Author Topic: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 02 (Walmart)  (Read 6819 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 02 (Walmart)
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2020, 05:16 PM »
I just got a shipping notice from Walmart for the Loyalist.  None of the others are shipping yet, but this one appears to be on its way with an arrival scheduled for Tuesday.

Same. And this should be fun considering I moved since I preordered these, and Walmart doesn't allow you to change addresses on preorders. Maybe I can call USPS and have them hold it at my local post office.

Freaking Walmart. So here’s my experience with this. These were preordered in what, July? I moved in October. Walmart for some bizarre reason won’t let you change the shipping address on preorders. So all of these are shipping to my old residence. With the Mando Loyalist, thankfully the new resident turned the package into the leasing office, so I was able to snag it. As I did that, I got the message that the Mando Super Commando shipped. This time they used FedEx instead of USPS, so I had to wait a day for everything to enter the system, and was thankfully able to redirect the package through FedEx.

I’m hoping they use FedEx again for Ahsoka and the 332nd Clone but who knows. I’m sure it will be a nightmare of individual packages.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 06:43 AM »
Walmart is just not nimble as a business.  I've had an account with their online store for ages.  As a result I also had an ancient email address associated with my account, including when I placed the order for this wave.  Bit by bit I've been migrating a lot of my accounts for online retailers to my current email, including Walmart.  But Walmart just keeps sending communications to my old email address which was what I had associated with my account when I placed this order in July.

As for Walmart's shipping for this wave so far?  It's all over the place!  One item was sent UPS all the way.  Another was UPS with the last mile handled by USPS.  And the current shipment that's en route is USPS, and the info on that has been spotty because I wasn't able to get tracking data updates for ANYTHING on the USPS app for days. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 12:49 PM »
Got my Super Commando in the mail yesterday.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2020, 09:57 AM »
My Mandalorian Super Commando arrived yesterday.  A really well done figure!  I think the blaster rifle might have been a nice accessory, but that's just a picking point.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2020, 09:46 PM »
So, I had 3/4 of these lined up, but have been struggling to find a Loyalist.  Walmart put the three I have back up on their site last week for a little while, so I ordered two more Super Commandos (I like 2x of most troops and was hoping I could trade one or both for a Loyalist).  Go my package today and instead of two Super Commandos, they shipped 2 Loyalists!  Woohoo!  Thanks Walmart.  :-*
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2020, 09:22 PM »
Got a weird email tonight saying that my Clone Trooper and Super Commando were delayed until 12/22, but I already received my Super Commando.  ???

Maybe they meant Ahsoka because she’s yet to show up either.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2020, 01:57 AM »
I got an email saying that my order has a new ship date of midnight. That was literally the email. No details about the order itself (would either be Ahsoka or the Clone since I have both Mandos), no release date, only the odd midnight release time. ???

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2020, 10:29 AM »
Got a weird email tonight saying that my Clone Trooper and Super Commando were delayed until 12/22, but I already received my Super Commando.  ???

Maybe they meant Ahsoka because she’s yet to show up either.

I got the same email, and twice within about four hours.  I don't have anything else on order with them other than the Clone Trooper, so I'm guessing its just a glitch in their crappy system.

The good news is that I've received 2/3 of my pre-orders correctly.  Hopefully they come through on the Clone Trooper too, even if it is delayed.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2020, 11:35 AM »
Yet another example of how Walmart sucks.  I got that email and was equally puzzled.  I got the 2 x Mandalorian Loyalists and the 1 x Mandalorian Super Commando that I ordered, all separately, of course.

Checking the Walmart app?  My 2 x 332nd Clones and Ahsoka all show a status of Delayed - check back later for status update - Preparing order

I'm still thinking that these will show up in stores later this week.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 2, 2020, 02:01 AM »
Got an email this afternoon that my Ahsoka has shipped. Kind of surprising since I’ve heard that Walmart was canceling some preorders (and then re-listing the figures as in stock  ::) ).

Also got an email saying my Clone was delayed until January 15 but who the heck even knows with that.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 2, 2020, 09:13 AM »
I got similar notifications.  I felt a bit better when I got a tracking number for Ahsoka.  As for the Clone Troopers? We’ll see. 

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 2, 2020, 09:26 AM »
My Mandalorian Loyalist arrived a week back shipped in a bag with ZERO protection/padding. So you can imagine how that showed up.

Today, according to the tracking number, I should be getting Ahsoka - fingers crossed that she arrives in a box and not a bag.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 2, 2020, 10:39 AM »
I also got a shipping notice yesterday for Ahsoka. That one is going to a friend since I already found her in store, but I do hope I still get that Clone Trooper because I really wanted a pair of those guys.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 4, 2020, 01:17 PM »
My Ahsoka arrived today, thankfully in a box. But it just barely fit in there.  Their mishandling of this wave is just another in a long line of Walmart exclusives (going back to the Episode 1 ammo wagon and the POTJ Masters of the Dark Side) that gives me reason to really dislike Walmart getting exclusives for the Hasbro Star Wars line.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2020, 01:18 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 4, 2020, 04:25 PM »
Got mine too, also boxed, luckily in good condition.  :)

Fingers crossed for the Clone Trooper!