Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416831 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2160 on: October 24, 2006, 02:10 PM »

Changing topics slightly, does a Psylocke variant even exist, outside of toyfare pictures?  I checked ebay and sure, some are being sold, but they are pre-sales with no pictures.  Same for already sold items, doesn't seem to exist.  I can find the Zemo and Falcon variants for sale, but not the others.  Curious.  

Supposedly she's coming and it will be a variant in future cases, along with a silver shirt Power-man.  I don't think she's been found yet.

Mikey,
I can probably lift off the spares you get in your box if you want. You didn't mention the wasp variations so if you're disinclined, I'd take those. I guess one of each, so I can BAF ::) if you have them to spare. If not, no worries. I might try and track down a case on my own. Where'd you order from?

Big Bad Toy Store.  Someone at fwooshnet.com posted a case they found and it was 2 Beta Ray Bills and the rest were single packs and variants (forget the exact breakdown).  I'm hoping that's what I get.  If I have extras, you're more than welcome to them.  I don't know what I'm doing with Wasp yet.  Technically, I really only need one.  I just don't know which one yet.  I guess I'll figure that out once I get my case.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2161 on: October 24, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Hmm.  I may have to order my own case.  Interesting case to get.  2 Beta Ray Bill figures???

Thanks for the clarification on the Psylocke variant. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2162 on: October 24, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Here's the variant case I was talking about at fwoosh.  I think it was found in Vegas.  He found two, one was a regular and this was the variant case.  Nice case and one I'm hoping for.  It would have been nice if the extra Bill was replaced with the blue Wasp.

Case was
2 Beta ray Bill
1 yellow Wasp
1 red Wasp
1 Mar-V
1 Genis
1 black Moon Knight
1 grey Moon Knight
1 Destroyer
1 Thorbuster
1 Julia Carpenter
1 Jessica Drew

All even, except for the extra Bill and the missing blue Wasp

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2163 on: October 24, 2006, 03:13 PM »
I was under the impression the blue Wasp was a chase figure too, so I wonder where she comes in?  I'm assuming yellow is the regular version and blue/red are chase. 

I'd be pleased to find that case, no doubt.  Very strange to pack Bill in twice though. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2164 on: October 24, 2006, 03:16 PM »
It's a possibility that all variant cases are like that and they just switch one variant Wasp with the other.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2165 on: October 24, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Did I say yet Canada sucks?  Just burns my arse that I can't even have patience and go look for these damn things.  You have to know as soon as I acquire all the figures I want through help and ebay, they'll show up locally ::)  Ah well, maybe I'll find them in Hawaii.

Makes sense to just flip them around like that.  It would make the two Wasp variants less common than the other chase figures though.  Might not be an unreasonable thing to do, given female characters often don't sell as well. 

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2166 on: October 24, 2006, 07:33 PM »
Did I say yet Canada sucks?  Just burns my arse that I can't even have patience and go look for these damn things.  You have to know as soon as I acquire all the figures I want through help and ebay, they'll show up locally ::)  Ah well, maybe I'll find them in Hawaii.

Makes sense to just flip them around like that.  It would make the two Wasp variants less common than the other chase figures though.  Might not be an unreasonable thing to do, given female characters often don't sell as well. 

Won't be happening since Canada is not supposed to recieve ML 14, 15, X-Men 3, the latest Spider-Man waves, etc. Some canadian collectors on other sites I go to are complaining that ToyBiz is "abandoning their non-US customers since they don't care now that the lisence is changing hands". I see it as a logical step if you look at how far behind Canadian stores can be at times (last wave I saw at WalMart was ML 11, Zellers I have yet to see ML13, TRU is caught up to the Giantman and 13 waves and the Young Avengers/Monsters box sets)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2167 on: October 24, 2006, 10:33 PM »
I hope to find a variant case for 15, they are all awesome. I also have no interest in the wolverine 2-pack anmd want both of the Punisher sets.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2168 on: October 24, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Won't be happening since Canada is not supposed to recieve ML 14, 15, X-Men 3, the latest Spider-Man waves, etc. Some canadian collectors on other sites I go to are complaining that ToyBiz is "abandoning their non-US customers since they don't care now that the lisence is changing hands". I see it as a logical step if you look at how far behind Canadian stores can be at times (last wave I saw at WalMart was ML 11, Zellers I have yet to see ML13, TRU is caught up to the Giantman and 13 waves and the Young Avengers/Monsters box sets)

Yeah, I know ;)

In other, cheery news.... >:(

The Canadian distributor for ToyBiz stuff has cancelled the following for distribution in Canada:

X-Men 3 - Series 3
Marvel Legends boxed set - House of M
Marvel Legends - Series 14
Marvel Legends - Series 15
Marvel Face Off - Series 2
Marvel Masterworks - Series 2
Marvel Showdown - Series 4
Marvel Icons Series 2 (Re-Stock)
Marvel Icons Series 3
Spider-man Rotocast figures
Spider-Man Series 18

The reason being they wouldn't be able to deliver the product to the Canadian distributor until about mid-December and supposedly all ToyBiz (pre-Marvel) stock must be moved out of the distributors possession before January 1st.  A two week window just isn't enough, especially when you consider delivery would essentially be post-Christmas.  This is a little silly when you consider I saw waves of X3 back in August and I think ML14 has been floating around since September.  Why the delay from shipping between September to December is a little baffling.  Three months lag time?  Yeah, sure. 

This also includes delivery of product to Canadian online retailers as well as box outlets so I can't even go online or expect it at local comic shops.   >:(

That was a tinge of sarcasm on my side and as you point out, TRU has the US exclusive Giant Man wave so who knows what could happen up here.  We're getting craptastic US carded Greatest Battles Star Wars figures and the aforementioned Giant Man wave, so why not screw this up after it's been reported as not coming?  Only way that will happen is if I buy them in advance. ;)

As far as Canada being behind US retailers, yes, true.  But see my quote above again, we were only a couple of weeks behind on ML13 and really not far behind at all with respect to some other lines as well.  Yes, I know it's the norm, but seldom are we four months behind as outlined above.  There really is no logical reason for the US to be receiving ML14 in September and for it not to arrive in Canada until December.  Walmart's a horrible gauge to use for ML stuff anyway.  Locally for me they carried waves I, IV, VI, IX, XI.  Considering I picked up ML13 at Zellers about a month (or less) after it was released in the US, I don't think a four month lag is justifiable. 

And it's not Toybiz abandoning anyone, it's the distributor, Grand Toys that has decided against bringing the toys in, for whatever reason.  But then their reputation isn't all that strong anyway. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2169 on: October 31, 2006, 04:07 AM »
Found a variant case of 15 tonight. I was pretty stoked. I tore apart the ML display, but the Wasp and IM variants (and regulars) were already gone, as was the regular Spider-Woman. But I still got the SW, Moon Knight, and Captain Marvel variants, and I picked up a Beta Ray Bill because he was the one I wanted most from this series. Hopefully, I come across any Wasp or IM later, since even their regular editions were gone and I only have four Modok pieces. Plus a regular Spider-Woman. (I like that red costume.)

This line looks better than ever. After the questionable quality of 14, I was surprised to see no paint issues on any of the figures I bought. Toy Biz is going out with a bang here, folks.

I just bought the last three pieces I needed for Mojo on Saturday, and I still haven't found 13 again. I still need Loki, Abomination, and Blackheart from that series.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2170 on: October 31, 2006, 09:07 AM »
Nice find, I am really hoping to find a variant case. I want them all.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2171 on: October 31, 2006, 10:40 AM »
I just bought the last three pieces I needed for Mojo on Saturday, and I still haven't found 13 again. I still need Loki, Abomination, and Blackheart from that series.

Those are all sitting around here Ben.  LMK if you want them.  A trade would be better than buying them because of our absurd prices.  Stumble across another variant case of variant 15 and we can swing a deal ;)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2172 on: November 1, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Oh ****...I guess I'm getting back into the ML game, though I'm stepping in very gingerly by trying to put together an X-Men collection (I also want to do a cool Justice League collection when DCD finally makes some decent versions of those guys. Every Wonder Woman I've seen is craptacular or non-articulated, and Batman and Superman are always just not good enough). A few questions for you veterans:

Is the Kitty Pryde figure really hard to get at this point? I'm only collecting loose anyways, and I don't really care about variants.

Is it worth it to buy the Rogue figure from the X-Men gift set, or should I wait for a better version?

Is there a Jean Grey figure yet (aside from the Phoenix)?

Where can I find some good info and pics of these figures? Is there a Jedi Defender for Marvel Legends?

Does anyone have a link to the picture of the Psylocke variant? And why doesn't the Psylocke figure have her psychic blades???

Thanks! I guess my wallet is ****** now.  :-[

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2173 on: November 1, 2006, 04:42 PM »

Is the Kitty Pryde figure really hard to get at this point? I'm only collecting loose anyways, and I don't really care about variants.

You should be able to find one on ebay for a reasonable price.

Is it worth it to buy the Rogue figure from the X-Men gift set, or should I wait for a better version?

Wait.  Supposedly there's a Jim Lee variant of the XMC3 one that's out now coming.

Is there a Jean Grey figure yet (aside from the Phoenix)?

Nope.

Where can I find some good info and pics of these figures? Is there a Jedi Defender for Marvel Legends?

I like www.fwooshnet.com.  You might even be able to find that Kitty Pryde figure there in their trading forums for a good price.

Does anyone have a link to the picture of the Psylocke variant?

I've never seen it, but I believe Brent has.

And why doesn't the Psylocke figure have her psychic blades???

Who knows.  I'll just chalk it up to a mistake by Toybiz.  Someone at fwoosh does make psychic blades for her though, for a couple bucks each that look pretty cool.  Might want to look into it.

Thanks! I guess my wallet is ****** now. :-[

Yep.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2174 on: November 1, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Thanks man! (though my wallet curses you)  ;D
-------------------------------------------------