Author Topic: 2021 HasLab - Black Series Rancor  (Read 14464 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 HasLab Black Series Rancor
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2021, 04:14 PM »
I’m passing this time. I backed the precious two but just dont know what I would do with something this big.  If I’m going to drop this much cash on something this big I would probably my pick a premium statue or something.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2021, 05:08 PM »
I'm going to back, but I'm going to hold off for a few weeks. Gotta plan where the hell I'm going to put this... and how to keep it hidden from the girlfriend. :-X
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2021, 06:09 PM »
The Rancor passed 3k backers already.  I'm holding out to see the incentives.  Curious to know how those work.  I'm sure they've come up with them in advance, but do they lower the targets if they're getting less orders than forecasted?  Or is the target even higher to force people to order multiples?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2021, 08:31 PM »
I don’t know what to do here really. I’ve basically been all in on OT Black Series stuff, but I just have no idea where I’d put this. Plus that’s a big chunk of money to drop right before Christmas. I’m sure it will look amazing though. I’m having the same debate with myself over the Haslab Skystriker. I know I probably shouldn’t, but it is tough to resist. That is the main reason I passed on the Sentinel and Galactus from Legends. I’m basically all in on that line, but I just don’t have the space for all these big items, and I’ve already gone in on the barge and Razor Crest.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2021, 11:37 PM »
I’m having the same debate with myself over the Haslab Skystriker. I know I probably shouldn’t, but it is tough to resist.

I am not backing the Rancor, but I am 50/50 on backing the Skystriker and I don''t even collect Joe stuff seriously.  I can make room for my all-time favorite 3.75" Joe plane though more easily than the giant 6" scale Rancor.

Does anyone else think it's kind of odd that Hasbro is running these at the same time?  An "army builder" vehicle like the Skystriker, at $100 cheaper than the Rancor, at about the same goal totals?  And then the fact that they revealed the unlocks for GI Joe but are keeping the SW Rancor unlocks a big secret for some reason?  Seems kind of an odd choice.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 07:13 AM »
It will only get more crowded and confusing when they reveal the third HasLab in a week on Wednesday. They must be banking on different nonoverlapping fandoms to push all these projects through.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 09:17 AM »
They must be banking on different nonoverlapping fandoms to push all these projects through.

Have we heard there are different demographics between 3.75" and 6", where 6" skews much younger?  The Rancor is an OT creature but in a new format.

Does GI Joe skew older as well?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2021, 11:22 AM »
I’m having the same debate with myself over the Haslab Skystriker. I know I probably shouldn’t, but it is tough to resist.

I am not backing the Rancor, but I am 50/50 on backing the Skystriker and I don''t even collect Joe stuff seriously.  I can make room for my all-time favorite 3.75" Joe plane though more easily than the giant 6" scale Rancor.

Does anyone else think it's kind of odd that Hasbro is running these at the same time?  An "army builder" vehicle like the Skystriker, at $100 cheaper than the Rancor, at about the same goal totals?  And then the fact that they revealed the unlocks for GI Joe but are keeping the SW Rancor unlocks a big secret for some reason?  Seems kind of an odd choice.

I don't know why Hasbro hides any of the unlocks for Haslab projects.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2021, 12:37 PM »
I'm biding my time before backing.  I'll probably do it, but I agree - I would like to see the stretch goals.  It's actually a good motivating factor.  You would have to expect that one of the goals will be a Malakili figure.  Beyond that?  Maybe Oola or Giran.  I'm also trying to remember if any of the previously released Black Series Luke's had the bone he used while fighting the Rancor.

Interestingly enough on the Haslab front, Hasbro already announced what the stretch goals are on the G.I. Joe Skystriker.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2021, 01:57 PM »
I'm also trying to remember if any of the previously released Black Series Luke's had the bone he used while fighting the Rancor.

Interestingly enough on the Haslab front, Hasbro already announced what the stretch goals are on the G.I. Joe Skystriker.

Yeah... I mean, can't Hasbro just throw us a bone?   ;)  :-*
I'll see myself out now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2021, 05:30 PM »
I don't know why Hasbro hides any of the unlocks for Haslab projects.

Control freaks.  They're ridiculous about making sure they are the ones to release the news when where and how they want it released.  I'm with you - I'd rather see it all up front.  If I know there is a stretch goal I want, I might be talking friends into it, budgeting to afford it, or even just rolling the idea around in my head longer to convince myself its worth it.  Instead, they keep it all hidden for a later surprise!  The only advantage is spreading out the news/buzz to keep it top of mind, but I'd be surprised to find that you gain a lot more sales that way than with just showing all your cards right away.  Heck, I'm sure some people would buy multiples if this was the only way to get a 6" Oola and Rancor Keeper or other exclusive items.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: November 2, 2021, 01:25 PM »
Hasbro just announced a "Fan First Friday" for Star Wars on 11/5 (11am ET) to "talk all things HasLab" so maybe they heard the complaints and will reveal at least the first two unlock tiers finally?

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 3, 2021, 04:57 PM »
I don't buy TBS, but I'm considering backing this for use as a TVC item. It's not grossly out of proportion. If anything it's maybe 4-5 inches too tall for TVC but I could manage to see it as a bigger than average Rancor.
Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: November 5, 2021, 11:20 AM »
Fan First Friday reveals....

- A look at the very first "work-in-progress" hardcopy/model
- Announced Unlock #1 - 6" Gamorrean Guard on POTF card w/appropriately scaled-coin
« Last Edit: November 5, 2021, 11:25 AM by Jeff »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 5, 2021, 11:32 AM »
Fan First Friday reveals....

- A look at the very first "work-in-progress" hardcopy/model
- Announced Unlock #1 - 6" Gamorrean Guard on POTF card w/appropriately scaled-coin

Wow.  A repack on a new card with a coin.   They're really going all out to pull us in.   ::)