Author Topic: "New Look" Black Series 6" Rebels Re-Releases  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
"New Look" Black Series 6" Rebels Re-Releases
« on: May 28, 2020, 03:48 PM »
Look for full set of press images later...

The Rebels crew (Chopper, Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, Ahsoka) are all being re-released this summer in the new Black Series 6" packaging to go along with the new Deluxe $30 Zeb.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:21 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: "New Look" Black Series 6" Rebels Re-Releases
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 06:01 PM »
Gamestop has them all as a bundle for $134.99 and free shipping.

I just preordered that set due to the discount. I wonder if they're expecting the figures to pegwarm due to the preorder discount.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 08:18 AM »
Anyone have any strong feelings on the updated faces on these? I've been looking at the comparison photos on Dorkside, but I'm not sure how impartial those are.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 01:21 PM »
On one hand, I like the updated deco on some of these figures.  But Ezra came out at a time when facial paint apps had already been improved, and Chopper didn't really need that treatment either.

And frankly, I'm a little put off by this as a way to launch a line.  I mean seriously, has Hasbro learned ANYTHING over the years?  Launching a line with repacks in the first wave AGAIN?????  There's just a litany of Hasbro Star Wars lines that got bogged down with reissues in their first waves.

STAR WARS ACTION FLEET (2002) - The Action Fleet line got resurrected with a package redesign by Hasbro for the Episode II toy line.  So naturally they offered reissues first which littered the shelves and prevented new vehicles from being released.

STAR WARS BLACK SERIES (3.75" WalMart Exclusives - 2015) - Again, more reissues.  This time it was a Darth Vader that had been released who knows how many times, a VOTC Chewbacca that got considerable mileage, and a TVC Luke Skywalker that had only been out a year or so before.  And no new figures until wave 2, which still had one reissue.  And of course the reissues pegwarmed!

THE VINTAGE COLLECTION RETURNS (2018) - Wave 1 was all reissues except for 1 figure.  And we're still dealing with some of these lingering in stores.

I didn't include the OTC or the Discover The Force lines just so I wouldn't be beating this topic into the ground, but does anyone else detect a pattern?  There's all of this past performance we can point to, yet Hasbro is going to launch a Rebels themed Black Series wave with only one new figure. SMH...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 01:25 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 11:28 PM »

I just preordered that set due to the discount. I wonder if they're expecting the figures to pegwarm due to the preorder discount.

I just ordered a set there too, couldn’t pass up that price and I’m closer than ever to giving up on physical stores entirely, so this works for me.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2020, 11:35 AM »

Just pre-ordered there as well.  Too good of a deal to pass up.  Now if they can just ship my Dooku, Bly, or TFU Commander I'll actually have some confidence that they actually deliver product to people's houses.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2020, 01:19 PM »
That is a sweat deal but I can't bring myself to rebuy all of these. I'll pick and choose.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2020, 01:20 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2020, 04:12 PM »
Nice set and very tempting!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2020, 11:45 AM »
I probably don't need the new Chopper, but the updated sculpts on the rest made me feel like I'd regret not getting these later on.  I was sort of on the fence until I saw the bundle set.  The reduced price and locking them all in ahead of time was enough to sell it for me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 01:25 AM »
It seems GameStop just charged my PayPal account for this wave, but not the whole thing. Based on the discrepancy it looks like maybe they left out Zeb?

Will be curious to see what I actually get.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 6, 2020, 11:54 PM »
It seems GameStop just charged my PayPal account for this wave, but not the whole thing. Based on the discrepancy it looks like maybe they left out Zeb?

Will be curious to see what I actually get.

Update - received a shipping notice tonight, but it did not have Kanan or Ahsoka listed so not sure what is up there. Hope there is not an issue with those two. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 9, 2020, 11:18 AM »
I have the same situation - got a shipping notice that everyone is coming except for Ahsoka and Kanan.

The other weird thing is that it seems like I have two shipments coming, but the Gamestop site only shows the one, so I'm VERY curious to see what actually arrives....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 9, 2020, 11:48 AM »
On one hand, I like the updated deco on some of these figures.  But Ezra came out at a time when facial paint apps had already been improved, and Chopper didn't really need that treatment either.

And frankly, I'm a little put off by this as a way to launch a line.  I mean seriously, has Hasbro learned ANYTHING over the years?  Launching a line with repacks in the first wave AGAIN?????  There's just a litany of Hasbro Star Wars lines that got bogged down with reissues in their first waves.

STAR WARS ACTION FLEET (2002) - The Action Fleet line got resurrected with a package redesign by Hasbro for the Episode II toy line.  So naturally they offered reissues first which littered the shelves and prevented new vehicles from being released.

STAR WARS BLACK SERIES (3.75" WalMart Exclusives - 2015) - Again, more reissues.  This time it was a Darth Vader that had been released who knows how many times, a VOTC Chewbacca that got considerable mileage, and a TVC Luke Skywalker that had only been out a year or so before.  And no new figures until wave 2, which still had one reissue.  And of course the reissues pegwarmed!

THE VINTAGE COLLECTION RETURNS (2018) - Wave 1 was all reissues except for 1 figure.  And we're still dealing with some of these lingering in stores.

I didn't include the OTC or the Discover The Force lines just so I wouldn't be beating this topic into the ground, but does anyone else detect a pattern?  There's all of this past performance we can point to, yet Hasbro is going to launch a Rebels themed Black Series wave with only one new figure. SMH...

Well this didn't age very well...  ::)

A couple of things changed my mind on this subject.  First?  Some comparison photos that were posted showing the original releases next to the updated versions.  I was shocked to see how much better the new releases were in comparison to the originals.  And when GameStop announced that they were going to offer the entire wave as a discounted bundle?  I placed my order.

MOST of it just arrived from GameStop.com.  But Kanan and Ahsoka are still MIA.  But as first impressions go, these look pretty good.  Zeb is REALLY substantial!  And I get why he was slated as a Deluxe figure.  And the improved paint apps make this version of Sabine look much better than the first release.

I think I might sell off my originals, except for Chopper.  Because you always need more droids!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 9, 2020, 03:29 PM »
Just had my partial order delivered from GameStop. Like everyone else, it’s everyone except for Ahsoka and Kanan.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 9, 2020, 06:44 PM »
I got mine today too, I’ve only compared a few of them close up but the differences are noticeable for sure.

I really like the new boxes and have been considering leaving these MISB. I hate the thought of buying extras for the few I would want to display though, like Zeb and Teebo.

Curious to see what’s up with the other two and when those may ship.