Author Topic: 2021 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 21)  (Read 9753 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 21)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2021, 09:38 AM »
So what's up with this wave?  The reveals from Tuesday were great.  But the announcement of what EE is referring to as Wave 8 seems to have skipped over this wave.  And Kuiil has been slotted in that next wave, too.

I would have expected this wave to have been fully revealed and put up for pre-order before the Bo-Katan wave.  And the second ROTJ figure has been mysteriously held back.  Is that what's going to get revealed in the Livestream that's a few weeks away?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2021, 10:03 AM »
So what's up with this wave?

Yeah, so weird that they pre-ordered the wave after this one before even fully revealing this wave.  They did the same thing last summer too though when they pre-ordered figures out of order. 

Not sure what the hold up is for revealing the rumored Palpatine and putting this wave up for pre-order.  Maybe they've axed/delayed Palpatine or something that delayed things? 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2021, 10:08 AM »
Is there just one figure left to reveal in this wave?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2021, 10:18 AM »
Is there just one figure left to reveal in this wave?

According to Jayson's original intel yes, just ROTJ Palpatine left to reveal.

5010993866311/656058393  VC???  “Antarctica” – Lando Calrissian
5010993866328/319011512  VC???  “Huron” – IG-11
5010993866335/448164952  VC???  “Erie” – The Emperor
5010993866342/520021131  VC???  “Ontario” – Teebo

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 11:58 AM »
When is this wave expected to release?  Sometime in the fall correct?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 02:52 PM »
So the Palpatine is ROTJ?  Would have been nice to do a Rise of Skywalker version instead.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 04:53 PM »
So the Palpatine is ROTJ?  Would have been nice to do a Rise of Skywalker version instead.

Which would you prefer?  Sith Eternal or decrepit stuck to a giant mechanical arm version?  I think the latter would have to be a deluxe figure and Hasbro hasn't dome something like that in a while.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2021, 10:10 PM »

Blame the "finish the 96" initiative for getting us ROTJ Palps instead of TROS Palps.  :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2021, 12:22 AM »

Which would you prefer?  Sith Eternal or decrepit stuck to a giant mechanical arm version?  I think the latter would have to be a deluxe figure and Hasbro hasn't dome something like that in a while.

Both.  100% would buy both.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2021, 07:36 AM »
Palpatine is such a critical character in the entire saga - the arch villain behind EVERYTHING!  And it does seem like his character hasn't gotten the consideration he deserves in The Vintage Collection.  I think you could pick any of these three versions of Palpatine and collectors would be happy to get them:

-Chancellor Palpatine - ROTS Office duel
-Emporer Palpatine - ROTJ
-Palpatine clone - rejuvenated Sith Eternal - TROS

...but then they would also be asking about the version that they want the most!

I actually REALLY like the 5 POA version of Palpatine that came out in the TLJ packaging.  The likeness was excellent, and the texture on the robes was great.  But articulation?  It wasn't anywhere near TVC standards.  And I'm wondering how Hasbro might pull that off if there really is a TVC Emporer from ROTJ in the works.

I get Hasbro addressing the ROTJ version first.  The online fanbase for The Vintage Collection has gotten so vocal about finishing the original 96 that I think they need to give that a fair amount of attention.  But after that, I'm with you Rob - The Rise Of Skywalker really got the short end of the stick with figures.  All of the Hasbro TVC offerings for TROS were in danger of being outnumbered by the number of TROS droids that were in that Disney Parks 4-pack!

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2021, 11:31 AM »

Blame the "finish the 96" initiative for getting us ROTJ Palps instead of TROS Palps.  :P

I do!  I also secretly worry that the fact that Hasbro is rushing to finish the original 96 is an indication that the line is in trouble.  Maybe it just means moving away from TVC soon…
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 11:32 AM by Rob »

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2021, 01:10 PM »
I also secretly worry that the fact that Hasbro is rushing to finish the original 96 is an indication that the line is in trouble.  Maybe it just means moving away from TVC soon…

I can see that. Complete the 96 then shift to packaging with less plastic as part of their goal to reduce overall use.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2021, 02:04 PM »

I do!  I also secretly worry that the fact that Hasbro is rushing to finish the original 96 is an indication that the line is in trouble.  Maybe it just means moving away from TVC soon…

That might not be the worst idea imaginable.

The Vintage Collection is an expensive line to produce.  And prices have been creeping up.  The current TVC figures feature as many as 16 to 18 joints.  That makes the manufacturing process that much more expensive.

I like the current paint apps on TVC and Black Series figures.  But if we went back to character appropriate articulation, where the most articulated figures might have 8 - 11 POA, and less action oriented characters are on the lower end of that scale - that might mean a return to a higher volume of figures being able to ship to retail.

I wonder if the kind of packaging being used for the low end 5.5" figures could be something like what we could see for the 3.75" figures moving forward?  It would definitely be a big departure from the current TVC line look if Hasbro is truly looking at reducing their use of plastic in packaging.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2021, 02:23 PM »

I see at is a double-edged sword where they could kill 3.75" entirely once they get the 96 done, or they could finally get the freedom to do something different.

I'm a little worried with the current crew that even if they had the ability to do something different with 3.75" they wouldn't do anything creative or sensible.  They'd probably just dig out some 15 year old 5POA molds and repaint them.

I would love it if they were given the license to choose different POA per figure to make the line more cost effective and allow them to do more new characters.  I just want new characters/figures with great paint apps and don't really care if its anywhere 5+ POA. 

A repainted Emperor does nothing for me so I'll pass, but I'm also not trying to collect the 96 figures carded.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2021, 03:58 PM »
Honestly, I don't care what package they use. They could sell me an excellent SW action figure in a dirty diaper and I'd buy it. I'm even down with reducing articulation for figures that don't need it. Like Max Rebo will never need to do the Iron Man pose. But I definitely want them to continue the line, and I really do think main characters like Luke Skywalker should be able to get into dynamic poses.

But overall I feel like the clearance crowd on vehicles is a nail in the coffin.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram