Author Topic: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1  (Read 25487 times)

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 12:13 PM »
Do we know what the case pack is supposed to be?  I'm assuming its the usual 12 figures per case.  That may mean that Kylo will be packed at just one per case with one of the other figures.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Your mistake is in thinking that Hasbro has a collectors mindset at the core of their strategy.  They don't.  They have a business model that is geared towards mass sales in a movie year.  Those more casual buyers are the target market for this Kylo Ren, and that's probably who will buy those figures.

And a battle damaged Kylo Ren?  Guess what?  That will be coming.  But not before Hasbro and the retailers sell through this one, and at least another three months pass.  Maybe we'll see that at Toy Fair 2017, but probably not any time before that.  ROGUE ONE is going to be the focus now, and we're going to see some REBELS and other saga characters sprinkled in until we get to the whole EPISODE 8 cycle.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 05:12 PM »
As much as I don't need more 5POA Kylo Ren figures, I see why Hasbro's including him.  It's healthy for retail too.

As a matter of fact, it would be better for retail if General Lando was not being repacked in the 3.75 TBS line... repacking TBS Kylo would be actually be better when talking about sales.  Though I'd rather them pack the First Order Stormtrooper again instead of either of those.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 06:14 PM »
I think they did repack Kylo in TBS line.  I saw a few on the pegs the other day when I found Han and Rey.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 06:52 PM »
I think they did repack Kylo in TBS line.  I saw a few on the pegs the other day when I found Han and Rey.

They did - as well as the First Order Stormtrooper, Finn and Rey - as a mix of figures completely ignoring the previous waves, that last case had a pretty good mix of figures. The only way it could have been better would have been to include Chewie and Poe instead of ROTJ Luke and Vader.

And a battle damaged Kylo Ren?  Guess what?  That will be coming.  But not before Hasbro and the retailers sell through this one, and at least another three months pass.  Maybe we'll see that at Toy Fair 2017, but probably not any time before that.  ROGUE ONE is going to be the focus now, and we're going to see some REBELS and other saga characters sprinkled in until we get to the whole EPISODE 8 cycle.

You realize your paragraph contradicts itself. If Rogue One is the focus AND Darth Vader is in it AND they want to sprinkle in REBELS since it's an active show, logically, omitting Kylo Ren makes sense.

I'm not prophetic but post this push of Wave 1 figures this coming Sept 30th, I forsee nothing but a sea of unsold Kylo Ren figures with a Kanan in Stormtrooper Armor being a close second. Sabine won't be packed 2-per-case so she'll be the one everyone grabs for and the four ROGUE ONE figures will sell easily.

Healthy or not, Kylo Ren appearing in every assortment eventually will turn into too much of a "good" thing.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 07:47 PM »
It's about the ratios of product.  Just look at the lineup for this wave along with the Star Wars Universe 2-packs.

3.75" Basic Figure Wave 1
-4 x ROGUE ONE figures
-2 x REBELS figures
-1 x TFA figure

3.75" Universe 2-pack Wave 1
-2 x ROGUE ONE 2-packs
-1 x TFA 2-pack

The line largely focuses on the new movie, but serves the current animated series along with a few select offerings from the most recent Saga film.  It's going to be a fine balancing act with a new movie every year.  But this sort of line might be what works.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 07:51 PM »
I'm sure there will come a point when Kylo isn't the new hot thing, but that won't be anytime soon. He's the new Boba Fett or Darth Maul. He moves and I doubt - could be wrong - he will be lingering anywhere from these assortments. I don't think we know everything yet on this new assortment. If these are the only figures in Wave 1, I'll be surprised. With the success of TFA, it wouldn't make sense for Hasbro to retreat on SKU's or assortments, but I'm not running their company. If that is all there is, then the case breakdown is most likely something like this:

Kylo (2)
Jyn (2)
K2-SO (2)
Stormtrooper (2)
Ground Crew (2)
Kanan (1)
Sabine (1)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 11:22 AM »
I think the case pack might be more like:

Jyn Erso (3)
Kylo Ren(2)
K-2SO (2)
Stormtrooper (2)
Imperial Ground Crew (1)
Kanan (1)
Sabine (1)

And no doubt, there are going to be revision mixes.  We've seen plenty of those.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:29 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 02:54 PM »
The case pack will actually be:
Jyn Erso (1)
Stormtrooper (1)
Kylo Ren(5)
Darth Vader (5)
K-2SO (chase figure, 1 per 10 cases)
Imperial Ground Crew (chase figure, 1 per 10 cases)
Kanan (chase figure, 1 per 20 cases)
Sabine (chase figure, 1 per 100 cases)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: September 2, 2016, 02:12 AM »
Way more interested, even at 5POA, in more of these launch figures than I was a year ago.  I'm gonna temper my buying but I could see picking up a few Ground Crew guys as I can get them.

For TFA I got some good prices on stuff at Dollar General, K-Mart, and such if I looked around.  Better than Wal-Mart or Target offered sale-wise, so I'll probably try to do similar this time.

I'm gonna buy that Stormtrooper just for the new rifle w/attachment...  I feel dirty for doing it, given how many vastly superior Stormtroopers I have, but I'm a sucker for a new blaster.  :-[
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 2, 2016, 01:25 PM »
Army builders are actually most of the 5POA figures I've purchased. Most of my stuff is on a shelf anyway, might as well buy 2 or 3 to replace the yellowing troopers and fill out the ranks. The Stormtrooper will be good for that too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 10:45 AM »
I found this wave yesterday at 2 different Kroger grocery stores.  ;D

Sabine and Kanan are indeed single-packed. Sabine was missing from the first store but I found her at the second, THANK GOD.

Seriously, I am relieved to have found these two, especially Sabine, as it's one less thing I have to worry about on Farce Friday.

They are both great figures BTW, at least as far as I can tell from inside the package. Great sculpts, crisp paint apps, Sabine in particular is just striking.

Happy. Now just need those 6" guys...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:46 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 12:28 PM »
If that is all there is, then the case breakdown is most likely something like this:

Kylo (2)
Jyn (2)
K2-SO (2)
Stormtrooper (2)
Ground Crew (2)
Kanan (1)
Sabine (1)

Wow, called it!

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2016/09/14/3-75-star-wars-universerogue-one-wave-1-breakdown/

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 02:14 PM »
They should have made Sabine two per case and K2-SO one per.  I just hope future revision cases continue to have Sabine in them or pack her two per so everyone can eventually find one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 07:09 PM »
Dunno if I agree with that...  I would've much rather seen Kylo go 1 per case as the repack.  I think K2SO could be a pretty popular character/figure from this movie though.  I'm thinking along the lines of HK47's popularity that seemed to transcend him being a character in a video game (albeit a popular one).

Either way I have to admit this is the first time 5POA figures have me kinda at least interested in owning a couple of them right out of the gate.  I'm not sure I'll pick up a lot yet, and I'm gonna look for sales anywhere I can.  I hope Dollar General gets in wave 1 like last year.  They've often got a $ amount off coupon on their app.

Sabine as a 1x on launch day does kinda blow though.  Kid-focused character supposedly...  Rebels is very off Hasbro's radar at times, in a weird way.  It's become like the opening act for the movie every year really, and Hasbro's out on the concourse getting beer with the rest of the crowd.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77