Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588097 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3810 on: November 21, 2009, 03:21 AM »
This is some funny stuff.  It made me feel like it was 5 or 6 or 9 or whatever many years ago that everyone that used to hang at CSW made the mass exodus from the hostile take-over.

Let me preserve the post that kicked off the above linked thread though because inevitably Greg(g) will remove it I think.

TV's or Television?

So what are your thoughts, is it a TV or a Television?

GNT wrote:
As your probably aware it's the same thing just like Television vs TV. This thread is pointless and it appears your looking for trouble, if you want to be banned let me know and I can take care of it in a minute or two. 

As for fun your allowed to have fun here provided it's not useless, looking for trouble isn't a good start to a thread.

Ok, back up your words you thread locking Modzi. Ban me. If we can't have fun on this forum then there's no use for it. You lock so many threads it makes my head hurt, it's about time someone called you out. I for one won't back down.

Not to usurp Mojorisin's calling him out either, but many have called Greg(g) out on his rampant stupid locking of posts, and his rampant stupidity in general over there. :)  And most of us were banned at some point for it.  It's nice to see he's getting his balls busted currently by someone there though.  Most guys just seem to kiss-ass in hopes of getting a "job" preserving the sancticty of...  well...  basically nothing.

I still can't get over that they "hired" a post-padder to do their mod-work though simply because he was on there 24/7 and nobody else wanted to really do it at the time.  The irony there never ceases to amaze me, even to this day.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3811 on: November 21, 2009, 03:25 AM »
This nugget's brilliant:

I remember when DiFabio(RIP) decided to go this route, with forum suicide. Sometimes, you gotta understand their position. GNT is hella cool, and deserves much more respect than you know. Moderating is a very tough job, especially is the cantina. Dude, if I were you, I'd delete my posts with a quickness.
All I can see is 'Dead Man Walking' flashbacks. I know that you say you don't care, and all, but Scum will leave a hole that no other forum can fill.
RIP, Mr_MojoRisin.

Yes, moderating a forum's so hard people do it for free, in their spare time...  Truly difficult.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:05 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: November 22, 2009, 02:28 PM »
What they need to do is enforce the rule about people who only post in Wuher's. I come here sometimes and some of the off topic threads are interesting but I am here primarily to talk about Star Wars. If people no longer contribute in any way to a Star Wars related thread they should asked to leave. Just my opinion...

Really??  That's a rule?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3813 on: November 23, 2009, 01:46 AM »
I don't know that to be true, but I could easily see it having been conjured up there out of some mod's ass to change the game as they see fit.  Not unheard of by any means. 

I guess some guys have gotten irate that some people don't post in the SW sections then?  That's funny.  Considering you're not allowed to start topics and actual conversation is stifled because the general membership is fool of doorknobs and ********, can they really expect the participation by some members to climb upward? 

When I got linked to that thread I decided to wander around, and it was the status quo all around...  People fighting, people just simply hurling insults, and I guess the guys getting threatened with a ban are the ones deemed "wasting time" or whatever.  Talk about having your priorities mixed up.  They'd do well to trim the membership by about 50%.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: November 23, 2009, 09:49 AM »
I don't know that to be true, but I could easily see it having been conjured up there out of some mod's ass to change the game as they see fit.  Not unheard of by any means. 

It's the first rule listed in the Forum Rules section:

Who The Forum Is For: This is a forum for discussing Star Wars collecting and all other things about Star Wars. As such, members are expected to primarily contribute to these topics. If you or we find you are primarily posting in the off-topic areas of the board, you should not be surprised if we ask you to discontinue posting.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: November 23, 2009, 10:10 AM »

It's the first rule listed in the Forum Rules section:

Who The Forum Is For: This is a forum for discussing Star Wars collecting and all other things about Star Wars. As such, members are expected to primarily contribute to these topics. If you or we find you are primarily posting in the off-topic areas of the board, you should not be surprised if we ask you to discontinue posting.

Interesting.  I've mentioned it before but I recall a thread there whereby one of the newer and more frequent posters at the time suggested deleting accounts of people that don't post "frequently enough".  I took exception at the time given I'd been a 'Scum member for about six years longer than that guy (and had a fraction of the posts, of course) but thankfully the staff squashed the notion. 

I think the rule is sillly given people's interests evolve over time.  When I joined here I was all about Hasbro primarily and fairly active in those threads.  Now I primarily collect "other collectibles" and Kubricks/vintage stuff but given I'm up to date on most of it, don't post in there that frequently.  I'd think were JD using the rules Scum has in place I might be asked to leave for lack of contribution to Star Warsy threads.  Given I haven't been and I'm not completely annoying might be an explanation why I haven't posted at Scum in years other than to try and sell something on their b/s/t forum and even that was a failure. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: November 23, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Heck, didn't even know there was a thread about RS! Guess I should visit the non-SW discussion section here more often, eh?

Anyway, I'm mostly at RS for the customs and fellow scummer (and Defender, too!) Daigo_Bah does one helluva job making thread indexes on dioramas, vehicles and figures. Crap, I really should get back helping him out with the latter  :-\

Censorship is pretty hard there. Can't even say "balls" there! And when I started a thread about a wonderful 6-part NatGeo WW2 documentary called "Apocalypse" I got a mod's PM within 5 minutes saying he removed it  :o Hmph....

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: November 24, 2009, 06:07 AM »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: November 24, 2009, 10:07 AM »

Censorship is pretty hard there. Can't even say "balls" there! And when I started a thread about a wonderful 6-part NatGeo WW2 documentary called "Apocalypse" I got a mod's PM within 5 minutes saying he removed it  :o Hmph....

That's just crazy. I'm glad I don't go there. Maybe the mod didn't know what the word "Apocalypse" ment?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #3819 on: November 24, 2009, 10:09 AM »
It's obviously a religious reference...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: November 24, 2009, 01:45 PM »
Nah, nothing of the sort. RS just has this rule: no topics on politics, religion and/or war. But my intention was to address this awesome documentary of mostly never before seen footage of the time, colourized by a French company. So my topic wasn't so much about the war, but more so about the documentary and the enormous task of making it. It didn't look corny or cheesy at all, but quite real, as if it was all recorded in colour.

Ah well, I guess RS is more your typical conventional US SW site, eh? But what'd you expect from a Dutch guy like me?  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3821 on: November 24, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Wow, well when I signed up to CSW many moons ago, there was no "first rule" where if you don't post in the SW sections, you'll be asked to leave.  That's a new change they've made I'd say.

Talk about lame...  Like Brent said, your life changes...  Your interests change with it.  Do you really want to stifle the people who've made friends and possibly want to stay on to just chat about the every day?  I find that very sad I guess.  It really limits the possibilities of people making and keeping some friendships there. 

Like I said, if they really wanted to make the place more friendly and stuff, look through the collecting areas and ban about 50% of the members there.  There's a couple tools there who insult people for being cheap, routinely.  So do something about it.  That's against the rules too.  But they're there and seemingly valued by the staff at times.

I've seen people who just don't like a particular member and then intentionally follow that member around insulting him.  Nothing clever or witty, just "You're an idiot" type remarks with nothing else.  They're still members though. 

But it's guys who don't leave Wuher's who will get banned?  That's just really a loss of priorities there.  Like I've always said though, GNT's their god of moderators though, and he was a post-padder...  so should we really expect any less then?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: November 24, 2009, 03:59 PM »
I'm not sure if I've ever posted in any SW related forum on JD, and the posts outside of Watto's are very, very few and far between...one or two in the Sarlaac Pit, and one or two in sports.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: November 24, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Heck, didn't even know there was a thread about RS! Guess I should visit the non-SW discussion section here more often, eh?

Anyway, I'm mostly at RS for the customs and fellow scummer (and Defender, too!) Daigo_Bah does one helluva job making thread indexes on dioramas, vehicles and figures. Crap, I really should get back helping him out with the latter  :-\

IncomT65  Start a thread here about it here in Watto's, I would love to see it and comment on it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3824 on: November 25, 2009, 02:26 AM »
Seconded, or slip it into the militaria thread, but I really dont' care, I'd like to see the series.  Sounds interesting.