Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413544 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3645 on: July 11, 2020, 12:16 AM »
So it looks like the long rumored Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel was revealed today. This big guy is 26” tall, LED lights, 72 points of articulation, and includes a Bastion figure. $350 by August 24, anyone biting on this? I’d be partly tempted if we didn’t know another Star Wars TVC one was going to be announced this year as well. I can really only swing maybe one of these type of projects each year. Looks like it is closing in on 5000 of the 6000 needed backers in the first 12 ish hours though, wow..

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: July 11, 2020, 11:34 AM »
Hasbro is promising some bonuses to the backers if they hit some goals beyond the required 6,000 backers.  And based on the progress so far, they’re probably going to exceed the initial goal soon.  ML collectors seem pretty enthusiastic about this campaign.  And you have to suspect that some speculators are going to buy some of these with the intention of flipping them, especially seeing how the secondary market price of the sail barge has more than doubled within a year it’s release. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: July 11, 2020, 02:20 PM »
I don’t have a clue who Bastion is or why he comes with a tiny Sentinel head, but the big figure looks dope. This one will hit the goal for sure, good choice by them.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: July 11, 2020, 04:11 PM »
One day. That's impressive!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: July 11, 2020, 07:01 PM »
The campaign is quickly approaching the first sweetener.  The backer count is over 6,800 and at 7,000 Hasbro will include an alternate Master Mold head.  I would not be surprised if they pass 7k tonight. 

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: July 12, 2020, 03:09 PM »
OMG.  This campaign just blew through the 7K mark, and it's going to hit 8K some time this afternoon.  Hasbro hasn't even been able to post what the 8K level would be offering to backers yet.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: July 12, 2020, 05:37 PM »
OMG.  This campaign just blew through the 7K mark, and it's going to hit 8K some time this afternoon.  Hasbro hasn't even been able to post what the 8K level would be offering to backers yet.

Battle damaged head and hand

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: July 13, 2020, 04:07 PM »
9K mark has hit!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: July 13, 2020, 04:41 PM »
9K mark has hit!

Female Sentinel Prime?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: July 14, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Found a random Iron Man 2020 on the pegs at Walgreens today, had no idea this was coming out anytime soon. It wasn’t marked as an exclusive or anything either, but also no BAF part.

I was a big fan of the Machine Man miniseries where the character first debuted, so I grabbed him immediately. Will look nice fighting MM in my Legends display!

He is solo a Walgreen's Exclusive, not part of a BAF set.  Hit stores a couple of months back, but it was pretty quiet news with everything else going on in the world.  I feel like most Walgreen's exclusive stuff shows up like that out of no where.  They did a really nice job on this one - easily one of my favorite suits.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: July 31, 2020, 04:30 PM »
Had to make a Walgreens run last night and wound up snagging the Walgreens exclusive Moon Knight for Former JediDefender Poster Famine. They also had a few Iron Man 2020s. Haven't been in a WG since last fall searching for the Clone Kenobis that never hit, so it was KIND of refreshing to see new stuff among the mountain of Jyn Erso and Ant Man figures
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: July 31, 2020, 05:09 PM »
Had to make a Walgreens run last night and wound up snagging the Walgreens exclusive Moon Knight for Former JediDefender Poster Famine. They also had a few Iron Man 2020s. Haven't been in a WG since last fall searching for the Clone Kenobis that never hit, so it was KIND of refreshing to see new stuff among the mountain of Jyn Erso and Ant Man figures

I’ve been stopping in Walgreens every so often to check for Moon Knight as well, but nothing locally. The shelves are pretty full of Namor and Yellow Daredevils for the most part. I have seen the 2020 Iron Man though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: August 8, 2020, 03:21 PM »
Finally found Moon Knight on Friday, and after holding him in my hands for a few minutes, ended up passing. May change my mind but so far not feeling much regret.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: August 14, 2020, 11:25 PM »
Finally found Moon Knight on Friday, and after holding him in my hands for a few minutes, ended up passing. May change my mind but so far not feeling much regret.

Thanks for the head's up.  I'll have to start looking for this guy.  I am just about maxed on my Marvel Legends, but this is too good of an upgrade over the older version.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: August 17, 2020, 11:11 PM »
The 90s Retro Spider-Man case I preordered arrived today. I've only opened the Spidey figure, but it's a true work of art. Highly poseable, and the new sculpt hides a TON of articulation.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks