Collectibles > Shadows of the Dark Side

Jabba's Throne w/Oola

<< < (2/74) > >>

JACKOFTRADZE:
I believe they were referring to stuff like the Jawa, Fan, Pillow, spit, Oola lower sitting body etc.
Hasbro has already proved they can deliver a Jabba & a SA figure for $20-$25 in a Battle pack. When they refer to "expensive" I honestly feel it's a safe bet the dias is counted in that comment. The dias with all the details is probably $20 on it's own.

Brian:
It is hard to read from that answer, but I sure hope that we're getting a dais as well.  I mean, I have my vintage one, but an upgrade sure would be spiffy - and I think a lot of people would be ready to buy even if it was a bit pricier (within limits).

EpicGon:
Hum perhaps it would be a super articulated Jabba, with a detailed paintjob with shades of green yellow, and a chain like the vintage set to pull Oola or Leia. I wonder if the trhone would have wheels for the motion it had on the movie.

Muftak:
Great to get more info on this item, even if we need some clarification.

This is an item I have been waiting patiently to get more details on. I have the '99 Jabba Glob version but skimped out on the '04 revamp of that mold. Jabba's Palace is the only shelf display I haven't made yet, waiting for the good Jabba Hasbro has been talking about getting out there for what must be years now.

As for the dais, I really hope they are including it (as I said, I need that piece for my shelf and either I have to scratch build one or make the rest of the shelf around the dimensions Hasbro settles upon) but if this is now for sure a standard battle pack I find it unlikely. The Clone Wars Jabba was an all-new sculpt with a completely rehashed figure and a completely rehashed accessory. For sure we are getting a brand-new Jabba and a brand-new figure (unless they can somehow rehash parts from the Slave Leia?) I don't see how they could put in a dais that is anything substantial...maybe it will wind up being a flimsy piece of packaging plastic a la the Lars Homestead base or Sarlaac Pit extension? That would stink, but I'd take it over nothing at all.

I thought they had talked about putting out a Jabba with Dais pack as an exclusive if they found the right place for it...my gut says if this is a standard Battle Pack then the dais has been costed out of the equation.

Rob:

--- Quote from: Brian on April  8, 2010, 08:52 PM ---I mean, I have my vintage one, but an upgrade sure would be spiffy - and I think a lot of people would be ready to buy even if it was a bit pricier (within limits).

--- End quote ---

I consider Jabba and his dias to be the most overlooked character / piece / set of the last 15 years.  

They need to do it justice, and I'd pay handsomely if they get it right.  I mean, let's take a quick walk down memory lane...

If there's one big, major, important character that needs to be done right, this is it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version