Author Topic: Target Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6" Exclusives  (Read 5026 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Exclusives Coming to Target?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 04:43 PM »
There are a lot of Super Targets in MN and only one "Disney Target"
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Target Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6" Exclusives
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 09:16 AM »
Yakface has posted links to pre-order the new Disney Galaxy's Edge / Star Wars items.

For 6" figs you get DJ R-3X and Captain Cardinal.   

I got them both.  I like the DJ figure (something new) but it really hurt to buy the Captain Cardinal figure.  I may eventually bring it back.  Looks like its nothing more than a Sith Trooper with a cape.  :'(

Thanks Jayson for the scoops as always.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 12:30 PM by Jeff »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Disney / Target Exclusives
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Already pre-sold out online, so considering the last few Target exclusives never made it to shelves here, I guess it's off to eBay.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6" Exclusives
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2020, 12:33 PM »
Just doing some housekeeping to post the full list of figures that have been rumored/uncovered so far for this line (for those like me who haven't been able to keep up on all this Target/Hasbro/Disney Galaxy Edge merchandising push/event :P).

Reminder these are officially due to hit on 8/30 (but already leaking early at some Target stores).  Info/DPCIs from our friend Jayson/Yakface:

Exclusive Black Series Figures – $24.99 each
087-16-2556  Captain Cardinal
087-16-2284  DJ R-3X
087-16-5390  Mountain Trooper
087-16-6969  Hondo Ohnaka
087-16-2229  Commander Pyre
087-16-9446  R5-P8
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 12:34 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2020, 11:12 PM »
So I see on Yakface per Jayson that Pyre isn't due until October. So based off of in store finds so far. I'm taking it that:
In Targets Sunday for sure:
Droid Depot and BS Hondo and BS Mountain Trooper
Probably/maybe in Target Sunday since my pre order is arriving Sunday:
Cardinal and DJ
Anyone know about?:
R5

I'll be the idiot going to multiple stores looking for a fig that isn't in stores for two more weeks
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 11:19 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2020, 01:50 AM »
Based on my recent Popfindr searches, it looks like we can expect DJ, Cardinal, Hondo and Mountain Trooper around here. Nothing showing for the other two, i expect those will come later.

What I’m wondering is where the heck to look for these things. I’ve yet to see a photo anywhere of what the new set up or section is supposed to look like. Is it adjacent to toys or will it vary store to store?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2020, 09:47 AM »
Thanks McMetal. I'm ASSUMING they'll be on one of those focal deals in the middle of the store. And guessing plenty of stores won't have it ready tomorrow morning. I think it's gonna be a headache. I'm glad I have Hondo plus Cardinal and DJ being delivered Mondayish.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 03:21 AM »
Got online at 2am and these were already sold out. Can’t wait to overpay for these on eBay /s

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2020, 06:48 AM »
I'm working this morning and checked the Target app around 5:30 ET.  All of the 6" Black Series exclusives were sold out.

Brickseek has some info about in some things being in stock nearby, but I won't be able to get to a store until the afternoon.  These exclusives are almost not worth the effort.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2020, 11:55 AM »
Fats my man, let me tell you my story.  :D

Woke up at 5am, checked online and saw everything was sold out, went back to sleep.

Got up at 8, checked Popfindr. Popfindr does not seem to work for some reason. Does not recognize the DPCI for Capt Cardinal, even though it worked fine last night at 1am. Checked the Captain Cardinal page at Target.com which I had bookmarked. Page not found/page error. I can already see how this is going to go.

Hit the first target by 8:30, nothing out at all. Second Target had everything on a roll out shelf and all that was left was 1 Hondo. Nothing out at all at the third Target.

By the time I hit the fourth Target I had decided to just have them pull one from the back for me if there weren’t any out. They were none of course, and when I asked at Customer Service they said they had none in the back either. They had six last night when I checked so that seemed sketchy as hell, but whatever.

Target #5 I was finally able to get them to pull one from the back for me. What an ordeal. I wish I would say I was surprised too but I figured none of the stores around here would be ready to roll those out on time.

Can’t wait to do this again in a few weeks with R5-P8!  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 12:00 PM »
I hit one target at opening and had to race a couple guys to the back.  One guy was trying to carry everything away but me and another guy managed to grab what we needed.  I got the 6” figures and the new droids.  That target was virtually sold out by 7:01   

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2020, 01:51 PM »
The only one of these I really want is Hondo, but looks like everything sold out instantly at our store as well. It has been amazing to watch between stuff like these, GI Joe Classified, MOTU Origins, or the NECA Turtle line...how difficult it is to be a collector these days. First world problem, obviously, but it is way more stressful than it should be.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 1, 2020, 01:04 AM »
Couldn't resist picking up the mountain trooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 2, 2020, 10:24 AM »
I opened all of these and for the most part they're all very good. 

Hondo is fantastic.  DJ is cool.  I like the kitbash Mountain Trooper, but really could have skipped Captain Cardinal (Sith Trooper with Cape).

One thing I wish they would have done for DJ is up the price by $5 and put a battery and sound chip in to have him play some of the cool tunes they've got him spinning at Oga's Cantina.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 7, 2020, 01:52 AM »
Found Star Tours Captain Rex at Target today. No sign of any of the others.