Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163949 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jodo Kast work in progress
« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2005, 08:18 PM »
aeseven7's customs are sweet! CHEWIE you should get him to post his stuff here. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/23/05
« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Nice. He looks like he should be out there blasting at the Jedi!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Very nice DD! The color looks dead on. The weathering is perfect too, it isn't over done or underdone, it looks quite natural!  :)
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Re: Jodo Kast work in progress
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2005, 12:27 AM »
hey DD, how'd you replace the votc fett belt with the 300th fett belt? was there any limb-removing involved or any torso/pelvic cracking, or did it just stretch a lot in boiled water? I'm doing a custom mandalorian (not jaster though) and I'm using a different belt for variation, but it has the same hole size as the 300th fett.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2005, 05:19 AM »
Thanks guys. Like I said, I have a few more clones in the works, as well as some fan-fic stuff and a few videogame customs I hope to have finished this week...as well as the fan-fic hottie for the customizing challenge.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2005, 12:12 PM »
DD, I want to see you make some sort of hybrid Storm/Clone Trooper.   ;)

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2005, 03:23 AM »
Hey, what the hell? Where did all the pics go?

Don't tell me I have to restert this thread...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2005, 03:49 AM »
You may have hit your bandwith limit DD, not sure.  Photobucket (I think that's who you're hosting iwth?) are goofy like that.  I use my account there sparingly.  I like them a lot, but for hosting lots of images they can be funky.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2005, 04:23 AM »
There's a limit? That's crap!  :P

Thanks for the heads up, Jesse. Is there a better hosting service somewhere out there? Any suggestions or solutions? I've got new pics to post!   ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #294 on: May 28, 2005, 06:21 AM »
Hmmm, Photobucket's who I hear the best news about short of opening up your own site...  I went there to just host pics online when I want to.

I'm sure someone will give some better advice on this than I can.

Most people seem to create their own site...  WIth the # of figs you churn out, that may be a better option for you DD, over a simple image hosting site.  :-\  Then again, there's quite crappy website hosts too, like Geocities who I cannot STAND seeing customs posted on...  Gotta be someone reliable though somewhere online.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 28, 2005, 10:59 AM »
DD, I'm using www.250free.com - maybe that will work for you.  Or maybe you should delete a few of the images on your hosting service?

:P

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #296 on: May 28, 2005, 01:56 PM »
When they are talking bandwidth...  it's not the amount of pictures, it's the amount of people hitting those pictures.  JD is a popular forum, so I'm sure you are getting a lot of hits.  I'm not sure how they do their bandwidth there, but if I took a guess, your pictures will be back on Wednesday (first of the month).
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 29, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Well, I showed them...I just opened a new account for my new pics. Hopefully the old one will refresh come Monday, as Jedisearch predicted, so I won't have to transfer over all those pics and add new links.

Here's my project from today. It's a Republic Commando from my fan-fic Omega Squad. If I ever do a photonovel, I may do this one about the Omegas in addition to one from the KOTOR era. I've been working on it while the shocktroop I'm doing for Chewie dries. If this turns out, I may make a few for Chewie for his novels.  ;D

Be kind, it's still very much a work in progress.

Pieces include parts from Ricky's RC sculpt, the AT-TE Gunner, and the SA  #41 Clone. There's also a backpack from one of the Ep. 1 Accessory packs, and pieces from a BBI military figure.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/28/05
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2005, 02:33 AM »
Lookin' good so far DD! 8)

Are you going to give him a unique paint job or is he going to be a regular white grunt? Looking at him right now, I notice there is a gap between the torso and the right arm, you should try and fix that. I like the double shoulder pads, they look pretty cool. The belt is a good start too, but I think I would rotate it a bit because the big pouches seem like they are right under his arm and may be a bit obtrusive. Fromwhat I can see of it the backpack looks pretty cool, which one of the sets is it from?

I wish I would have gotten Ricky's commando, I had asked for some unassebled or painted casts back when he had that huge thread at RS offeringthem but I never heard back from him and then I got banned..... :P ;) You or CHEWIE should get him to post over here too, as well as BAntha5 (I know he registered here but he never posts) same with Glassman. I guess I do see his stuff at FFURG but I miss seeing the other guys' stuff, and I really want some commando casts :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/29/05
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2005, 04:57 AM »
Yeah, the arm isn't flush yet; it will be in the finished product. I also scrapped the belt and went with a different one as I couldn't get it into a position where it didn't interfere with his articulation on either the arm or the leg. I'm also not a big fan of the shoulder pads as they stand now...I'll be adjusting them soon.

The backpack is from one of the later sets that were a little harder to find. Lucky for me I made a cast.   ;D I will be giving him specific squad colors, but I'm not sure as to what yet. I may leave his armor gray though... I kind of like the look, it reminds me of some of the original concept designs on the Commandos.

Here's a few others I finished tonight.

I still had the arms and head lying around from my Senate Guard, (I used the body for my original Kir Kanos) so I decided what the heck? I threw them on a SAGA Royal Guard body, covered it with the cloak from the ROTS version, and voila! A soft goods Episode I Senate Guard. Findswoman would be proud.  ;)

And finally, this is where my shattered Clone Commander ended up. A fan-fic Commander I've named Commander Krell.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a few more done tomorrow.  ;D

-DD
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 06:40 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!