Author Topic: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 8473 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2023, 11:47 AM »
And does anyone else now want an army builder pack of HK-87 droids????

They do have the TVC single carded figure coming and we all know how much Hasbro loves double dipping.  I could totally see them doing an HK 4-pack with 2x droids with a blaster and 2x droids with the staff.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2023, 11:47 AM »

YES!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2023, 02:15 PM »
I want that Inquisitor!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2023, 03:20 PM »
Overall I liked the first two episodes.  Clancy Brown was great and they nailed the look of Lothal.

Bit of a nitpick for me is that the acting from all the leads seemed a bit monotone to me.  There were a couple of times where I think an interaction between Sabine and Ahsoka could've been drastically improved if Rosario just gave a half-smile or something.  I hope this changes as we progress through the story.

I'm very intrigued by the plot and am excited to see where all this goes.  I also like the end credits imagery and am trying to decipher its meaning.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2023, 09:12 PM »

My immediate thought watching that scene was that the Hasbro execs were drooling over being able to get 4 or 5 droids out of one sculpt.  It might be 18 months, but that's definitely happening.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2023, 08:11 AM »
On a second watching with my daughter, she noticed a purgl flying above the clouds when Baylan is looking up (when he first arrives on the planet, before the map scene).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2023, 04:04 PM »
I thought I heard what might have been a Purgil, and that made Baylan look up. 

As for the tone between Ahsoka and Sabine?  It’s definitely icy.  But I think it’s got a lot to do with why Ahsoka walked away from Sabine, and ended her training.  I think we’ll get more insight into why that happened, and things will warm up between the two of them.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2023, 12:46 PM »
Evidently there are a number of theories circulating about Marrok.  Ahsoka faced off against him on Correllia, and he appears to be an agent of Baylan Skoll.  I'm curious what people think about this character - Is it a character that we've seen before?  Is it a previously known or unknown inquisitor?  Or is this just an entirely new character?

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2023, 01:07 PM »
It appears Ahsoka is going to be released weekly on Tuesdays instead of Wednesdays, so I guess we get episode 3 tomorrow night.

The only thing that bugs me about an Inquisitor battling with Ahsoka is that I think Ashoka would make pretty quick work of any Inquisitor.  Once the HK droid was gone I think the battle should have been over. 

I like how it was portrayed in Tales of the Jedi where Ahsoka was unarmed, took the Inquisitor's lightsaber and beheaded him in one swipe.

Inquisitors would be tough vs. a Jedi Knight when in groups and with piles of Stormtroopers, etc. helping them, but a Jedi Knight should be able to dominate 1:1.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 04:50 PM by Dave »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2023, 04:00 PM »
Evidently there are a number of theories circulating about Marrok.  Ahsoka faced off against him on Correllia, and he appears to be an agent of Baylan Skoll.  I'm curious what people think about this character - Is it a character that we've seen before?  Is it a previously known or unknown inquisitor?  Or is this just an entirely new character?

Not sure if this would make any sense, but I was wondering if it might be Cal Kestis. We've seen BD-1 in the Mandalorian, and the latest Jedi Survivor game definitely introduces a bit of darkness to Cal towards the end.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2023, 11:19 AM »
Knew this was going to be a short episode so was not disappointed about that, but it did end on kind of a quiet note.

The Purgil were cool I thought, interesting that they showed up like that. I liked the little snub fighters too.

Kaz’ dad is a huge jackass, super bummed to learn he was not on Hosnian Prime when it was destroyed.

I like the growing animosity between Shin and Morgan.

Still not sure what to make of Ahsoka training Sabine. Why isn’t she training Jacen? Why does Jacen look weird?  :D

Why didn’t Hera just take the Ghost to help them after the Republic declined? I feel like animated Hera would have been all over that, but clearly this is not the Hera that we knew from Rebels.

Wonder how much longer they will wait to reveal Thrawn?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2023, 12:53 PM »
Knew this was going to be a short episode so was not disappointed about that, but it did end on kind of a quiet note.

I'm a little concerned about the pace of the show and the fact that there are only 8 episodes.  It appears there is no second season guaranteed and the viewership numbers so far haven't been all that great.

We're almost halfway through the season and we've barely got in to the plot.  Is Morgan the main antagonist?  Is it Baylan?  Is it going to be Thrawn?  I think there are too many characters.

Overall I like the show and the plot is holding together well, but some things like Sabine's decision to get trained, and now her training have been a bit drawn out.  I almost wonder if Filoni is making this "the Sabine growth show" and she'll get pulled back in to some The Mandalorian spin-off that is just Mandalorians with Bo-Katan.  If this were a 12+ series I wouldn't be too worried, but I'm not sure how we're going to build things up and resolve them well in five more episodes.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 1, 2023, 09:43 PM »
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the planet where the hyperdrive ring is being constructed has the Purgil nearby.  The Purgil were a central part of Thrawn and Ezra’s disappearance.  And now Huyang has said something to the effect that the Purgil might be key to intergalactic hyperspace routes. 

Nice spot on the one Senator.  I didn’t realize until you mentioned that this is Kaz Xiono’s father.  As for the fighters?  They reminded me quite a bit of the Fireball. 
« Last Edit: September 1, 2023, 09:43 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 2, 2023, 08:38 AM »
This episode was okay, but whoever comes up with the storyboarding is horrible.  Why would one continue to fly directly into the path of a barrage of laser fire?  Why wouldn't one try to find a weakness in their range?  Hera did it in episode 2 and Sabine did it in this episode.  Also, bad guys, why would you aim at Ahsoka when you could just blow up the ship she's standing on?  And I'm pretty sure they used the same effects shot at least twice when they were firing on Ahsoka's ship.  Perhaps it was a nod to the original Battlestar Galactica? 

Sorry, these things took me out of the story a bit.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 5, 2023, 10:22 PM »
Man, I love this show.  That is all I have to say until we wanna talk spoilers...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender