Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 419229 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2400 on: January 30, 2007, 10:55 PM »
I see the regular Face Off 2 sets on a fairly regular basis.  But I can't say that I've see any of the variant sets.  I'd like to get all three of those if possible, but I might have to wait for a con for the opportunity.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2401 on: January 30, 2007, 11:39 PM »
I'd probably pick up:

Silver Surfer
Doctor Doom (If its a 6" Icons version)
Mole Man
Namor (If its green trunked)
Mary Jane

If they are comic versions.  Movie versions (outside of the Surfer) will sit on the pegs

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2402 on: January 31, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Someone has posted the whole list on page 9 of that thread over at the Fwoosh.  They now list the Spider-Man movie figures, which now list figures such as Black Cat and Puma in the "Collection 2" of the assortment.  5" or 6", movie or comic, take your guess at this point I guess.  It makes me wonder if Hasbro will try something similar to what Mattel is doing with the Superman Returns line - and bridging it to include characters that aren't necessarily in the movie.  Maybe the "Collection 2" is the start of Spider-Man classics that we saw earlier this month (Kraven, Lizard, etc.)

Looking at all of the lists (if they are accurate), I'm kind of leaning towards the Puma, Black Cat, etc. possibly being 5" figures continuing the line we saw earlier this month (Spider-Man Classics).  I think the Spider-Man "Build A Series" might be movie figures, 6" scaled, and seperate from both the Spidey lines and possibly the Legends line (the listing doesn't say Marvel Legends Spider-Man Build A Series, where the F4 series does say Marvel Legneds).  I think there have been hints dropped previously of seeing both 5" and 6" scale movie figures for Spider-Man 3, so maybe this is how they will do it.  A Legends-type line (Build a Series) with movie versions of Spidey, Black Costume Spidey, Venom, Sandman, New Goblin, and possibly repacks of the earlier Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and maybe MJ figures?  Hopefully the Fantastic Four Series is comic accurate though, at least for figures like Namor, Doom, and Mole Man.  I don't know, just guessing on this, but it will be interesting to see what is what - hopefully Toy Fair will fill us in.  Checking out all of the lists they have posted there, it looks like an avalanche of "superhero" product from Hasbro this year.  It doesn't look like they are going in slow with the Galactic Hero-type line, with lots of Superhero Squad 2 packs listed, with some more obscure characters.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:14 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2403 on: January 31, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Wizard/Toy Fare has an article posted on "what might have been", basically highlighting the once rumored henchmen, X-Babies, mighty 'vengers, etc.  There are pics of each if anyone is interested.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2404 on: January 31, 2007, 01:29 PM »
A new Black Cat and a Puma are of interest, but again, if they are in the 5" scale, I'm done. 

Pity the henchmen didn't get released, or the villains wave for that matter.  I'd suspect they'd have sold a ton of the henchmen and if the villains wave had had Skrull and Brood in the wave, those would have sold extremely well also. 

The X-Babies, etc. never did much for me.  They'd have been neat as a pack in, but I wouldn't buy them separately. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2405 on: January 31, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Heres hoping for everything in the 6 inch scale.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2406 on: February 2, 2007, 10:20 AM »
Regarding the Marvel Legends line.  Does Hasbro plan on going back and releasing any of the older figs that Toybiz made?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2407 on: February 2, 2007, 10:39 AM »
Regarding the Marvel Legends line.  Does Hasbro plan on going back and releasing any of the older figs that Toybiz made?

They're already doing that, at least with the Spider-man Origins line.  The Demogoblin, Doc Ock, and black Spidey are all repaints of Toy Biz products.

One can only hope that means Super Skrull, Kang, Dragonman and some of the harder to find Legends like Hawkeye, Vision, Dark Phoenix, etc. will be re-released soon.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2408 on: February 2, 2007, 10:40 AM »
I thought there was a line planned specifically being repainted Legends (something like Marvel Heroes or some jazz like that)  I thought I've even seen craptacular result pictures of said repaints

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2409 on: February 2, 2007, 10:46 AM »
You're correct, Scott.

See more here

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2410 on: February 2, 2007, 11:06 AM »
From what I have read, it sounds like after that first wave (or possibly, first two waves), that "Marvel Heroes" line will be moving to a 5" scale - at least according to what Jesse Falcon has said on the Fwoosh.  Its too bad, I wouldn't mind getting a shot at Hawkeye and Vision as well.  We'll probably find out more at Toy Fair, but it sounds like outside of the Legends line (and possibly these rumored Spidey/F4 movie - or comic - BAF waves) all of the Marvel stuff will be 5" scale.  I wonder with the costs often discussed relating to oil/petroleum, if this is more what the future will look like.  More and more lines going smaller, with Legends (and DC Superheroes) being some of the few that are left standing at the larger scale.  If things move to a new scale, I don't think I'd start over.  I guess I wouldn't have had a problem with Legends being a 4" or 5" scale, if it started that way from the beginning, but with the collections we have now its hard to imagine them as anything else besides the 6" scale.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2411 on: February 2, 2007, 11:10 AM »
 ::)

I can't speak for US retail, but rehashes like that will sit for a long time up here.  Maybe not the first case, but pretty quickly.  Then the retailers look at the line and decide it doesn't sell.  No more orders for us.  

I get the concept of saving money by re-using and re-releasing various molds, but geez, why buy the line if you're going to kill it by being half-assed before you even release anything new?  Yeah, hyperbole there, ML1 is mostly new but what're they running, about 85% rehashes overall since acquiring the rights from ToyBiz?

As for Brian's point regarding scale, I'm completely in agreement.  A new scale is the death of this line as far as my purchasing goes.  Had it been a 4" (3.75") scale from the start, I'd have been ecstatic given how much less space it would have taken up.  But even a switch to that preferred scale won't convince me to start anew or dump the old stuff.  There's just too much money spent already on the original scale.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2412 on: February 2, 2007, 11:12 AM »
Agreed with both Brian and Brent.  A new scale is the end for me.  I'm not starting over and I'll be happy with what I have.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2413 on: February 2, 2007, 11:35 AM »
Had it been a 4" (3.75") scale from the start, I'd have been ecstatic given how much less space it would have taken up.  But even a switch to that preferred scale won't convince me to start anew or dump the old stuff.  There's just too much money spent already on the original scale.

That's exactly how I feel.  Its been a long ride, and the light is at the end of the tunnel now - at least for me - so I'll pick up the few figures here and there that are left that I want and wrap things up.  I could stand to be able to stop searching for one line anyways.  I would have been quite happy with that smaller scale too Brent, because like you mentioned, it would have really helped display/storage wise.  Not that I don't like the 6" figures, but I've always liked the 3 3/4" scale.  I keep thinking I'm almost done with Legends collecting, that there couldn't be much left, but then again I've bought figures I never would have thought I'd have in a collection (or would have been made) at this point, so its always tough to say.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2414 on: February 3, 2007, 01:21 AM »
Hasbro ML1 showed up at Walmart, but only Beast and Planet Hulk.  Full case.  Huh?