Author Topic: Ordering TSC Figures by the Case?  (Read 13574 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get cases?
« Reply #45 on: July 3, 2006, 03:17 PM »
Entertainment Earth is the best.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #46 on: July 4, 2006, 07:47 PM »
I hate to agree with that, given they overpricing approach to collectibles, but that is true.  They have no let me down once, yet.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 4, 2006, 11:11 PM »
Entertainment Earth is the most reliable, and the price is fair.  $79.99 for the case which breaks down to $6.66 per figure, then about another $9 for shipping.  Between tax and gas at retail, it's a dead heat between EE and peg hunting.  Thus, you really can't beat Entertainment Earth for ordering online, given the good price, and total reliability.

New Force can be okay, but preordering a case with them is just like giving them a "suggestion".  They may or may not keep your order.  They crap out on you a little too often.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 4, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Newforce is awesome, but I had so many orders cancelled through them unfortunately :)

Exactly.  Which makes them not so awesome after all.  You can't count on them to be reliable, and I'm not interested in their excuses.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 5, 2006, 12:51 AM »
It might not really be their fault, but you're right.  When it comes down to it, I'm not going to chance orders with them, maybe not ever again.  I had two cases cancelled back in 2003 and it really irked me.  That has never happened with me anywhere else.  I'd rather pay a couple extra bucks and know what I'm getting.

:)

Offline Ephantmon

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2006, 02:35 PM »
My only problem with EE.com is this. I have ordered cases from them and ended up cancelling them myself cause I found them in the store long before they would ship my case out. But on the other hand I ordered a case of the H&V wave and I got it a week before I found them in the store. So I guess it can go either way. They just got the Tatooine wave in stock and I got my figures from Target about a month ago. I hope they get the Endor wave in before I find them.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering TSC Figures by the Case?
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2006, 05:17 PM »
I love ordering online especially in these times of high gas prices and a growing family.

My only gripe are the case breakdowns - it's often difficult to unload my extra Vaders that I get in every wave I order.

I guess I could return them to Wallyworld for store credit - is that unethical?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2006, 05:34 PM »
It does suck getting extra Vaders when you don't need them.  I've always wished he had more customizing potential as fodder.

:)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2006, 05:58 PM »
The extra Vader's is one of the biggest drawbacks of pre-ordering this years assortments.  I plan to give my extra Vader's, and other extras to the local neighborhood kids, and whatever is left to Toys for Tots at the end of the year.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Screwing pre-orderers as well as screwing the retailers...  Every store near me has a pile of Vaders from all series.  It's sad really.  Vader's popular, yes, but he's not THAT popular...  He sat in 2005 so I'm not sure what their drive is to have him pegwarm in 2006 too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77