Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" AT-ST Walker w/Driver  (Read 53232 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" AT-ST Walker w/Driver
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2018, 01:47 PM »
These finally hit $15 here so I picked up a couple over lunch. Sixty bucks for this thing just seems crazy in retrospect.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Hmmm... BBTS is offering these @ $24.99 with a Jan 2018 ship date.

Just got an alert from EE that they will be getting some Black Series AT-STs now too.

Not sure how EE thinks they are going to sell them for $59.99 when BBTS is charging $25 and Walmart is clearing them out for $15, but hey go for it I guess. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2018, 04:32 PM »
I made an excursion to some of the local WalMarts near me today.  I found one store that had at least 8 AT-ST's.  I couldn't find a price scanner that worked, so instead I scanned one with the WalMart app.  It rang up there at $36.  Not the $16 sweetheart deal I've seen some people posting, but it's a lot more of a bargain than it was at full price.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2018, 08:44 PM »
Brickseek shows the huge variation in price locally. Only stores with any AT-STs left are at stores that still haven't discounted from $60. I picked up two @ $15 last week, and my Wife got me one more on Monday.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2018, 08:53 PM »
I’ve been using that to scour the area and I cleared out 2 stores that were rural and blew them out for $15 a long time ago. 

So I did the same thing and both my local stores cleared the atsts out too so I pounced and got what they had.  Some not as local stores had them but the two I was watching sold out of 8 and 9 both in a day.

One store even shows -2 and the one local store I cleaned out shoes +2 somehow.  Weird.  But locally now all the atsts for $15 are gone and anything left anywhere is full price.  One store used to be my closest Wally and they have 9-10 so I’m watching them if they go to $15.  They were sorta selling slowly at $30 everywhere that discounted at first but the $15 was too good to pass up for anyone and some appeared to sell 9-10 in a single day.  My haul was 5 of them...  I love it and will custom some up.  They don’t eat up a ton of space too oddly enough.

I had so many of this already there was no way I’d pay $60 on them but I’m pretty happy I did get a bunch.  It’s still a great vehicle, regardless of deco.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #65 on: February 2, 2018, 12:03 AM »
I got a couple at $25 from BBTS. They should arrive tomorrow.

Man...if I found them for $15/per I would go nuts. The Walmart near me had them for $60 the last time I checked, and that's just not going to happen. I wish I could trade in my Endor AT-ST (the one with the 'never standing" action feature) to Hasbro for one of these new ones.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: February 2, 2018, 01:53 AM »
You gotta fix that Endor walker man!  Especially if you have Chewbacca and the Ewoks to drive it!  Slip some external lock washers into the weakest joint(s) and get it to stand tall and proud.

The $15 price yeah I have basically been willing to go clear a store out.  It’s a great vehicle and just fun to customize and have a bunch of them.  It’s one of those things I’m glad Hasbro made it and has released it this often, but I think they’re probably done on this now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 2, 2018, 10:19 AM »
You gotta fix that Endor walker man!  Especially if you have Chewbacca and the Ewoks to drive it!  Slip some external lock washers into the weakest joint(s) and get it to stand tall and proud.

Oh that fix is wonderful!  Hasn't fallen down since.  Thanks for the tutorial, Jesse.  I have the Elton John tune "I'm Still Standing" playing in the display case as well (No, I really don't) to celebrate the fix.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #68 on: February 2, 2018, 10:30 AM »
I have the Elton John tune "I'm Still Standing" playing in the display case as well (No, I really don't) to celebrate the fix.

This made my day.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2018, 05:19 PM »
No problem on the fix.

Also if people are looking for some alternative, harbor freight used to sell wheel weights in various ounces.  They’re small squares that have sticky backing to stick to your wheels to balance them after a tire change.  You can get them at auto parts stores too but more $.

Anyway these would help add some weight inside the feet and not be any permanent damage to it.  Just clean the area with an alcohol wipe first then stick them on.  Just thought I’d toss this in here too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 04:56 PM »
I have several of the Legacy ones, some have fallen and snapped joints over time.  I also have an Endor one with major standing issues, so I might have to try out the lock washer trick, though the weights for the feet sound like an interesting alternative.

As for the new one, I ought one at full price at Walmart when they first got them in.  Eventually I picked up 2 more of these at Ross for $22.99, and got 2 more in from BBTS recently.  Hope to eventually find a spot for them in dioramas.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2018, 06:06 PM »
If any of you guys stockpiling these don't need the drivers, please let me know.  I'd gladly buy up more of them and/or trade you something for them.  I'm looking for some extras to go in my ROTJ Shuttle landing display.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2018, 02:15 AM »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Imperial-AT-ST-Driver-Figure/133811432

$17.99 right now on WM.com, which is pretty damn good.  Order up.  Order a couple.  Whatever.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2018, 12:07 PM »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Imperial-AT-ST-Driver-Figure/133811432

$17.99 right now on WM.com, which is pretty damn good.  Order up.  Order a couple.  Whatever.

Out of stock now  :( Was a great price though
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2018, 02:03 PM »
If any of you guys stockpiling these don't need the drivers, please let me know.  I'd gladly buy up more of them and/or trade you something for them.  I'm looking for some extras to go in my ROTJ Shuttle landing display.

Would love to see that display.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."