Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 358677 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #1530 on: April 3, 2007, 12:45 AM »
Now with the scare tactic that seems to be getting employed here, I'm fairly certain that the pre-order numbers for the Royal Guard and Senate Guard are going to be pretty healthy. 

Perhaps....but as someone who has been collecting these since the first year, I've seen too many busts sell out to risk waiting around and paying some inflated markup because I didn't pre-order early.  That's why I placed the order.  ;D

I've been collecting this line for a long time.  Regular edition pieces have NOT been that hard to come by with the exception of some things released in the first year or so ( AOTC Yoda, 1st edition Vader, Boba Fett) and when GG decided to do the AOTC and ROTS Clone Trooper cases.  Exclusives are a whole other story.

But this whole scare tactic that is going on with the Royal Guard and Senate Guard is not serious enough to warrant changing how I buy busts.  I will not be breaking my pattern of ordering them through my comic shop the way I've been doing for years.  I managed to get the Utapau Clone Trooper that way and I'm certain that I'll be getting the Senate Guard that way too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 3, 2007, 01:01 AM »
As I recall, the Fett bust wasn't that hard to come by in the first place either.  All you had to do was actually pre-order it.  A buddy of mine has had his since the start, got it from Newforcecomics.com for retail price.  He wanted it, preordered it and that's that.  I don't recall fiascos until the AOTC busts and even then, those were after the fact except for the blue clone. 

I'm with Nick here, unless it's a small edition size (and that means 2000 or less these days) you're looking at pretty easy to find.  As far as I'm concerned, they better limit the blue guard or else those are going to be going pretty cheap on ebay.  I know there's debate about OT vs PT and the relative popularity, but OT wins every time. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 3, 2007, 03:51 PM »
I picked up a nice Obi-wan bust off of Ebay for 71.00 not too bad.Are they ever going to do a ROTS Obi bust?.The Clone wars is nice,but He's kinda shaggy don't you think ;)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1533 on: April 3, 2007, 04:49 PM »
I've been collecting this line for a long time.  Regular edition pieces have NOT been that hard to come by with the exception of some things released in the first year or so ( AOTC Yoda, 1st edition Vader, Boba Fett) and when GG decided to do the AOTC and ROTS Clone Trooper cases.  Exclusives are a whole other story.

Regular editions have not been hard to come by as long as you got them via pre-order or shortly after they're released.  If you wait a month or so hoping to find it for under MSRP, you never know what will happen. 

There have been very few "Army builders" in the past, so it's hard to compare this Royal Guard situation with anything besides the clones.  For both Episodes 2 and 3, they short packed one color, and that color was harder to find for retail.    On the other hand, we have the Stormtroopers, those were a huge edition size that got down to under 40 bucks at one point at retail.   Probably because there wasn't a variation.

But this whole scare tactic that is going on with the Royal Guard and Senate Guard is not serious enough to warrant changing how I buy busts.  I will not be breaking my pattern of ordering them through my comic shop the way I've been doing for years.  I managed to get the Utapau Clone Trooper that way and I'm certain that I'll be getting the Senate Guard that way too.

Fair enough. These guards aren't really changing "how" I buy busts either.  I usually pre-order the ones I think will be harder to find, and I usually wait to buy the ones that will be more common, because I get them for less than retail.  I'm willing to bet the Blue Guard will be harder to get, and that's why I pre-ordered one.  The Red guard, I'll bet I get for around 40 bucks...and I'm waiting on him.
Got Clones?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 4, 2007, 10:10 AM »
There have been very few "Army builders" in the past,

It seems like half the busts I own are army builders.  4 (soon to be 5) different ROTS Clones, 6 different AOTC Clones, Biker Scout, Stormtroopers, 3 versions of the Sandtrooper...

Even people who want more than one of these probably aren't buying more than 2.  I'm new to this game compared to most of you, but I'm not too concerned on this one either. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 4, 2007, 10:11 AM »
On similar but different subject, by any freak chance did anyone order an extra AFX Clone that they don't need?  I wasn't collecting when these were up for pre-order, so I don't have on locked down.

And does anyone know what the edition size is like on that one?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1536 on: April 4, 2007, 10:54 AM »
And does anyone know what the edition size is like on that one?

Limited Edition of 2500
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1537 on: April 4, 2007, 11:00 AM »
Exclusive Editions Sizes Revealed:

Commander Gree mini bust – 2500

Commander Neyo mini bust – 1500

Commander Bly mini bust – 2000

Commander Cody mini bust – 3500

Commander Bacara mini bust – 2000

Darth Malak mini bust – 2000

Spirit of Yoda mini bust – 2500 -------? 3rd CIV exclusive?

Luna Lovegood mini bust – 1000

Glorfindel mini bust – 500

Star Wars Animated Yoda and R2-D2 Maquette – 2500

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 4, 2007, 11:36 AM »
So it sounds like the only real pains in the asses (of the busts that is) will be the foreign ones.... or do I just not know what I'm talking about. 

If they're also making 500 5-packs of all the Clone Commanders, are those part of the edition size?  Between those 500 and the 500 that are being held back for the PG members, it sounds like there could be as many as 1000 less than the total at each event, depending on how that 5-pack works.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 11:41 AM by Rob »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1539 on: April 4, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I wonder how much they are going to hold back for the PG members, if any. I hope they don't plan to just offer any left overs.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 4, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Based on those numbers, Bly, Bacara and Neyo are going to be an absolute bitch to get, as much because of people wanting all five to complete the "set" as anything else. 

Gree and Cody will be pretty easy I'd guess, settling down under $100 when the rush is over. 

I wish they would clarify if there are 500 sets in addition to those numbers they listed. 

No extra AFX clone Rob, sorry.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 4, 2007, 03:23 PM »
Wish the bust would go up on sale without a stupid raffle system.  The only excluesive I have missed are the BHS and Mara Jade (got her through a trade) and that was only because I had to work that day.  I'm hoping the limit would be two bust per person so that we could work trades out but figure it would be like comic con and be 1 per badge, with a stamp. 

I'm wondering if the Yoda light bright isn't the GG collector club gift.

I wish they would clarify if there are 500 sets in addition to those numbers they listed. 

According to their blog, the 500 sets is included with the total edition sizes.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 03:25 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 4, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Thanks Tom,
so then the actual available edition sizes are down by 500 each for the commanders.  Ouch.  Guess I better win the raffle on those :-X

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 4, 2007, 03:40 PM »
Exclusive Editions Sizes Revealed:

Commander Gree mini bust – 2500

Darth Malak mini bust – 2000

Spirit of Yoda mini bust – 2500 -------? 3rd CIV exclusive?

That's got to be a record for any event - 3 exclusive busts for CIV.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 4, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Could one of these could be for Celebration Europe?
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!