Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 193080 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Picked up this week:
- 2012 X-Wing
- 2012 Advent Calendar
- 2013 Rancor Pit

Where did you snag the Advent Calendar?

At my local Toys R Us, they still had one sitting around and I had been sent a 20% coupon and I think they had marked it down to $24.99 (unless that was the original price)

Cute set, will definitely think twice before I buy another one at full price. Would be cool if after you're all done, there was a way to take all those pieces and make a mini-ship of the caliber of the planet/ship/mini-fig sets.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:06 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2013, 10:37 AM »
Took advantage of free shipping on LEGO's website and snagged the new X-Wing and A-Wing, finishing 2012 for me. Also got the free Mini Republic Cruiser they're giving away with $50+ purchases.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Picked up in the past three weeks:

Battle of Hoth (75014)
A-Wing (On sale at Amazon for $20!)
Rancor Pit

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Anyone know what the going rate of the "Gold" C3po is?
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Anyone know what the going rate of the "Gold" C3po is?

Yes, I will give you $10 for him.   8)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Over the last couple of days...

Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas
TIE Fighter (Mini in bag)
Star Destroyer (Mini in bag)
Z95 Headhunter (Mini in bag)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Took advantage of the Target sale this week and got a second Battle of Endor army builder set as well as the Old Republic Sith Troops vs. Republic Troops set. Saved a whopping $1.20 total. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2013, 12:43 AM »
Now you can afford that heart surgery you needed.  :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2013, 10:38 AM »
Took advantage of some sales both at TRU.com and Walmart.com...

2010 Luke's Landspeeder
2012 Jabba's Palace
2011 Geonosian Starfighter
2011 Ewok Attack
2012 Anakin's Podracer (mini in bag)

If anyone is still looking for Jabba's Palace, WalMart.com has it for $95 - not as good as others found it on in-store clearance of $80, but still much better than the $150 price tag at TRU or $120 price tag at Target. Got it shipped site-to-store so shipping was free.
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2013, 12:02 PM »
Picked up the Umbaran Heavy Mobile Canon last night - nice set.
Peter

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2013, 10:11 PM »
Finally bit the bullet on a Death Star thanks to lots of Amazon Rewards points...I'm pretty much caught up with all the sets I want outside a few of the older Hoth ones

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 1, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Finished a project at work and was given an AMEX gift card as a reward - so I finally pulled the trigger and bought the 2011 Millennium Falcon set. Glad to have the iconic vehicle of the OT in Lego form finally...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 3, 2013, 12:53 AM »
The 2013 Battle of Hoth Set is currently listed for $49.99 on the Toys R Us website - and they will match that price in-store if you ask. I had $10 is Rewards Bucks - so that brought the set to $39.99 + tax which is a tad bit more reasonable for this set, still a bit high, but it is what it is.

Goes great with the Echo Base set from 2011, also cool that there were spare Hoth Rebel & Imperial Snow Troopers in the 2012 Advent Calendar since they give more places to put troopers in this set than they do troopers.

For the 2013 sets released so far, all I have left to pick up is the Barc Speeder w/Sidecar. Having trouble finding it actually, gonna try a WalMart I don't hit very often sometime this week, hopefully I'll be able to cross that one off my list.

After that, at some point, I'm gonna score the Malevolence - does anyone else have that set? Is it worth getting, it looks big, but it's grossly out of scale with the mini-figs.  All I need to finish the mass-release 2012 sets is that set and the Gungan Sub. The sub is gonna be a really tough sell for me since I have the 1999 version and while they are different, it's not like it's an X-Wing or a TIE Fighter or even a different Jedi's Starfighter in a totally new color-scheme, it's a vehicle that was in one movie for a 10 minute (at most) sequence. Makes you wonder why the Lego folks even took a 2nd stab at it.
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2013, 03:08 PM »
So I built my own Cloud City this month... here's the results:

Just dug mine out of storage and yours looks identical... other than the lighter gray, but then again I can barely tell unless I'm looking at both side by side. Good job! And please update if you do close that wall like you were talking about.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2013, 06:19 PM »
Not sure when I'll get to the wall.  I did finish getting all the Mini-figues for it.  I bought customs of Lando, Luke, and Fett - but you can't tell from three feet away so why not save the $300 it would have cost to get real ones?  I'll snap a few more pictures with them in there before I box it up for now.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:19 PM by Rob »