Author Topic: Legacy Collection Rumors  (Read 61123 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Legacy Collection Rumors
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2009, 11:06 PM »
I would so love a sail barge. Again one of the few vehicles i would buy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2009, 11:51 PM »
If you've been watching the news lately, you've probably seen reports that Christmas shoppers are increasingly looking for bargain items this season.  And truthfully, if Hasbro wants big vehicles to sell, NOW is the time that they need to do that.  Unfortunately I continue to see more and more large vehicles just sitting at retail.  I had not seen Turbo Tanks at WalMart stores almost since their introduction over the summer.  But now that the holiday shopping season is here I am seeing them at WalMart, and they're sitting.  Not a good sign for the nation's number 1 toy retailer.

I want a Sail barge just as much, if not more than anyone.  I want a piece like that to anchor my ROTJ display and to put around my Sarlacc Pit.  But economically, the timing is not right.  A lot of collectors bailed when the economy went south.  And the Sail barge only had a fleeting moment in the Clone Wars movie.  Is that enough of a modern tie-in to justify a vehicle that's going to need this kind of tooling?  I kind of doubt it.  And the way the rumors and prototype images have been leaking out?  I think we would have heard something about a Sail barge by now.  The rumors were certainly flying about a big AT-AT, and that may have died a quiet death on it's own.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2009, 05:27 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if a new ROTS Anakin Skywalker Jedi Knight/Sith Lord comes out in 2010 (w/ updated arms). Hasbro said in some Q/A (I don't remember which) that they felt it was time to upgrade their 2008 TAC sculpt. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Well, from what Stan is saying here and elsewhere, we may get the following:

Senate Duel Paply
Senate Duel Yoda
TPM Jar Jar
Ratts/Pod Racer?
Naboo Pilot
Tey How
Panaka
Some other TPM character

I'd be very happy with some of those.  If they're coming.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2009, 01:54 PM »
I'm gonna put in my assumptions by movie according to what Hasbro has hinted at/said/implied and what I think...

TPM - Darth Maul SA, Theed Battle Padme, Battle Droid
AOTC - Zam Wesell, Jango Fett
ROTS - Anakin Skywalker, Senate Duel Palp, Senate Duel Yoda
ANH - ?
ESB - Han Solo
ROTJ - Emperor Palpatine

I hope they do make a new Zam Wesell, Maul, and Emperor. Esspecially a new D. Maul!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:55 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2009, 04:10 PM »
We still need a definitive Darth Maul.  And I want a new Zam in a bad way.  That's a character that got shafted by the bad action features and static sculpts of the Saga collection and, for some unknown reason, has yet to be corrected.  Her and Bariss.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2009, 04:38 PM »
ROTS: Anakin, Senate duel Yoda, Sendate Duel Sidious, Cin Dragill
AOTC: Zam Wessell, Jango Fett, Sarria Jeng, Utapuan Clone trooper
ESB: Han, Leia (Hoth), Rebel Deck Officer, Cloud Car Pilot
ROTJ: Adimeral Ackbar, At-St Driver, Wicket and Lumat, Gammorean Guard, Woof

ANH: Bom Vimdin, Walrus Man, Dr. Evason, Grand Moff Tarkin, Death Squad Commander, Rebel Fleet Trooper
APM: Jar Jar, Naboo Pilot, Captain Panaka, Tey How, Ratts/podracer TBA

Mix wavecoming mid 2011

Queen Jamilla,  Barris Offee,  Aalya Secura, 

Here is a list from some of Hasbro intel report

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Oh, yeah, Cin Drallig - I'm pretty sure Hasbro said they would get around to him.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Thanks, Stan.  That list has some great possibilities on it.  They would all look great on vintage style cards (my bet for next year).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2009, 09:43 AM »
I would very much welcome "Senate Duel" versions of Yoda and Sidious. I also have been looking forward to a Cin Drallig figure for a while as well. Not too keen on another ROTS Anakin, I'm not sure where else they could go with him since the Mustafar Duel version is pretty good.

I hope the Zam Wessell features soft goods and is SA - if she is, put me down for multiples of her - I've had this speeder looking vehicle for about seven years now, that needs a pilot!  :-\

The ESB list looks great too - while I liked the OTC Cloud Car Pilot, getting that sculpt updated with even more articulation will be welcome, especially if the Cloud Car is hitting at the same time. The POTF2 Hoth Leia sculpt is okay, but it was evident that it needed to be updated when they threw it in that Comic Pack last year. I am eager to see what this mysterious "new" Han turns out to be. I bet the "Deck Officer" will be an modern update to the vintage Hoth Rebel Trooper which featured a tan vest.

I wonder how much of the line-up we'll see at Toy Fair?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2009, 10:30 AM »
A better crispy Vader would be nice with the Med Capsule, but I doubt that's where they're going with this one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2009, 11:56 AM »
Those lists don't look too bad, if they hold true.  It sounded like there were supposed to be four waves of six figures each, so unless the remaining ones are the "greatest hits" repacks that Hasbro has mentioned, there are a couple more open slots still available as well.  With the ROTS Anakin, I thought in a previous Q and A (awhile back) they mentioned the previous Evolutions Anakin needed ball jointed elbows, which is the only major improvement I could see being made to that figure.  Really hoping that the Senate Duel Palps/Yoda is true, those are two that people have really been looking forward to I think.  I'm glad to see a possible Hoth Leia on the horizon (hoping for a Hoth Luke soon too), and I'm anxious to see what this Han will turn out to be as well.  The ROTJ wave looks nice too, even if it is resculpt heavy....they are all ones I've been hoping for (Wicket/Ackbar/Gam. Guard).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2009, 12:20 PM »
I think this new Han is going to be from the scene where he's wearing his Bespin pants and a parka which is open if I remember correctly.  I think it's when he's with Chewie repairing the Falcon.

There were some hints in one of the last Q&A sessions that sort of implied this.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2009, 01:11 PM »
According to the latest QnA aired during the SWAN podcast (#226), there is an all new R2/astromech sculpt coming next year.

"We are currently developing an all new astromech with some pretty nifty features in the line for late 2010"
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Nice.  So we get to buy a whole new set of R2-D2 releases.  Yay!

E...