded and there were supplies there.  Of course the only reason she was hurt is because they all got on a plane WITH NOT A SINGLE EXPERIENCED PILOT AMONG THEM!!!!!!

Seriously show runners...WTF?

I will admit, this week seeing Daniel was pretty cool...guess he had some time between calypso tours.
This is the way.

I have spoken.