Author Topic: TVC Gaming Greats Line  (Read 13055 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TVC Gaming Greats Line
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2021, 01:06 PM »
Same here.  Thanks again Jeff!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2021, 01:08 PM »
Got them all.

BBTS was $4 shipping.  Gamestop was $3 for a Black Series figure.

Entertainment Earth is a little over $10.  Man I hate that place and its shipping.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2021, 01:20 PM »
I skipped the Black Series figure.

A friend of mine is placing both of our BBTS orders.  I ordered the Umbra Op ARC and the Lambent Seeker via EE.  We're going to split the shipping expenses so that it's a little less painful.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2021, 01:46 PM »
Like, sprinkle in Cal Kestis or something…

I've covered this before in other threads, but the current Hasbro team's "what can we do with the parts we have to pretend we're world building" thinking is really getting stale.

It's dumb to have Battlefront II troopers without Iden Versio.  It's dumb to have JFO Purge Tooper and Shock Scouts without Cal Kestis.  It's dumb to have Sith Trooper and Sith Jetpack Trooper without TROS Palpatine.  But Hasbro just goes, "Meh - troopers repaints sell" and here we are.

THIS!

I think a lot of people who follow The Vintage Collection closely understand some of the elements at work with reusing sculpts from existing figures.  But at some point you have to throw in the odd NEW character / sculpt in order to lend some legitimacy to the Gaming Greats sub-line.  Hasbro has to start factoring in at least ONE new sculpt in each of these Gaming Greats waves.  At least so that it doesn't look so blatantly obvious that they're just repainting an old sculpt and calling it something else.

I got into three different “fights” with people on Reddit (and downvoted to oblivion) for expressing this same opinion. Their arguments basically boiled down to “shut up and buy the repaints then get excited to buy the next round of repaints” line that the Disney super fans love to spout off. Sorry for having standards I guess.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2021, 02:07 PM »
Not a fan of the "Shut up and like it" mentality.  Understanding the rationale behind Hasbro's decision making process is one thing.  But when they make bone-headed decisions, like not including the main character of a video game in an action figure sub-line, they need to expect some criticism.

-------

Separate issue:  The BBTS website was NOT up to the challenge of handling all of this traffic today.  The friend I was ordering with had major problems with the BBTS, and when he let me know about it, I tried too.  The site must have been slammed!  My cart got emptied a few times before I could finally place the order.  I got an order confirmation number and saw the order listed in my account.  Confirmation emails?  Not yet.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2021, 02:11 PM »
Entertainment Earth is a little over $10.  Man I hate that place and its shipping.

Yeah, the price keeps going up and the service quality keeps decreasing.  :-\

Separate issue:  The BBTS website was NOT up to the challenge of handling all of this traffic today.

Yeah, my check-out at BBTS was really slow. Slow to open the link, slow to add to cart, slow to check-out.  I can see the order listed in my account but I have not gotten an email confirmation yet either.

Being able to get two of them at EE helped a little, and one was only $13.99... I was expecting $15.99 per?

Looks like they fixed that oopsie as that one is now showing the $15.99 price too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 02:15 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2021, 02:22 PM »
My EE order still has the Lambent Seeker for $13.99.  I wonder if an email about a price adjustment is going to be headed my way?

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2021, 02:23 PM »
It’d be pretty crummy if they price adjusted in that direction. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Separate issue:  The BBTS website was NOT up to the challenge of handling all of this traffic today.

Yeah, my check-out at BBTS was really slow. Slow to open the link, slow to add to cart, slow to check-out.  I can see the order listed in my account but I have not gotten an email confirmation yet either.

Just got my order confirmation email from BBTS for the ARC Trooper.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2021, 02:33 PM »
BBTS pricing for the Battlefront II ARC Trooper and the Lambent Seeker bumped up to $16.99. I'm guessing EE and BBTS instituted something akin to demand pricing.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2021, 02:35 PM »

Yeah, the price keeps going up and the service quality keeps decreasing.  :-\

I added the two on EE to my cart along with a Bo Katan and two in stock battle droids to try and qualify for the "Free" super-saver shipping.

Super-saver knocked off all of $1.82. And the Fed-ex options START at $40. That absolutely ridiculous.  :o ::)

These are still sitting in my cart...
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: April 6, 2022, 11:11 AM »
Today's TVC Gaming Greats reveals:

Fan Channel exclusive; Pre-Order 4/7 at 1pm ET:
- Shae Visla (new head w/photo-real deco)
- Lando Calrissian (new Battlefront II - Tropical Deco)
« Last Edit: April 6, 2022, 11:14 AM by Jeff »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 6, 2022, 11:17 AM »
Hooray.  :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 6, 2022, 12:48 PM »
This Lando gives me some hope for more TVC figures from SOLO, since this is Lando’s outfit from the sabbac game on Numidian Prime at the end of the movie. 

Shae Vizsla is definitely welcome.  This is yet another one of the most expensive TVC 1.0 figures on the secondary market that Hasbro is revisiting.  I’ve got one of the originals loose, but kicked myself for not getting another one to keep carded.  This release solves that, to a degree.  But I’m also wondering how many people are beside themselves because these reissue figures no doubt impact the secondary market prices.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #104 on: April 6, 2022, 01:02 PM »
I'm excited for the Shae Visla...the Lando is nice, but would rather he be a Solo release and give me some hope for a TVC Rio, Val, L3 and Beckett.
This is the way.

I have spoken.