Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 88371 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #435 on: April 29, 2006, 10:37 PM »
Wow...

Roloson:
202 Shots Faced
188 Saves
93.1% Save%
2.42 GAA

Legace:
125 Shots Faced
111 Saves
88.8% Save%
2.43 GAA

The Red Wings are putting a TON of shots on goal, but Roli has been playing fantastic.  Everything looks so evely matched between the two goalies, but Roli is just playing so well... reminds me of 2003.   :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 29, 2006, 10:53 PM »
I wonder who might be a free agent at the end of spring?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #437 on: April 30, 2006, 04:44 AM »
Is Roloson really 36? I thought he was only in his mid to late 20s?
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #438 on: April 30, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Taking a page out of Dale's book...

:P :P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 05:41 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 30, 2006, 06:03 PM »
I hope this isn't my last trip to the GEC for the year. I'm about to head out the door (with TN-Daniel for those of you that know him) to watch game five nine rows from the glass. Best seats I've ever had there, so hopefully the extra cash plunked down will assure a victory!

Sully should be back to 100%, we're only running 6 Dmen tonight so Zids must be healthy, and Yanic is supposed to be back so hopefully all of this adds up to a big win. I don't want the season to be over yet  :-[

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 30, 2006, 06:40 PM »
I hear you Jamie.  I don't want my team's season to be over yet either.  I got the rare opportunity to see them play 3 times this year in 3 different cities (LA, Nashville and Detroit) and would have seen them against the Ducks on March 1st but I had just been transferred and that store had inventory that night.  Otherwise, it would have been 4 games in 4 cities against 4 different opponents and they won all 4.  Instead it was 3, 3 and 3.  Pretty awesome.  The Wings have had an amazing season and proved all the critics wrong who said the "new" NHL would be the end of the Wings.  I'm just frustrated with how the Wings have not made adjustments (not crashing the net for one), not played well in front of their own net and have gotten average goaltending.  Monday will show what they are made of...or else it's over.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 30, 2006, 11:49 PM »
I hope this isn't my last trip to the GEC for the year. I'm about to head out the door (with TN-Daniel for those of you that know him) to watch game five nine rows from the glass. Best seats I've ever had there, so hopefully the extra cash plunked down will assure a victory!

Sully should be back to 100%, we're only running 6 Dmen tonight so Zids must be healthy, and Yanic is supposed to be back so hopefully all of this adds up to a big win. I don't want the season to be over yet  :-[

Ouch. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 1, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Well that was a bitter pill to swallow. The Sharks absolutely outplayed us starting the 2nd game of the series.

That said, the officiating in this series was the worst I have ever seen. We got whistled for more five on three's in the span of four games than we did of the course of our last forty regular season games. San Jose's PP unit was unstoppable, and their PK unit was (usually) even better. We got manhandled, plain and simple. Size mattered in this series, and we were lacking it.

I'm seriously bummed, October can't come soon enough. I'm praying to the hockey gods that we dump every center we have except for Sillenger and maybe Yanic, and go after someone with some size. Johnson and Legwand must go. Worthless, totally and completely worthless.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #443 on: May 1, 2006, 02:16 AM »

West quarters
Wings over Oilers in 6
Avs over Stars in 7
Flames over Ducks in 6
Preds over Sharks in 6

East quarters
Sens over Lightning in 5
Hurricanes over Canadiens in 6
Devils over Rangers in 4
Flyers over Sabres in 7

Not to be a stickler, but like I said on Brent's picks, the top remaining seeds get the lowest remaining seeds, so everything after your 1st round picks is incorrect and impossible. 

In the West, the #1 Wings would actually play the #7 Avs in the 2nd round, #3 Calgary would face #4 Nashvillle.  In the East, the #1 Sens would face the #5 Flyers and the #2 Canes would face the #3 Devils. 

Sorry, just had to point out the obvious.

I guess I never updated my picks after the first round:

West semis
Avs over Wings in 7
Flames over Preds in 6

East semis
Sens over Flyers in 6
Devils over Canes in 6

West Finals
Avs over Flames in 6

East Finals
Devils over Sens in 6

Stanley Cup Finals
Avs over Devils in 7

I've done pretty good in the first round so far, my second round pick is off already though because Nashville lost, but i would have had them losing 2nd round anyways.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #444 on: May 1, 2006, 11:49 AM »
I watched a bit of the Avs/Stars game yesterday.

Sure looked like when Modano went down it just deflated the Stars.  They kind of limped into OT and then just didn't have enough offense to win it.

Makes me feel a little bit better about the Wild's average season - the Northwest division is representing itself well!   :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 1, 2006, 10:41 PM »
The Wings just got screwed on the Oilers 3rd goal.  Horcoff knocked the puck down with a high stick and Hemsky dragged his left foot to direct the puck in.  Total bull****!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 1, 2006, 10:49 PM »
The Wings just got screwed on the Oilers 3rd goal.  Horcoff knocked the puck down with a high stick and Hemsky dragged his left foot to direct the puck in.  Total bull****!

Ahhnn no!  :P  Wings suck & that's no bull****!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #447 on: May 1, 2006, 10:53 PM »
I've been watching the game...  I'm not so sure on that goal HoloE, I think that was the right call myself...  The guy's drug into the net by Lidstrom and I couldn't see the puck anywhere near his skate, so I don't know.  I'm curious to see it later though.

Dale I could almost hear you coming in...

Good game...  The action this playoff has been so superior to years past.  I think of the games today compared to the debacle in '93 when I was mother f'n the TV nightly because of the clutch & grab bs the Islanders did to the Pens... 

I'm loving OLN too, it just needs to be said.  I've been really happy with them all season and the playoff coverage is great. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 1, 2006, 11:02 PM »
An amazing season has come to an end far too soon.  Hats off to the Wings for proving everyone wrong and still being a powerhouse in the "new" NHL, but once again they let a lesser talented team outwork them ala Calgary and Anaheim.  I'm really, really sad right now cause I thought the Wings were Stanley Cup bound.  Bottom line is they got outworked by a team that just wanted it more, and with the leadership and veteran presence on the Wings, that's just unacceptable.  Changes need to be made and the first one will be in net, mark my words.  Hats off to the Oilers for bringing their A game and then some.

I stand by my call that the 3rd goal was BS and Smyth dove to draw the penalty (which the Oil's homer announcers called a "good veteran move"   ::)), but no excuses.  It should have never got to that point.  The Wings had a 2-0 lead in the third, the Oil had no life and the building was silent.  Williams took an awful (and that's being nice) penalty and that PP goal gave the Oilers life and momentum.  The Oilers got a gift down 3-2 but again, the Wings should never have let it get to that point.  Time to go drown my sorrows and look forward to October.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 1, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooo!

Come on Calgary, let the battle of Alberta begin!  ;D