Author Topic: Rogue One TIE Striker  (Read 14613 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Rogue One TIE Striker
« on: August 19, 2016, 11:25 AM »
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2016/08/star-wars-rogue-one-toys-surfacing.html

Ooh, I like this one better than the U-Wing.  Probably easier to cheat the scale on a smaller wing TIE like this one.  Plus 5POA Pilot doesn't bother me since I already have lots of SA TIE Pilots. 

Guessing this TIE will still sadly be $40 like the TFA TIE was. Price of doing business I guess. Hopefully there will be some Target coupons or sales to help take the sting out.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One TIE Striker
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 12:12 PM »
Cool.

I know some people hate the Nerf element to the toys, but I remember playing with my Battlestar Galactica toys as a kid with the shooting missiles - not the "fixed" version that prevented them from firing.  I loved having a Cylon vs. Viper battle with my buddies where you could shoot the little plastic missiles at each other's ship.

I think having the Nerf functionality in both an Empire and Rebel ship will be a cool play feature.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 01:38 PM »
I love the look of this thing. And the NERF feature doesn't bother me. I could be wrong, but I think the NERF feature adds more kid sales than it takes away collector sales. So whatever.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 02:01 PM »
Seems at least to me the NERF thing is removable. Could be wrong, so pinch of salt and all that.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 10:12 AM »
Seems at least to me the NERF thing is removable.

Guy in the rebelscum forums posted some back of the box shots - looks like the NERF cannon on this one is non-removable and non-retractable...   :-\

Also looks like a single seat cockpit, despite how long the 'tube' is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 10:26 AM »
The Nerf thing is really ruining it for me. Especially because we know they can make them removable.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 12:42 PM »
On two darts, but at least neon green consistent with that one Darth Vader TIE release's missiles  :P

Not a two seater? Is there a thing on the back, looks to be a tab. For the wings, but the photos imply the wings move manually.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Yeah like Jeff this has my attention.  I'm not so sure it's off or off by much.  Looks like maybe the wings are if anything?

Even with the nerf I'm at least intrigued and may pick it up first week.

I'm eyeing the bigger ships at Walmart and such from TFA and figure if they clearance I'll bite.  This though is interesting to me like the speeders from TFA which were high quality IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 12:49 PM »
Official Hasbro press release:

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY 3.75-INCH TIE STRIKER Vehicle
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $39.99/Available: Fall 2016)
Chase down Rebel starships with the 3.75-inch scale IMPERIAL TIE STRIKER piloted by the Empire’s best IMPERIAL TIE FIGHTER PILOT! Recreate epic battle scenes from ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY with a NERF dart firing canon. Includes vehicle, figure, and 2 NERF darts. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 1, 2016, 09:13 PM »
Tie Striker In Hand Image Gallery at Jedi Insider

No back seat or whatever.  :(  There is a wing mechanism.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2016, 09:17 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 2, 2016, 02:03 AM »
That's a fair sized vehicle...  Bigger than I expected, really, given how vehicles have gone in recent years. 

Since there's no telling WHY it's shaped like it is, I'm ok with there not being a backseat...  There's not much known about this ship other than it apparently performs better in atmosphere than standard TIEs do.  The idea of a rear gunner ala a Stuka Dive Bomber was kind of neat though.  I'd have liked to have seen a TIE in that style, especially since this one's atmospheric tendencies make you think it has some kind of ground support role.

Anyway, Hot Wheels showed their TIE Striker...  The Hasbro one is either very proportional but undersized, or it's nicely scaled to figures which the Snowspeeder was too...  This is on my radar quite a bit more now for Force Friday. 

That TIE Pilot, for a 5POA figure, is pretty damn nice too.  I have oodles of TIE Pilots but that one will look ok mixed in with them for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 2, 2016, 03:04 AM »
It would have to be of limited use in space, since Nerf darts requires air to launch, right?  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: September 2, 2016, 02:21 PM »
Springs I think...  Perfect in 0 gravity.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 3, 2016, 11:29 AM »
I getting cautiously optimistic. Saw some more detailed pick over at RS and although the nerf tube isn't designed to be removed, it van be removed and/or adjusted with a philips head. It's much less an eye-sore after. It's really a shame, since the nerf assembly comes as a separate piece fixed to the bottom of the pod, too bad Hasbro couldn't have done what they did in the golden age (Legacy) and included an additional piece without the nerf launcher. The nerf holder attachments can be removed as well, but there's a shaft left behind.

That said, when I get one, if the modifications don't look too bad, I'll almost definitely pick up a several more.

ALSO;

This appears to be longer than the TIE Interceptor, so good scale.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2016, 12:41 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Now up on Amazon.com -> http://amzn.to/2dfihG4

(yeah, I know - gotta pay the bills though ;))