Author Topic: 2023 HasLab - TVC The Ghost  (Read 6870 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 HasLab - TVC The Ghost
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2023, 01:43 PM »
Old man 3.75" collectors win again.  It only took about ~91 hours for 3.75" nerds to pony up $4million dollars.  $4,000,000 dollars.

That is incredible if you stop and think about it.  Bring on a HasLab Mos Eisley Cantina next!

I hope somebody at Hasbro finally is getting a clue.  TVC works for haslab projects.  Everything else has failed.  Just stick with TVC.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2023, 02:00 PM »
I’m passing on the Ghost due to space issues but would 1000% buy a Cantina, great idea Jeff

I’d also buy:

Yavin Base with Tactical Table
Sarlacc with attachments for the Barge and Skiffs

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2023, 04:14 PM »
I hope somebody at Hasbro finally is getting a clue.  TVC works for haslab projects.  Everything else has failed.  Just stick with TVC.

While I agree that TVC is definitely a winner for Haslab.  I still feel the Rancor would've made it if Hasbro hadn't botched the campaign so badly.  Reva's Lightsaber should never have been a Haslab campaign.

Now that the Ghost is backed....I'm now wondering if the ship does blow up in Ahsoka!   :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2023, 04:37 PM »
I'm now wondering if the ship does blow up in Ahsoka!   :o

The Ghost can be seen as one of the easter eggs at the Battle of Exegol in TROS.  (Confirmed by the TROS novelization).

Of course, they could always decide to rewrite canon to continue the tradition of HasLab ships with an explosive on-screen demise.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2023, 05:22 PM »

The Ghost can be seen as one of the easter eggs at the Battle of Exegol in TROS.  (Confirmed by the TROS novelization).

Of course, they could always decide to rewrite canon to continue the tradition of HasLab ships with an explosive on-screen demise.  ;)

Honestly, even knowing Disney would never do this, I was hoping that they'd play with the 'World Between Worlds' in "Ahsoka" allowing the heors to help put a stop to the First Order before it really begins, effectively erasing all of the Sequel cannon & allowing them to start over with Filoni/Favreau or someone else at the helm.

But given that there is a Rey movie confirmed to be on its way, we can pretty much rule that out.
"This is the way."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2023, 05:28 PM »
Great to see this funded so quickly. The more I look at the interior though I really am starting to notice what is not there. Where is Sabine’s funky painted bedroom? Or the doors? Where is the docking bay where they could just jump out of the bottom of the ship? That bay had a ladder and two separate levels too.

I know we didn’t see a lot of the barge but it seems like they did a pretty screen accurate version of the Razor Crest. I guess it must just be a space issue with the Ghost?

Not being backwards compatible with the Phantom I seems like a huge gaffe too. That was a no brainer.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2023, 05:33 PM »

I just couldn't resist the snark.   ;D

Honestly, even knowing Disney would never do this, I was hoping that they'd play with the 'World Between Worlds' in "Ahsoka" allowing the heors to help put a stop to the First Order before it really begins, effectively erasing all of the Sequel cannon & allowing them to start over with Filoni/Favreau or someone else at the helm.

But given that there is a Rey movie confirmed to be on its way, we can pretty much rule that out.

I can guarantee that even if they go to the World Between Worlds again, they won't do something that erases Carrie Fisher's final Star Wars movies.  Besides, everything we've seen in the Mandalorian and Bad Batch so far has hinted at the rise of the First and Final Orders.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2023, 10:11 AM »
I think the Filoni will end up doing what he did with the Prequels and make things more cohesive. Say what you will about the Clone Wars show, they tied up some loose ends on the Prequels really nicely.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2023, 11:50 AM »
Getting closer to 9k.  Not bad for the first week! 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2023, 05:36 PM »
There's definitely been some forward progress.  I'm hoping that there will be enough backers by next week to secure Ezra and tier 1.  As for Kanan and Zeb?  We'll see how things go.

These campaigns tend to function in surges though - very often centered around some kind of promotion.  I can see the potential for things to pick up as the promotion for the AHSOKA series picks up.  But that could be kind of muted on account of the SAG/AFTRA strike.  Actors are not doing promotion work during the strike.  Directors have been doing that, but it's usually a little more low key.  Still, I can see some kind of big article in USA Today about the Ghost Haslab - Hasbro has a long history of promoting big projects with them.  And then the AHSOKA series will have aired 4 episodes by the time the Haslab campaign comes to an end.  That could drive the push towards 17,000!

***REQUISITE HAN SOLO QUOTE:  "17,000?  These guys must really be desperate!"
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2023, 07:54 PM »
I wanted to re-create the scene where the crew first saw Fulcrum. But in hindsight, that would've made the ship to big.

As for the count, it's nice we get a bonus for goals met, but when first announced, the sales count felt impossible for Zeb and a maybe for Kanan. It'd be cool if we don't have to buy them, though I'm sure they'll see the light of day if the numbers aren't met.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2023, 11:30 AM »
9158 as of this morning.  Things have slowed, but still growing...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2023, 07:55 PM »
I bet it picks up again when Ahsoka starts airing.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 1, 2023, 05:31 PM »
Definitely slowed a bit...we now have to average 212 new backers per day to get to 17,000 by the deadline.

I'm not worried though, they recently opened up Thailand and there's always a pickup when there's new media and a surge at the end.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 1, 2023, 05:45 PM »
I think the price, size, and timing of this item might create a bit of a challenge in having huge numbers backing it like The Razor Crest did.  I really don't think we're going to hit all the unlocks on this one and hope they find a way to include Zeb even if we don't make it that far.