Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59835 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Razor Crest
« Reply #435 on: September 9, 2021, 12:04 PM »
And some hoping for a bit of a refund for the delivery date being pushed back.  Seriously? ::)

Good luck with that.  Sometimes things just take a little more time than planed.  I don't mind the delay.

Yeah, I know.  Maybe they are getting the final details done nicely so the final product looks perfect instead of rushed? Worth the wait.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #436 on: September 9, 2021, 12:49 PM »
Honestly, I don't see how this isn't because of the global shipping crisis.

We've been dealing with this all through COVID, and it's still an issue. I have no idea why Patrick made up the weird story about there being such a huge demand, though that probably does factor into the situation when you consider logistics and manufacturing during the pandemic. BanthaSkull wrote a pretty good piece about the shipping crisis that I think frames the issue pretty well for the manbabies that are crying about Hasbro ruining their Christmas (on Yakface's Instagram for example), and complaining that they're sick of hearing about COVID, as if the virus gives a **** about their toys, and as if people still dying were less important than making pew pew sounds for the holidays. We'll get our Razor Crests, but honestly, Hasbro's delays haven't been nearly as bad as smaller companies like NECA and Diamond Select, so we can count ourselves lucky there.

I agree that it's very likely part of the reason for the delay.  Trans-Pacific shipping is under tremendous strain at this time.  And delays in ports have led to dozens of container ships lying at anchor off the California coast as they wait to be unloaded.  But what fans really want to hear that kind of harsh reality from a company like Hasbro during a webcast?

Especially after we got the new TVC dick-tickle.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 9, 2021, 12:50 PM »
You usually have to pay extra for that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 9, 2021, 01:40 PM »
And I sure did today, at least with pre-orders. Hasbro's lucky we all have a problem with premature transaculation.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #439 on: September 9, 2021, 01:50 PM »
I think I dropped enough money in preorders today to instill a little enthusiasm in the Hasbro Star Wars team.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm a little miffed about the delay in the Razor Crest, but after 24 hours to think about it, I realized I ordered a Darksaber from Hasbro in December with an original ship date in May that's been pushed to either October (according to Hasbro Pulse) or November (according to Entertainment Earth).  I've also ordered items from Anovos.....there are people who have been waiting 5+ years after paying thousands of dollars for items that have yet to be fulfilled.

A couple more months is not that big a deal.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 9, 2021, 01:57 PM »
I think I dropped enough money in preorders today to instill a little enthusiasm in the Hasbro Star Wars team.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm a little miffed about the delay in the Razor Crest, but after 24 hours to think about it, I realized I ordered a Darksaber from Hasbro in December with an original ship date in May that's been pushed to either October (according to Hasbro Pulse) or November (according to Entertainment Earth).  I've also ordered items from Anovos.....there are people who have been waiting 5+ years after paying thousands of dollars for items that have yet to be fulfilled.

A couple more months is not that big a deal.

Yeah, disappointment is normal, the thing is pretty ******* awesome and we all want it. But having people freak out as if there isn't an actual problem in the world is getting annoying. I saw someone on Twitter or Instagram (can't remember) who was complaining that the only reason they bought it was to sell it so they're pissed. Personally, I think they can just jam the thing up where the sun doesn't shine.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 16, 2021, 09:15 AM »
Did everyone get the email update last night from HasLab?  Basically just stated what we heard on the live stream about an early 2022 shipping and vintage style box photos.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #442 on: September 16, 2021, 10:02 AM »
Yeah, I got the email too.  The shipping delay sucks but I guess it gives me more time to figure out where I'm going to put this thing when it gets here...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 16, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Yeah, I got the email too.  The shipping delay sucks but I guess it gives me more time to figure out where I'm going to put this thing when it gets here...

I'm surprised you are the first person to say this. I have plans on where to put the razor crest, but I'm still doing a major redesign of my space. November is soon.  :o
Macklunkey!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 16, 2021, 10:40 AM »
I also got an e-mail that the Black Series Dark Saber I ordered is delayed until December.  I pre-ordered that nearly a year ago.  ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 16, 2021, 10:43 AM »

That’s the real challenge after you start measuring the amount of time you’ve been collecting in decades.  I still haven’t opened my Sail Barge, let alone figured out where I might put it.

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 16, 2021, 10:45 AM »

That’s the real challenge after you start measuring the amount of time you’ve been collecting in decades.  I still haven’t opened my Sail Barge, let alone figured out where I might put it.

Whaaaaat??? Open that thing!  :o :o :o

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 16, 2021, 12:16 PM »

The jokes write themselves folks!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 29, 2021, 09:46 AM »
Jayson is saying that at least some of these have arrived in NYC and are starting to ship.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 29, 2021, 09:56 AM »
In NYC?  I'm wondering if those are for publicity / media reviews?  Because Litzky PR is based in the area, and they send out the swag boxes.

Feedback