Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion  (Read 35693 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2021, 09:45 AM »
The only thing that may entice me to pay is getting early access to SDCC exclusives, although even that this year was a bit of a mess and not a guarantee.  I managed to get the The Armorer, but didn't get Cad Bane.

As others have said, the free shipping alone isn't worth much of anything when Target and Amazon have pre-orders going up at the same time and offer free shipping.  Target even gives me a 5% discount for using their Red Card.

I'll be interested to see if they extend the free Premium service again or really make people pay for it.  I think the last time they extended the free service it came late and was a surprise.  I know I was still on the fence about it when it got extended last time.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2021, 09:57 AM »
I'm going to go back and look through my orders for the past year.  Because whether or not I opt back in is going to depend on what my actual shipping charges would have been.

The complicating factor for Pulse is that when a lot of these pre-orders get announced there's a rush for people to buy from Pulse.  And a lot of those presales will sell out quickly.  So will the number of orders I make from Hasbro Pulse over the next year make it worthwhile to buy the membership?  Will the shipping savings offset the cost of the membership?

....So, having just looked through my account, and the orders for 2020?  I had 24 orders from Pulse.  That would equate to about $2 and change per order for shipping.  With that in mind, plus the early access to some convention exclusives, I think I'm going to pay for the membership going forward.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:11 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2021, 10:21 AM »
I had 11 orders that shipped from them since last February, and another 7 that are currently pending / unfulfilled.  1 of those is a Razor Crest... 3 of them are the Retro wave which I was trying to get pre-orders in as things were becoming available or bouncing in and out of stock. 

So it's not a huge value, but if I shop like I did last year, it's probably worth it. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2021, 11:55 AM »
Aside from the two Razor Crests I ordered, I've only made 4 orders in 2020. Two were delivered, one is pending (unfulfilled) and the last I canceled, because Pulse was taking it's time on the Tantive hallways and Amazon had them in stock with free next-day shipping. How much is the membership? It kind of sucks to feel pressured into giving them money for a possible SDCC exclusive that I may or may not want. Free shipping doesn't really mean **** if nothing is ever in stock.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2021, 03:38 PM »
The Vintage Collection exclusives are the only reason I would re-up. But those were few and far between and only guaranteed an earlier attempt at the purchase.

I swear they used to waive the shipping charges on purchases over a certain amount but I can't find that info in their Shipping policy. The free shipping could help sway me.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2021, 05:26 PM »
I swear they used to waive the shipping charges on purchases over a certain amount but I can't find that info in their Shipping policy.

I like to keep an eye on this page for the latest deals they have running - https://hasbropulse.com/pages/promotional-terms

HasbroToyShop used to have lots of free shipping promos, but with Pulse, the free shipping has been much more limited as they hyped the Pulse Premium thing to get free shipping instead.  Free shipping promo codes do show up for Pulse from time to time, but not nearly as often as they did when they were HasbroToyShop.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2021, 05:40 PM »
I wonder if this email went out on purpose or if it was sent by a pre-programmed bot from a couple of years ago as we're all coming up on our renewal date.  Everything on their Website around Premium seems very out of date. 

Although it could be the same team that is picking Star Wars Vintage re-releases that is running the website...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2021, 11:44 PM »
I wonder if it will be worth it to re-up because a lot of people will not renew.  Time will tell.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2021, 04:36 AM »
I’ve thought of that same thing Matt...  does a drop in members mean the service then becomes worth it since figures are more available?  While I spent last year, my spending decreased dramatically as the year wore on.  For whatever reason, pulse went from a reliable place to preorder to them having incredibly short preorder windows on much of their product.  The Gonk wave seemed to be among the earliest to start to sell out immediately.

I would be a pulse member if they could somehow guarantee accounts two figure limited preorders, or some format like that.  I’d be a loyal pulse subscriber and general customer.  But they don’t seem interested in that, or I’d think they’d have mentioned it.  Something akin to that was in a questionnaire they sent out but nothing seemed to come of any of it.

For me Amazon has now become more reliable with EE and bbts next.  Pulse, it’s usually PO sold out before I’m even off work, or hell, before I even get a moment at work to try with my phone to get an order in.

I loved pulse when it worked but when it doesn’t, I’m just hard pressed to pay for that then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2021, 01:11 PM »
Does anyone recall how much the subscription is?  I got mine free with a purchase like most, so kind of need the cost to know if its going to be worth it.  I'll probably renew if its $10-15 as you can eat that up quickly with just a few orders.  If its $25 or more, I might be out.  I can never find what I want in stock there anymore and need the extra money to pay up for things on Ebay if this is the model going forward.  I like the speculation that more stock will be available with fewer members, but not sure I buy it.  I think a lot of people will just pay the extra shipping to lock in a pre-order - still better than having to pay sold out prices on Ebay or somewhere else.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2021, 01:38 PM »
I thought it was $50 for the year.  As to whether that's what it costs now, I have no idea...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2021, 01:42 PM »
I thought it was $50 for the year.  As to whether that's what it costs now, I have no idea...

I would be out at that price.  I've probably bought enough items to offset that with shipping, but paying $50 when I could order at most other places for truly free shipping?  No thanks.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2021, 02:03 PM »

I would be out at that price.  I've probably bought enough items to offset that with shipping, but paying $50 when I could order at most other places for truly free shipping?  No thanks.

Agreed.  I would only be in it for the exclusives, and right now those are coin tosses as to if you can land one with a membership.

It's probably better to bank that $50 and spend it on scalped exclusives on eBay.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2021, 09:01 PM »
I dunno if I order enough to justify paying for the membership. BUT, getting preview night access for Comic-Con is.  8)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2021, 10:04 PM »
True.  I wasn’t even thinking about convention exclusives when I was trying to decide. 

I’ll probably pay for it.