Author Topic: 2021 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 21)  (Read 9751 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 21)
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2021, 09:54 AM »
You’d think that’s coming… cutting off the bandolier and repainting him would probably get them very close.  Are there any other real differences?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2021, 10:11 AM »
You’d think that’s coming… cutting off the bandolier and repainting him would probably get them very close.  Are there any other real differences?

I think the proportions are a little different on the arms. IG-88 has very short forearms (which make him look pretty eerie), where IG-11's are longer with a shorter upper arm. Here's a good http://side-by-side comparison shot.

Vintage Collection IG-88 is still one of my favorite figures, even with his wider stance, but a rework to upgrade him a bit would just blow my ******* mind.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 10:15 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: November 5, 2021, 03:40 PM »
My Amazon orders for Lando, IG-11, and Teebo all updated from February 3rd delivery dates to mid-November delivery dates.  I guess I can finally stop looking for them at Target in vain.   Hope my Palpatine pre-order joins them soon.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 5, 2021, 03:46 PM »
My Amazon orders for Lando, IG-11, and Teebo all updated from February 3rd delivery dates to mid-November delivery dates.  I guess I can finally stop looking for them at Target in vain.   Hope my Palpatine pre-order joins them soon.

Mine too.

I saw that the 4-pack of Bad Batch Clone Troopers are starting to hit as well.  I hope they put this back up for order as I missed it the first time around.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: November 5, 2021, 03:49 PM »
All are great figures, glad I picked up a case of these from EE!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 6, 2021, 09:30 AM »

Same here. I'm hoping Bib Fortuna and Lobot join the party soon.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2021, 09:26 AM »

Got my shipping notices for all four figures last night - Lando, IG-11, and Teebo should be here today, VC200 Palpatine tomorrow!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2021, 12:12 PM »
I found two Landos from this wave on the pegs at my local mini-Target the other day, both with crushed bubbles and creased cards. But it was the first time I had even seen a single VTC figure on the pegs at a Target in about 1.5 years (since all the Snokes and Jyn Erso's finally disappeared), so it was pretty exciting.
"This is the way."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2021, 02:50 PM »
I found two Landos from this wave on the pegs at my local mini-Target the other day, both with crushed bubbles and creased cards. But it was the first time I had even seen a single VTC figure on the pegs at a Target in about 1.5 years (since all the Snokes and Jyn Erso's finally disappeared), so it was pretty exciting.

That Lando is just straight-up perfect.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: December 8, 2021, 01:23 PM »
IG-11 under $10 on Amazon right now -> https://amzn.to/31Hcoi6  #ad #sponsored

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: December 8, 2021, 03:51 PM »
IG-11 under $10 on Amazon right now -> https://amzn.to/31Hcoi6  #ad #sponsored

Sure why not. I'll take another.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 8, 2021, 05:43 PM »
Tempting, but since he's a unique character I think just one will probably do for me.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2021, 07:15 PM »

That Lando is just straight-up perfect.

I agree, it is easily the best Lando to date and really is just perfect. I currently have 3. One carded for my min Lando focus, and two loose. I was planning on using my extra loose one to do some custom head swaps with other Landos figures (specifically the VTC General Lando that now looks nothing like Billy D in comparison.) I might even get 1-2 more eventually for some other swaps / customs or additional diorama displays.

Within the last month, most of the stores around me seem to have gotten this wave in. However the ONLY figure I have seen from it has been Lando. Each store I've been to has had 2-3 Landos sitting on the pegs for the last month. 90% of the bubbles and cards have been absolutely crushed, which probably doesn't help them sell.

Given that we have had empty pegs for so long it is hard to imagine... but is this Lando destined to become a peg warmer?! It's early still and it is hard to imagine given how great the figure is, and the fact that he is a major character, but I feel like we might be seeing a lot of Lando for awhile. That x3 per case ratio is just a killer.
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2021, 09:00 AM »
In Chicago we have these half-sized Targets that are more like a huge Walgreens... they only have half of an aisle for toys, but it's the only place in walking distance to my house that carries the stuff.  I pop in from time to time and maybe four times total I’ve seen figures.  They had the whole wave there today at lunch.  I bought them all and canceled my Amazon order.  I can't remember the last time I found a whole wave of stuff in stores before it shipped to me.

You bought figures in a retail store!?  What???  Did you also stop at Kay Bee Toys and listen to Pearl Jam on the way?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2021, 10:31 AM »
You bought figures in a retail store!?  What???  Did you also stop at Kay Bee Toys and listen to Pearl Jam on the way?

It's been insane.  I found the whole IG-11 wave, and have bought pairs of Jawas 2 or 3 different times.  I don't know how to handle it.