Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 591373 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1380 on: April 2, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Was it the ******?

Kevin

you should be banned for talking about that kev.. lol

btw I was banned from scum.. but i did kinda force it on them..

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 2, 2005, 09:37 PM »
I think as long as it remains a thread mourning the passing of a great man, that it should stay open. I mean Dustin said that the other one would have stayed open had their not been any arguments. And so far 2 mods have replied, including me.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1382 on: April 2, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Wow. All I have to say, wow.

I've been in Florida on vacation for the past week and had internet for a few days before the hotel had problems with their provider or something. Now, for something a bit more interesting... I have as well been banned from RebelScum and received the following e-mail from Philip Wise.

"Hi Chris,

As I've mentioned before to you, and it continues to be apparent, many of
your site staff just can't seem to make it a day without publically
attacking RS, the forums and the staff. This is not something I'd ever allow
and would address immediately if it was brought to my attention.

I personally don't understand why you allow this kind of behaviour, but
clearly you do.

Please inform your staff they may no longer use our forum."

Screw you Phil. I would like to say that I have never ONCE in all years of my posting at Scum, not ONCE have I ever been so much as WARNED about a comment. I have done absolutely NOTHING to warrant this. RebelScum is disgusting and I don't feel bad saying it out in the open now. Before this, I found it in poor taste on my part to openly just trash talk, but everything has come full circle and I'm not too worried.

I'm not going to stoop to levels of a site-sponsored attack against RebelScum, but please, if you feel in any way you have been mistreated, or even if you have not and just enjoy it here- TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO COME HERE. STOP POSTING OVER THERE. The only way to stop this stupid **** and get back to having fun is to not go to RebelScum. Do not endorse them. Complaining over here is great for venting, but in the end will get us nowhere. The only thing you can do is cease using RebelScum.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 2, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Wow. All I have to say, wow.

I've been in Florida on vacation for the past week and had internet for a few days before the hotel had problems with their provider or something. Now, for something a bit more interesting... I have as well been banned from RebelScum and received the following e-mail from Philip Wise.

"Hi Chris,

attacking RS, the forums and the staff. This is not something I'd ever allow
and would address immediately if it was brought to my attention.

I personally don't understand why you allow this kind of behaviour, but
clearly you do.

Please inform your staff they may no longer use our forum."

Screw you Phil. I would like to say that I have never ONCE in all years of my posting at Scum, not ONCE have I ever been so much as WARNED about a comment. I have done absolutely NOTHING to warrant this. RebelScum is disgusting and I don't feel bad saying it out in the open now. Before this, I found it in poor taste on my part to openly just trash talk, but everything has come full circle and I'm not too worried.

I'm not going to stoop to levels of a site-sponsored attack against RebelScum, but please, if you feel in any way you have been mistreated, or even if you have not and just enjoy it here- TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO COME HERE. STOP POSTING OVER THERE. The only way to stop this stupid **** and get back to having fun is to not go to RebelScum. Do not endorse them. Complaining over here is great for venting, but in the end will get us nowhere. The only thing you can do is cease using RebelScum.

I was wondering about what your status was at RS Chris, I figured it would be the same as the other guys here. 
As far as telling people about JD, last night that what I was doing at MM while standing in line.  People where asking me questions about different stuff; C3, which figures were going to be out etc.  I told them if they had online access they should check out JD.com or GH.com.  Not once did I tell them about RS.  Hopefully while in lines at C3 we can tell more people about our community here at JD.

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #1384 on: April 2, 2005, 10:40 PM »
Alright, I refrained from making this post because I thought what's the since just stop posting over there.However, this goes to character assasination  and enough is enough. Phillip is a petty petty man pathetic and irrational. He needs to be exposed for what he is as to mirror Chris thoughts I'm making this post. This is a email I received from phillip regarding a post I made a while ago. I look at this circumstance as my vindication I know this guys an ass and he should be held accountable. I will be writing both hasbro and TRU his sponsers as to why I own't participate at his site and why I belive his site is harming the business of TRU.  Pay attention as to how quick he is to point fingers and call names.

Read from the bottom up .

Stating an opinion and stating a fact are very different things.

You stated information that was factually incorrect, not as your opinion, but as a given fact. I have not been unclear about this in my emails to you.

With the email I just got from Mike, directing me to the statement he made on March 1 at Jedi Defender, I think it's pretty clear you were quite mistaken in your post.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=28;action=display;threadid=3830;start=msg48612#msg48612

Now that it's very clear that I didn't steal the forums from Mike, you will see that I had every right to be unhappy with your mudslinging.

Generally, I find an apology the honorable way to deal with a mistake like this.
Regards... Philip Wise
philip@rebelscum.com
http://www.rebelscum.com
http://www.theforce.net

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 6:22 PM
To: philip@rebelscum.com
Subject: RE: you mean more than phillip robbing the BHC forums from mike. Scum is an appropriate title.

So people in your forums can not have there own Opinons? That's essentialy what your telling me.  Why your beginning to sound like our president of this great free country Why on earth would I want to post in a forum that it's own adminstrator easily upset from an "untrue statement" . There really is no need to post a final statement because according to you i won't becoming back...I haven't really been over there since the two sites merged so I'm not really losing anything. As a north Texas collector I can tell you there was a time when I enjoyed visiting your site it's unfortunate that when   a younger collector should ask me my opinion of your site, my opinion will be tainted by this incident with the admnistrator. I'll probably suggest the shop elsewhere for better content.  I stated my opinion and I'm not sorry for doing it. Best wishes. I appreciate your personal care towards this matter.

Regards,

Gary Mellar

>From: "Philip Wise" <philip@rebelscum.com>
>To: "'Gary Mellar'" <ganddi@hotmail.com>
>CC: <mike@galactichunter.com>
>Subject: RE: you mean more than phillip robbing the BHC forums from mike. Scum is an appropriate title.
>Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 17:57:47 -0500
>
>You're right. I take things like this personal. To state such a thing, even
>if true in our community, is irresponsible. Since it's untrue, which you can
>easily verify from Mike, you owe me and the forum a complete, total sincere
>apology. Which should frankly be your last post in the Rebelscum forums.
>
>You need not worry about the forum here. We're doing just fine serving the
>community.
>
>Regards... Philip Wise
>philip@rebelscum.com
>http://www.rebelscum.com <http://www.rebelscum.com/>
>http://www.theforce.net <http://www.theforce.net/>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Gary Mellar [mailto:ganddi@hotmail.com]
>Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 5:52 PM
>To: philip@rebelscum.com
>Cc: mike@galactichunter.com
>Subject: RE: you mean more than phillip robbing the BHC forums from mike.
>Scum is an appropriate title.
>
>
>
>Hmmm, seems like I hit a nerve. Now I see why your forums have turned into
>what they have, it starts from the top down. Phillip with all do respect
>your qucik to name call that's not a very responsible postion to take.    If
>I am the "idiot"then correct me.  I really don't think I'm missed
>informed,but you can clear things up for me just on the off chance I am. I
>can listen attentively without needless name calling. I would expect the
>same from someone of your capacity.   I do appreciate your personal
>attention.
>
>Regards,
>
>Gary Mellar

> >From: "Philip Wise" <philip@rebelscum.com>
> >To: <ganddi@hotmail.com>
> >CC: <mike@galactichunter.com>
> >Subject: you mean more than phillip robbing the BHC forums from mike. Scum
>is an appropriate title.
> >Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 15:28:29 -0500
> >
> >Infamy,
> >
> >You're and idiot.
> >
> >For posting crap like that.
> >
> >As Mike if he didn't leave voluntarily and leave the forums voluntarily.
> >
> >Either you don't know the truth or you are a liar, either way, the post is
> >irresponsible.
> >
> >Regards... Philip Wise
> >philip@rebelscum.com
> >http://www.rebelscum.com
> >http://www.theforce.net
> >
>
>   _____
>
>FREE pop-up blocking with the  <http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2728??PS=> new MSN
>Toolbar - get it now!
>

« Last Edit: April 2, 2005, 10:44 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 2, 2005, 10:59 PM »
more evidence. woot

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 3, 2005, 12:49 AM »
You rock Chris.  :)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 3, 2005, 09:07 AM »
Text deleted...

No no guys...

Sorry Ook, I took your post away.

Let's stop talking about this now folks.

And I'm going to reiterate that I don't want people here to be involved with trouble there...  You're free to do what you want on your own time of course, but it's my opinion (and the rest of the staff here at Jedi Defender) that your best voice is to walk away if you don't want in over there rather than make attempts to be banned.

But as for this end of the topic, I want the discussion stopped (publicly) of the seemingly inappropriate photo linked to over there...  That includes descriptions, insinuation, etc.

Thanks guys/gals

JJ
Sorry about the overly colorful description of the aforementioned. :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1388 on: April 3, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Not a problem Ook, it's all good now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1389 on: April 4, 2005, 05:20 AM »
"Hi Chris,

attacking RS, the forums and the staff.

I want very badly to publicly call Philip out on this bogus statement, as this is the same LYING response he gave over in the RS forums for the JD staff member's bannings.

Yes, we all know that I caused some hoopla over there by telling Jimbo to shut up and stop trolling everyone, and for going after matkatnadam for being a filthy scalper and a total idiot, but beyond that, I desperately want to see Philip's evidence (including links) as to what our other staff members have done over at Rebelscum to be considered bad behavior, or attacking RS, or in any violation of their rules whatsoever.  If I still had an account there, I'd ask him exactly that, right in their Wuher's board.  Show us the evidence supporting your claims there Philip!  ::)

Show me what jokabofe did please.  That's right, you can't, 'cause he hasn't posted over there in MONTHS.  Show me what Nataku or Jesse James did there.  Nope, nothing bad from those guys either.  Hell, show me what I did for that matter, that about 30 other Rebelscummer's didn't also do, without recourse.  Nope, once again, you can't.  Berry hasn't posted there in months either.  DSJ?  No, he's obviously done nothing.  Kneel Before Zod?  Not much there either...

The whole thing is a big line of bull**** orchestrated by Philip, who's obviously becoming extremely paranoid about JediDefender, and the fact that he's losing most of his "adult" members to here for the past couple of years.  That's all this is about - competition.  And Philip doesn't want any.  There's no proof whatsoever backing up his claims, other than a couple posts in the RS spam thread in their feedback section.  But when you consider how many people yelled at Philip for that and didn't get punished, that can't be his excuse either.  It was just him being petty, and nervous.  That's it.  He's proven what a whimp he is by not even addressing the issue with all of us who he's summarliy banned.  He just has Dustin continuously hit us with their standard form banning e-mail, with no reasons included whatsoever.  I asked them several times for reasons, and they couldn't supply me with a single one.

But the fact that I got banned about 2 minutes after I posted some crap about them here speaks volumes as to one of the real reasons.

Philip disgusts me, and as Gary has already pointed out above, has NO right to have the forums that he does.  Those were Mike's, and Philip stole the **** from him - whether it was figuratively, or literally.  But nobody should be in charge of a community full of fans and collectors, when they're no longer one themself.  Businessmen have no place running a Star Wars site, and that's all Philip is anymore.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 05:27 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1390 on: April 4, 2005, 06:30 AM »
He just has Dustin continuously hit us with their standard form banning e-mail, with no reasons included whatsoever.

Wow!

So should I thank Dustin for not clogging my email box then?  Because I didn't even get the courtesy of a letter, haha.  :)  I was just not allowed in one day...

I dunno Dustin from a hole in the ground to comment on the guy...  I am sure he's just "doing his job" as it were so I try not to be too hard on him.  He's perhaps just loyal to his boss...  Plus, I think it's not Dustin's job to handle Phlip's work.  It's obvious he was the one who was involved in this, made this decision, and his lack of communication is what I have no respect for.  He's old enough, and experienced enough (I'd think) to know better than that, and to handle things in a better manner more befitting a man of his age/stature.

Like I said, my biggest disappointment isn't being locked from a site I really didn't have much interest in anyway.  I learned to live w/out after 1 day, it's all good. 

My disappointment was in a man I had some respect for, who I thought better of overall, and in finding out that he wasn't anything I imagined.  I was, simply, disappointed in Philip, and that's that.  He's welcome to do as he pleases though, and I'm welcome to look at it and judge it as negative when I know I'd not have acted/reacted in the same manner. 

I too am a businessman, a Star Wars fan, and at least am a staff member (just not running the show, but Chris allows us all to have a voice as clear as his own) for a SW site that sees its own fair share of traffic daily.

I know what I'd have done, and I know it wouldn't have taken any pointers from my experiences at Rebelscum.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 4, 2005, 12:13 PM »
Kneel Before Zod?  Not much there either...

In fairness, I haven't been banned yet.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 4, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I asked to be banned, personally. Over the course of my registration there, things just never got any better. To be perfectly honest, I'm ashamed to have begged to be re-instated after the whole Vader/Hitler superimposed RS banner. It's how I felt, how I have always felt, and after reading the musings of the once reputable P. Wise, even stronger than before.

The amount of censorship, undisclosure, and utter nullification of virtually anything considered fun was just the last straw. Rebelscum apparently enjoys their status as the illuminati of Star Wars collecting boards, otherwise, they wouldn't continue to observe ludicrous standards and practices, including a hang-up that only seems to be observed by one person, in post padding.

Naturally, as my desire to collect dwindled down to zilch, I still enjoyed the company of the people I posted with for the past 4 1/2 years. They take away the only two threads of interest, for undisclosed or just really ******* stupid reasons, i.e. post padding, I'm gone. Of course, the absolute last straw was demoting Tommy without an explanation, then Dustin having the last word.

My original correlation was right on the money after all. Imagine that.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 4, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Kneel Before Zod?  Not much there either...

In fairness, I haven't been banned yet.

Because your local and probobly know where he lives.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 4, 2005, 02:47 PM »
Keep an eye out for Probe Droids, complete with a fishing rod, neon green shorty shorts, and a beard.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 02:47 PM by Cine »