Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 101154 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2004, 11:20 PM »
Or as the HTF and DVDTalk posters like to say - "sell us back our childhoods."  ::)

That's what they're saying over there, in those threads that I haven't been paying any attention to?  Oh, dear.  I'm glad I've been staying away, then.  

I mean, yeah, film preservation is an important thing, and I want the originals just as much as anything else, but, come on.  Those original prints are somewhere--there's no way that they're lost forever, and you're right, as soon as the well starts to run dry on Star Wars--no doubt we'll see some new versions of those original prints.  "FIRST TIME RELEASED SINCE 1995!!!", they'll say.

Oh well.

I wanted to say it earlier, but forgot to mention it:  

I don't give a crap, about this, really.  It's not exciting to me.  I've got a ton of the VHS versions, and two different sets of the bootlegs, and can't remember the last time I watched any of them.  It's been at least a year or so.  And I don't imagine that I'll have an urge to watch the films again until the new DVDs come out in September.

(Now, I just might want to upgrade to a DDEX receiver, and a DLP TV before they come out, but still. . .)   ;)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Well, 20 odd pages in over in those threads, and yeah, that's about what they're complaining about.

And like you say, regarding the unmolested OT, I can wait to see them again too. The LDs are in the closet and can dragged out if I really need a fix or whatever. I'd prefer they actually skip DVD at this point anyhow, and deliver them on an HD format down the road.

Come September, I'll probably get really excited about owning the SEs, just like the Indy discs, then end up skimming through them, just like Indy. I don't know, if it were several years ago, and DVD was the pinnacle of available image quality, I'd be drooling. But I think that time has long passed. Now I'm basically content that they'll be of good quality. What I really would like this year are 1080i D-Theater tapes of them. That would be pretty dang special and a good holdover until HD-DVD.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2004, 02:05 AM »
Anyone have this?

From DavisDVD:

"So how's this for strange: prolific serial killer Gary Ridgway's confessions are now available on DVD. Ridgway, whose two-decade rampage around the northeastern city of Seattle, dumped the bodies of his victims in clusters close to the Green River - a practice that earned him the moniker of the "Green River Killer." The 109-disc DVD-ROM set, compiled by Chameleon Data, includes more than 400 hours of video and nearly 8,500 pages of interview transcripts in which Ridgway recounts the grisly details of his 18-year crime spree. The discs, which comprise 106 days of interviews that took place between June 13 and December 16 2003, also include video footage of field trips Ridgway took with detectives to sites where he left bodies. The retail price for the set is $2220, but the public should be able to access the data at the King County Law Library in the next several weeks."
.........................................................................................................

Fullscreen only.   >:(
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2004, 11:57 AM »
Timeline--that came out around Thanksgiving, no?  Based off the typical six-month window, that would put it around May sometime, probably.  And generally, the studios will announce their DVDs around two-to-three months before their release date.  (They're just now announcing the stuff for late March to early/mid-April).

So, I'll say somewhere around mid-April to mid-May, and, just for sh!ts and giggles, I'll say April 27th--and when they announce it, we'll see how close I was.

:-\

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 27th:

http://thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

I f--king rule.

From The Digital Bits:

"We've also gotten word today that Paramount has moved up the street date on Timeline. It had tentatively been set for 4/27, but now look for it on 4/13."

B!tches.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2004, 12:49 PM »
From DavisDVD:

"New Line Home Entertainment will release the third and final installment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy - The Return of the King - on May 25th. This two-disc set, featuring the 201-minute theatrical cut, will be available in separate anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen editions, each complimented by a Dolby Digital 5.1 EX soundtrack. Over on the second disc look for a collection of behind-the-scenes featurettes, featurettes created for the lordoftherings.net (including Aragorn's Destiny, Battle of Pelennor Fields, Digital Horses, Eowyn White Lady of Rohan, Minas Tirith and Samwise the Brave), Annie Lennox "Into the West" music video, trailers and TV spots, an inside look at the extended four-disc edition of "The Return of the King" and DVD-ROM content. Retail will be $29.95."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2004, 01:00 PM »
Who cares...?   ::)

When the hell's the Extended Edition coming?!?   :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 16, 2004, 01:09 PM »
When the hell's the Extended Edition coming?!?

When they release the 89 DVD set!  :P   ;D

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2004, 01:37 PM »
Who cares...?   ::)

When the hell's the Extended Edition coming?!?   :-*

Probably in August three months after the DVD release!

I am excited for this release it is 5 days after my b-day!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 01:40 PM by Mainland05 »
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

SilverZ

« Reply #233 on: February 16, 2004, 09:40 PM »
Dah, I'll buy both, as usual.  ::)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2004, 09:45 PM »
i havent even got the Extended Editions yet?  I really want them very bad though! :-[

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2004, 11:34 PM »
Anyone care to make a wager with me that the Extended Edition for ROTK won't be coming out in August?

If anyone wants to take me up on it, and it comes out in August, I'll buy your copy for you.  

I'm still saying it's coming out in November--if it does, you owe me a copy.

'Course, if it comes out in September or October, everybody's s.o.l. . . .

:-\

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2004, 11:47 PM »
your so sure of yourself, arent you virex.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2004, 11:49 PM »
your so sure of yourself, arent you virex.

Sure that it won't be coming out in August?

Yeah, Gilligan.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2004, 12:17 AM »
hey i actually watched Gilligans Island today, it was wierd, damn Gilligan is hella dumb, i cant stand him!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2004, 12:23 AM »
damn Gilligan is hella dumb, i cant stand him!