Author Topic: CW Mandalorian Troop Shuttle  (Read 69949 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: CW Mandalorian Troop Shuttle
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2012, 02:15 PM »
Has anyone heard from TRU that their Anakin's Jedi Starfighter/Mandalorian Assault Transport 2-pack shipped?  I ordered a figure in addition to the bonus packs and received notice that he shipped today, but no notice on the Shuttle.  Hrmmmn.

Mine did - and of course, Murphy's Law was in full effect - I saw the same 2-pack at my Toys R Us today as well.

So now I have two to open AND two Anakin JSFs to donate to Toys for Tots.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40 PM »
Received my 2-pack from TRU.com today. Glad that it got here okay, but still a bit annoyed that I never got any kind of an email confirmation or shipping notice. I can't recall the last time I ordered something from TRU online, but this definitely cause for concern.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Has anyone been able to successfully liberate their minty boxes from that infernal sticky tape?

I had to give up and admit defeat, though I wonder if heating the tape up with a hair dryer might have worked.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2012, 03:50 PM »
Has anyone been able to successfully liberate their minty boxes from that infernal sticky tape?

I had to give up and admit defeat, though I wonder if heating the tape up with a hair dryer might have worked.

I feel like the hair dryer might melt the tape and/or burn the cardboard. It might be worth a try though, since the tape they use (seems like packing/shipping tape) will probably ruin the box anyway.

I have two more Mando Transports scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, so that will bring me up to three for my loose collection and complete my Clone Wars Mando army.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2012, 03:59 PM »
TRU can be hit or miss on shipping confirmations - and packing materials for that matter.

Regarding the tape - you could always open the JSF and hack the box mostly away to get closer to the glue/tape mess. Goo-gone could probably help too if you can get in close enough.  I don't remember that stuff ever discoloring any of the packaging I've used it on.

I still need to get out and look for one of these.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Got my shipping notice today.  Will be interesting to see how stuck Together these really are.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 07:05 PM »
They're VERY stuck together.  They used a pretty good packing tape...  I'd say a hair dryer would work as it's generally not hot enough to harm anything unless you have it up against the cardboard itself.  I wouldn't use a heatgun obviously, but a hair dryer MIGHT work.  I'm not freaked on the packaging since I don't care, but if you wanna save it, more power to you.

iFett's idea of goo gone might work too, especially if you can just get under it enough to spray some in and gently and meticulously work the tape backwards.  It, in general, won't harm cardboard.  You might have to let it dry, but it usually doesn't hurt cardboard.

I was looking my shuttle over...  It's a neat ship, but not for what it ultimately was intended to be.  It's cooler as a small fighter than a shuttle...  The cockpit is pretty cramped and the ship's size is kind of unrealistic IMO, but as a little Mando fighter I think it has some hope so I'm going with that I think.  I like that the wings fold up so you can see the engines.  The Hasbro guys seem to like looking at fictional engines these days, between this, the Snowspeeder, the Cloud Car, and the Speederbike.  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2012, 11:00 AM »
Local TRU got another case of the Value Packs and, once again, no Mando Transport.  Ugh.   :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2012, 04:10 PM »
I got my Mando Shuttles/Star Fighters in the mail from TRU today.  Hooray!  Nice to see them minty and undamaged despite being crazy-taped together.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2012, 05:44 PM »
It would be nice if they reissued the Mandalorian figure and the battle pack, but that would require some brains on Hasbro's part.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Mine was delivered today. The box it shipped in was at least 5 times the size of the package. My wife thought I bought the whole store out when she found the box on the porch.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2012, 10:15 PM »
I went ahead and picked up another one tonight, mainly because I wanted one at the half off sale on Black Friday and wasn't sure they would have any left by then. I figure there is no rule against returning it and re-buying it at the discounted price next Friday. At least this way I'm assured of having one and not having to fight the teeming masses.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2012, 11:00 PM »
good luck.  most of the time retail stores will not do any returns during Black Friday - they are focused on putting product out the door and fixing problems at customer service.  Not only that but, if you even do get to return it, they might pull some crap like "sorry, we will not be putting this item out back on the floor so every customer has the chance to get it".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:00 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2012, 11:34 PM »
good luck.  most of the time retail stores will not do any returns during Black Friday - they are focused on putting product out the door and fixing problems at customer service.  Not only that but, if you even do get to return it, they might pull some crap like "sorry, we will not be putting this item out back on the floor so every customer has the chance to get it".

Or you could just buy one on sale if you see it, then return the full price one another time. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2012, 08:56 AM »
Yeah, I'm not too worried about it really. The whole genesis of the idea was based on a comment over at the GH forum where one of the mods suggested buying the thing now and getting a price adjustment on BF. That seems like an even more remote possibility though. I think I'd have better odds bringing it back and saying i want to re-purchase on a different card and having them re-ring the thing up again. They'd probably just balk at adjusting the price just off the receipt.

I'm planning on being there at 9pm when they open up on Thanksgiving anyway, so we'll see.