Author Topic: Black Series 6" Din Djarin (The Mandalorian) Deluxe Pack  (Read 2537 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series 6" Din Djarin (The Mandalorian) Deluxe Pack
« Reply #15 on: December 1, 2020, 11:17 AM »
I stayed up til 1:30am waiting for this to go live at Target.com so I could order one for In Store Pickup. I did the same thing the other night with the Remnant Stormtrooper and it worked great, so I was not anticipating any problems.

Both the stores near me were unavailable for pickup for some reason but I was able to find one across town which I ordered immediately. So I went to bed happy, but when I woke up I had a cancellation notice in my Inbox saying the item was no longer available.  ::)

Checked Popfindr and found 2 stores still showing stock. The first one had none out and when I tried to have someone look it up they couldn’t find them either. The second store had none out either but showed 3 in stock so I asked a red shirt for help and they couldn’t find one either, so I had them page the guy working in electronics which took forever because he was on break and finally he let them know he had one left stashed behind the desk, which I was able to purchase.  >:(

The whole thing took like a half an hour though, it was brutal. By the end I didn’t even feel happy to have it, all I could think about was what a pain in the ass this hobby has become. I really need to re-assess things at this point if this is going to be “the way” going forward...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 1, 2020, 11:31 AM »
Got mine easy with store pick up option.
To each their own on how they feel about the hobby. And I'm not saying things haven't changed over the 25 years since SW toys hit stores again, but I feel there's this made up era of collecting where people just went to retail store A or B and found all the toys they wanted whenever they had the time. I've always had to hunt everything.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 1, 2020, 12:05 PM »
I get where you're coming from on that front.  The landscape of collecting has definitely changed dramatically over the modern era of collecting. 

There are definitely positives - online stores, retail apps, inventory checkers, etc.  And merchandise pickup has made things more convenient.

Negatives?  Lower demand in the post Prequel / Clone Wars era has led to lower quantities of product.  There are also fewer brick & mortar retailer options (Numerous chains folded).  And the remaining retailers manage their inventory much more shrewdly.  Plus, there's now a collecting echo chamber on social media that has only served to focus some of the discontent.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 1, 2020, 02:24 PM »
I also was up until 1:30am and I was able to order two for delivery using my Target RedCard.

I also went to my local store that (was not offered as an option for pick-up) but did have them in stock and had them out when I got to the store at 8am.

If anyone was shut out on this, I still have the two orders that are supposed to be shipped to me next week, I would be happy to pass them for cost + shipping should anyone want them. Let me know...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 1, 2020, 05:06 PM »
If anyone was shut out on this, I still have the two orders that are supposed to be shipped to me next week, I would be happy to pass them for cost + shipping should anyone want them. Let me know...

I’ll take one.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2020, 06:35 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 2, 2020, 09:20 AM »

I’ll take one.

You got it! I'll DM you when the order arrives so we can work things out. If you find one in the interim, no big deal, I can just take it back to the store if no one else wants it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 03:49 PM »
Finally got my deluxe pack today after ordering it in the wee hours of the 1st.  Usually Target isn't this weird about shipping.  They must be taking a page out of EE's book on how to do shipping.  :P

The shipping actually wasn't that bad once it got rolling, but it took them 10+ days to get it out of their warehouse and in to the UPS/USPS system.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2021, 11:07 AM »
If you're still missing this figure, it is available once again at Target.com this morning - https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-black-series-din-djarin-the-mandalorian-and-the-child/-/A-80173140
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2021, 12:06 PM »
That was random! Got my order in though. We'll see if it actually arrives next week.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks