Author Topic: Deleted Return of the Jedi Scenes  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Deleted Return of the Jedi Scenes
« on: July 19, 2009, 05:43 PM »
I went looking for the sandstorm scene which they made action figures for, but I don't think I've ever seen the entire scene.  I know it's out there, but it's not on Youtube....unless I missed it.

Does anyone know where on the internet this scene is?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Deleted Return of the Jedi Scenes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:56 PM »
I've never seen the "film" of the scene, just stills.  I'm not sure the sandstorm scene still exists in film at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 02:48 AM »
Crap.  I thought you were supposed to be able to find everything on the internet!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 05:02 AM »
Yeah there's a handful of deleted stuff that, as far as I know, was at least never released to the public in any form other than stills from the filming.  The Wampa Scene comes to mind, from Empire, with the Wampas running amok in the Rebel's base.  There's a number of images from that, and then a number of of images of 3PO's removal of the Wampa warning from the "pen" that R2 lured them into.

The ANH deleted scenes were included on the old "Behind the Magic" CD-ROM, and then other deleted stuff in film form turned up such as Luke, Han, and Leia walking around the Death Star "blending in" in a comedic way (like walking around whistling, looking like they should be there, walking past Imperials in the hallways), and the Cantina Midget "duel" in the streets that was to match up to some McQuarrie Art of a shootout in the streets and things...

Also the other takes for the Cantina sequence in B&W with Han making out with a skank and so on...  ANH is the only one with all the random cut footage making it out in some animated form or another.  I'm sure a lot was cut that didn't make it out too, but I've never seen actual video of ROTJ and ESB cut footage except for some abandoned AT-ST deaths from Endor, but those were behind-the-scenes stuff, not really "footage".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 12:51 PM »
Shame if you ask me.  If you have the SW: Revisited dvd the guy in charge of that actually put the entire Luke/Biggs scene in the special features.  After seeing it, I can see why it was cut...I thought Luke might actually try to kiss Biggs at one point during the scene!  :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 2, 2009, 02:14 PM »
I think deleted scenes would be a tremendous addition to all of the OT movies.  Maybe George is hanging onto those for the BluRay edition?

As for the ones I can think of from across the OT?
-Toshi station scenes with Biggs, Fixer, Camie (ANH)
-Wampa attack in Echo Base (TESB)
-C-3PO tearing down wampa warning signs (TESB)
-Sandstorm (ROTJ)
-Emporer's Royal Guards attacking Moff Jerjerrod (ROTJ)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback