Author Topic: scans of higher quality cardbacks around ?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline bobcat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
scans of higher quality cardbacks around ?
« on: March 12, 2015, 03:39 AM »

hello! its time to make a nice little display with figures ive bought over the last few years. mixed in with my TVC carded figures id love to get some of those high quality scans that use to be on the ffurg site. i just figured out about that place after buying a cd of cardbacks on ebay which ended up being nothing you cant find for free on the net and the quality isnt bad buts its not that great either.

ffurg is not accepting any new members and i think they got rid of the higher quality cardbacks anyway, long story short im surprised no one has made these available elsewhere. i would love to get those to make some nice scans. nothing crazy, i dont want to sell or any of that junk. i just want to have some cardbacks i do not have in vintage style for my display! if someone could help that would be great!

cheers! i cant believe this is this hard! googled my life away this past week and havent found much in terms of higher quality although i did stumble across a handful or so but nothing i even want really.

take care! hope to hear from someone!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: scans of higher quality cardbacks around ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:50 PM »
It's because of the Ebay CD's FFURG took them down, actually.  People were selling them, either via CD or alone, rather than sharing freely.  Became a real hassle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobcat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: scans of higher quality cardbacks around ?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 02:46 AM »
It's because of the Ebay CD's FFURG took them down, actually.  People were selling them, either via CD or alone, rather than sharing freely.  Became a real hassle.

right! thanks for the response btw! i did read the very same thing on the ffurg forum. you can still read stuff even if you arent registered. i cant find them anywhere and i was hoping someone could share but it seems like that isnt going so well! ya, the few ruin it for the many. its kinda the wrong way to look at things but all i  can do is ask around and hope someone can share those or something.

i did buy one of those cds but the quality is in 96 dpi and the resolution is 574 x 800..the handful of high quality ones i found on google are 1000 x2000 or so with a 300 dpi,but those are not even the ones i want :( the disc will have to do it seems and maybe it wont look so bad. at least i have something but id rather have the good crispy ones :) ah well. i did what i could so far, so thats all i can do really atm!

thanks man!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:59 AM by bobcat »