Author Topic: TVC Troop Builder Packs - What do you want to see?  (Read 250 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Troop Builder Packs - What do you want to see?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2021, 11:48 AM »
As far as the Shore troopers, I am happy for those who want them, and I applaud the timing to coincide with the Rogue One Anniversary. I do not need these for myself though. If the next reveal that pairs up with this set is a Mon Cal 4-pack of repainted Admiral Ackbars in salmon, aqua, and white skintone varieties--I would bite on that one!

I love this idea!  One of my favorite figures from the POTJ line was the Mon Calamari Crewman.   I had actually repainted an extra POTF2 Admiral Ackbar with the crewman colors before that figure was even released.  And I think it's a pretty cool figure to this day.

While I said that I love the idea of a Mon Cal troop builder set, I think looking at how things are getting done by Hasbro bears some examination.  In the three troop builder sets that have been announced so far, each one is built on an existing Vintage Collection figure.
Stormtrooper set - VC140 Stormtrooper (Rogue One)
Rebel Fleet Troopers - VC052 / VC183 Rebel Fleet Trooper
Shoretroopers - TBS 3.75" figure / VC133

Based on what we've seen so far I'm skeptical of Hasbro offering an all-new sculpt in this assortment before it's been released on a basic figure cardback.  Don't get me wrong - I absolutely want a Vintage Collection quality Admiral Raddus along with some of his officers.  But I get the sense that Hasbro would want to release a carded Raddus first.  Could they repaint / kitbash the existing Admiral Ackbar sculpt into some ROTJ Mon Cal officers?  That seems like a stronger possibility.

If we're talking about more Rebels from Rogue One?  And they had to draw on existing sculpts?  I think we would probably get some pilots from Blue, Red or Gold Squadrons.  The General Merrick sculpt might be the basis for that, since his flight suit seems to be the basis for a lot of the flight suits we see in Rogue One.

Looking through some of the existing TVC trooper sculpts, these look like possibilities for future sets:
-Sandtroopers
-TIE Pilots
-Imperial Officers (questionable since the only TVC Imperial Officers were Tarkin and the TLC Needa reissued in a 3-pack)
-Imperial Naval Troopers
-Imperial Assault Tank Drivers & Commander
-Clone Troopers (phase 1)
-Clone Troopers (phase 2)
-ARC Troopers
-Battle Droids
-Super Battle Droids
-Magnaguard Droids (this might be a good way of getting both grey and blue ones)
-Endor Rebel Troopers (but they can't just offer them in the big coat - need to get the vests on these guys)
-Bespin Guards
-Hoth Rebel Troopers
-Rebel Pilots
-First Order Stormtroopers
-Praetorian Guards
-Sith Troopers

These are the ones that immediately come to mind.  As the line progresses and more varied troopers get added the possibilities will definitely open up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2021, 12:40 PM »
Give me four Yavin Sled Techs.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2021, 02:15 PM »
Probably low on the list, but they could do the Rebel Yavin honor guards, FO Snowtroopers (and offer up the Officer from Rise).  Ugnaughts, too.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2021, 01:16 PM »
There’s so much potential with these packs.  I welcome them!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2022, 05:41 PM »
After looking online to get ahold of a couple of Rogue One Tank Drivers and a Tank Commander I'm hoping we get a troop builder set of them next!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2022, 05:58 PM »
After looking online to get ahold of a couple of Rogue One Tank Drivers and a Tank Commander I'm hoping we get a troop builder set of them next!

The tank troopers and commander are such an obvious choice.  That type of set would be a layup for Hasbro. 

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: January 3, 2022, 06:16 PM »
My two Stormtrooper sets came over the holidays too. I did have one trooper where paint app on the mustache-looking-grill is pretty crooked and missed the sculpted detail entirely on one half of the face entirely. Otherwise the other 7 all look good.

The tank troopers and commander are such an obvious choice.  That type of set would be a layup for Hasbro. 

I've had my Combat Assault Tank sitting in a box waiting for drivers for almost two years now. I'm not about to shell out $150 for a driver. I would be so down for that set. I think they could make into it some sort of Imperial Driver troop building pack. I know the purpose of these sets isn't really to drop many (or any) new sculpts -- HOWEVER, this would be a perfect opportunity for a new SA Imperial Juggernaut Pilot. The helmet is the same as the Tank Drivers, they just need to make a new SA body, which can then easily be reused later for at least four other figures with only minor modifications: Din Djarin in Tank Driver Disguise - Mayfield in Tank Driver Disguise - Young Han Solo as an Imperial Swamp Trooper (mudtrooper) - Mudtrooper. The pack could contain:

--  1 Rogue One Tank Commander
  --  2 Rogue One Tank Drivers (repaints)
  --  1 Juggernaut Pilot

Just for comparison sake, here is Din Djarin dressed as Juggernaught pilot vs the Mudtroopers:

« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 06:18 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 4, 2022, 08:52 AM »
Hasbro announced a Din Djarin in the Transport Driver disguise.  I think once that’s released there’s a greater chance of us getting the Transport Drivers in a troop builder pack.  And eventually there would probably be a Mayfeld in disguise, too.

There are definitely some parts of that trooper that could be repurposed for a Mudtrooper.  The most likely scenario that I see for that is for Hasbro to make a Han Solo in the mud trooper uniform.  Hasbro has definitely shown an inclination to repurpose parts across some figures.  Evidently the new Lobot and Bib Fortuna draw on parts from previous releases of Lando (the Solo version and the Cloud City version).  A mud trooper Han Solo would probably lead to a Mud Trooper 4-pack.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2022, 08:53 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: January 4, 2022, 11:26 AM »
Hasbro announced a Din Djarin in the Transport Driver disguise.  I think once that’s released there’s a greater chance of us getting the Transport Drivers in a troop builder pack.  And eventually there would probably be a Mayfeld in disguise, too.

There are definitely some parts of that trooper that could be repurposed for a Mudtrooper.  The most likely scenario that I see for that is for Hasbro to make a Han Solo in the mud trooper uniform.  Hasbro has definitely shown an inclination to repurpose parts across some figures.  Evidently the new Lobot and Bib Fortuna draw on parts from previous releases of Lando (the Solo version and the Cloud City version).  A mud trooper Han Solo would probably lead to a Mud Trooper 4-pack.

Oh that's right, I forgot about that! Thanks Nick. Even more reason to give us the Tank Driver Pack.  :P
« Last Edit: January 4, 2022, 11:26 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2022, 07:25 PM »
I would like to see the young Anakan padawan figure as a base for a pack of younglings.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2022, 01:14 PM »
Any interest in a Bespin guard set, with some film accurate heads?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2022, 01:41 PM »
Any interest in a Bespin guard set, with some film accurate heads?

I'd be interested in that.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2022, 02:20 AM »
I'd be down for a set of them, I'd pick up multiples if they had nice removable hats so that the heads could easily be swapped with other army builder sets.
"This is the way."