Author Topic: 2014 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Rebels Cardback)  (Read 35457 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2014 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Rebels Cardback)
« on: May 2, 2014, 10:42 AM »
Courtesy of Sandtroopers - Saga Legends sneak peek!  click here for the giant-size pic

Looks like they are just character place-holders in the pic, but it looks like these guys are being added to Saga Legends line-up this Fall:

- TIE Pilot
- Plo Koon
- AT-AT Driver
- Royal Guard
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:09 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2014 Saga Legends Basic Figures
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Very excited for all these, especially the Jedi Temple Guard. Very cool to see Hasbro keeping CW alive even if it's one figure here and there. The Royal Guard will be very interesting - soft goods or no? The AT-DP Pilot is probably my favorite design so far from Rebels so good to see him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2014, 07:42 PM »
3 of those could very well be animated rebels figs.  I wouldn't be surprised really.  Stormie needs buddies.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:26 PM »
The Royal guard intrigues me. If it's well sculpted, it could be a part of the official army.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 9, 2014, 09:54 AM »
They were sort of overshadowed last night, but the Legends stuff that Hasbro had on display looked really nice... 

I'm not going to buy Skiff Lando and X-Wing Luke because I already have really nice versions of them, but I'll definitely pick up that Bespin Han for my Han collection. ;)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: October 9, 2014, 12:26 PM »
I was happy to see Luke, though the helmet is kind of odd. Maybe one of the existing ones will fit on there. Han I'm glad to see since I wasn't super happy with the TVC one. Lando... we just got the TVC one, which was very good, and I always liked the Saga one way back when better anyways.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 9, 2014, 01:54 PM »
No new Rebels or Clone Wars figures teased for this line?  ???
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: October 9, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Forgot about the Royal Guard, too. I thought the lack of new Rebels was odd, but we'll see what else comes during the show.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 10:33 AM »
No new Rebels or Clone Wars figures teased for this line?

Nope...  just OT. 

They didn't discount future Rebels figures, but I kind of got the feeling that Rebels won't have the same range of characters that TCW did.  That's why the Legends boxes are Rebels and Movies figures combined.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:33 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Plus Hasbro had said "Lots of OT" in the build-up to the new movies at one point, no?  Like they want that as the focus going in...  Rebels is hitting at a weird time.  I agree Jeff, it seems like the line may be somewhat limited.  So far there hasn't been much beyond the mains to get excited about anyway but it's only a couple episodes in.

I wonder if the show may be somewhat short-lived and that's the plan all along?  Not a huge expansive show like TCW was.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 06:11 PM »
Dave Filoni has said there's a long term plan for it, and it's been picked up for a second season, so Hasbro's apparent lack of interest is somewhat odd. On top of that, consider a comment from the Hasbro PR rep that Paul Harrison talked to at the show: so far as they know, all the Rebels figures have shipped, so it came as a surprise to them none have been found. What the hell?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 08:48 PM »
I get the feeling that there's one of two things going on with the REBELS basic figures.

1 - There's a holdup in the distribution chain.  And it could be anywhere in the chain:  shipping from HK to North America, or from Hasbro's warehouses on the West coast to the retail chains.

2 - There's a street date on the REBELS figures.

As for the limited nature of the REBELS line so far?  I get the sense that Hasbro is playing things more conservatively.  THE CLONE WARS animated series started out with great ratings as well as a feature film.  But ratings and interest tapered off with time.  As did sales of the 3.75" figure system.

What does Hasbro have to gain by holding things back?  Interest.  By delaying the release Hasbro might be trying to ramp up the level of interest in the line, albeit artificially.  There's also the nature of the way this new series will play out.  There are about 8 central characters, plus troopers.  That's very different from the broad scope of THE CLONE WARS.  In CW you had LOTS of Jedi, LOTS of Clones, and LOTS of Seperatists.  And that had the potential to generate a figure line that might have some 40+ figures per year.  But REBELS is different.  It focuses on the crew of The Ghost, who are 5 people plus a droid.  The Imperials in the series will generate some characters for the line, but we're not likely to see the widespread individualization with troopers that was a big part of CLONE WARS.

I think we'll see more REBELS offerings at Toy Fair '15.  But with Episode VII some 14+ months off from release now, I think we're likely to see a rampup from Hasbro that leads towards the new movie.  And REBELS is likely to be an interesting sub-line.  Kind of the way the late ear POTF2 CommTechs were in the EPISODE I days.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Wouldn't it make more sense if Hasbro's attention is simply on gearing up for new SW films in theaters, leaving Rebels as less of a priority?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2014, 05:16 PM »
I think that is it and what I was kinda trying to say.  Hasbro at one point said (iirc) they've been told to start refocusing, no?   Rebels is falling at a bad time I think and that's all.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2014 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Rebels Cardback)
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 11:18 AM »
Catching up on the Legends stuff, I saw that JTA and Scum both posted pictures of some new figures.

I'll be adding that Endor Han because of my Carded Han Solo collection, but no thanks to Endor Luke, Leia, and Commander Bly.

This line keeps dumbfounding me.  Most of these sculpts are really, really great... but the lack of articulation just kills it for me.  I get the Kenner vibe and deep down I think I really like them... but at the end of the day, I just keep seeing an inferior version of something I almost always already have.  :-\