Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 211258 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #705 on: August 26, 2019, 08:32 AM »
So does a somewhat embarrassing fail for Cookie Monster mean anything for future Star Wars Haslab releases?.......
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 26, 2019, 09:13 AM »
Schaudenfreude...

:-[
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #707 on: August 26, 2019, 10:16 AM »
So does a somewhat embarrassing fail for Cookie Monster mean anything for future Star Wars Haslab releases?.......

I doubt it.  The Jabba's sail barge did very well.  If anything this should have Hasbro focusing more on Star Wars.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 26, 2019, 11:19 AM »

I doubt it.  The Jabba's sail barge did very well.  If anything this should have Hasbro focusing more on Star Wars.

That's what I was thinking/hoping
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 26, 2019, 11:31 AM »

A year ago I thought Hasbro was rediscovering Star Wars and leaning into it pretty hard.  Now it looks like they're getting ready to let it fade away...

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 26, 2019, 11:53 AM »

I just hope Star Wars doesn't get the product manager that pitched Cookie Monster internally at Hasbro.  They clearly had no sense of what the market wanted.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 26, 2019, 12:19 PM »

A year ago I thought Hasbro was rediscovering Star Wars and leaning into it pretty hard.  Now it looks like they're getting ready to let it fade away...

I feel like that this has a lot to do with Steve Evans being brand manager, then not.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 26, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Steve is a professionally savvy, career minded chap...he's got a wife and kids to feed, and not just until the SW license expires!  ;) :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 26, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Why have Unicron's numbers gone down?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 26, 2019, 06:31 PM »
Cancelations?   Deleting duplicate or illegitimate orders?

If I remember right, this happened during the barge too.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 26, 2019, 07:34 PM »
It was down to 1500 but now it's over 4000 again

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 26, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Oh, well that's obviously not what I was thinking... weird.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #717 on: August 27, 2019, 01:49 AM »
I don’t think it’ll really have a major impact.  Hasbro conferred with the community they targeted that CM at and those people clearly didn’t put their $ where their mouths were since I guess people seemed on board then never showed up.  That’s fine and Hasbro has to look outside Star Wars nerds for $, I just am not sure the communities are that strong.

Hell, Unicron is lagging and that’s a strong community internationally but in the US?  Eh, maybe not so strong.  I wonder where a GIJoe item would land, or Unicron had it not been so expensive (it’s a lot more than the barge numbers isn’t it?).

How many big things will Star Wars fans back too?  The barge got by but I already have seen a lot of people saying they wouldn’t again because they feel Hasbro cheated them by not giving them absolute pristine boxes, or whatever.  And I’ve seen loads of those people not just a handful here and there. 

I’m not sure I’d back another too.  I’d have to really care about what it is because honestly this barge is ok but I’m not that into it haha.  I was happier with the tank honestly. Or the new skiff. 😕
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 27, 2019, 11:48 AM »
Personally I think their aiming too big with the choices for Haslab. 

Do a Yoda’s hut, or a Hoth Rebel Transport, or an Imperial Dignitaries 5-pack, or Vader on a funeral pyre... or the Tonnika Sisters... there are tons of affordable but somewhat pricey,  smaller and mid-sized things they could do that collectors want but probably wouldn’t do well in stores.  Not every project needs to be $500 or $700 and enormous. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 11:48 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 27, 2019, 12:38 PM »
I'm curious as to the financial impact of Haslab projects failing. I'd assume that the loss is factored into the decision to create a prototype and promotion for the campaign.

But, I don't think that this failure, or potentially the other, will effect the Haslab project overall. As long as Star Wars projects succeed, there's incentive to keep up with them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."