Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 254495 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #720 on: December 16, 2021, 10:35 AM »
Per all of the social media blasts yesterday it's supposed to be a Vintage Collection item.

Don't ruin my fun.

Sorry, Matt.  I was responding to Steve's comment.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #721 on: December 16, 2021, 10:43 AM »
Per all of the social media blasts yesterday it's supposed to be a Vintage Collection item.

Yeah, people seem to keep missing that detail...

I'm not holding my breath for anything exciting.  It could be something as simple as a pre-order for the pipeline revealed VC Yoda repaint/VC60 501st Clone Trooper repaint to close out the wave with Fennec/Ahsoka/DW Mandalorian.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 16, 2021, 10:59 AM »
I was thinking that was a possibility, too.  Especially since you can already order the case with those figures from retailers like EE, Dorkside, etc.  The way this was announced doesn't follow the usual pattern of WEBCAST REVEAL > PREORDER 24 HOURS LATER. 

If it was something really new most likely they would generally want to talk it up.  But maybe that's off the table for the time being?  Following the failure of the Rancor Haslab, someone on the team getting promoted shortly thereafter, and the very negative reaction to the Boba Fett pricing, maybe they want to try resetting their public presentations.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 16, 2021, 11:09 AM »
... someone on the team getting promoted shortly thereafter ...

Who got promoted?  Hopefully Patrick got promoted to and moved to a different toy line  >:D

If I'm guessing on the announcement, it'll be holiday edition repaints of TVC figures - just like the 6" figures, only in 3.75".

I'm not sure this team knows the difference between "exciting" and "dull repaints".

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 16, 2021, 12:21 PM »

Who got promoted?  Hopefully Patrick got promoted to and moved to a different toy line  >:D

Oh, it was.  And no, we're not that lucky.

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #725 on: December 16, 2021, 12:27 PM »

If I'm guessing on the announcement, it'll be holiday edition repaints of TVC figures - just like the 6" figures, only in 3.75".

I'm not sure this team knows the difference between "exciting" and "dull repaints".

So a Holiday Edition Deluxe Boba Fett then. Repaint Boba in holiday colors, add a santa hat accessory (instead of the stormtrooper helmets of course), jack up the price by another $5, & ship it. Instant winner.

I could work for Hasbro.
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 16, 2021, 12:38 PM »

Which will be preordered, available Tuesday November 5, 2024!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 16, 2021, 01:43 PM »
No one on that SW Team deserves a promotion after the year they just had. They should be thankful they still have jobs.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 16, 2021, 11:54 PM »
So there is a preorder tomorrow afternoon and we still don’t know what it is?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 17, 2021, 07:34 AM »

Don't worry, it will sell out so fast after the reveal it will be like it never happened!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #730 on: December 17, 2021, 10:13 AM »

I'm eagerly awaiting the hostage video, I mean live stream to reveal it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #731 on: December 17, 2021, 11:10 AM »
Hasbro Press Release -
During the height of the Empire, coastal defense shoretroopers would patrol the Imperial military headquarters on Scarif. Collect your own battalion with the Star Wars The Vintage Collection Shoretrooper Pack! Pre-order today at 4:00pm ET on #HasbroPulse and @shopdisney!

Follow the discussion over here. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 11:30 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 30, 2022, 12:39 AM »
when are we getting a Mandalorian with beskar spear and darksaber?  We’ve had a lot of different iterations, but this is the one that I want.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 30, 2022, 09:52 AM »
I’ve already got five or so Din Djarin’s.  I hope you get a spear and dark saber, but I also hope something happens to the character to make it something new beyond a few accessories and a paint wash if that’s going to happen.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 31, 2022, 11:49 AM »
I've got multiples of Din Djarin in the original armor as well as the Beskar.  They're just great figures!  I also got more than one Moff Gideon, so I repurposed a Dark Saber from one of them for Mando.  And there's a staff that came with a TLJ Captain Phasma that's a decent stand-in for the Beskar spear.

With the new Deluxe assortment ramping up, I think we can probably expect to see Din Djarin in there.  Ideally it should have all of his gear:
-Amban rifle
-Blaster
-Vibro-knife
-Jet pack
-Beskar spear
-Dark Saber & hilt
-Whip cord (not sure if they can make it work since it didn't work well with the SAGA Jango Fett)
-Softgoods cloak
-Removable helmet
-Satchel with Grogu

I'm at a loss about where the line will go this year.  Toy Fair was canceled, so no doubt Hasbro will be holding some livestream events to reveal new product.  At some point it's become a little challenging to keep track of all of the "pipeline reveals".  Will the February livestream be reveals of just that, or would Hasbro have more planned?

One thing that I'm hopeful for is more TVC vehicles for mass retail.  Could Hasbro reveal that?  I don't know if it's wishful thinking or not.  The introduction of the N-1 fighter on TBOBF was definitely notable.  Is this a case of working a vehicle into a show in order to drive toy sales?  Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni made a point of talking about their love for the Kenner vintage Imperial Transport, and that seems to have been a driving factor in getting the Imperial Troop Transport in The Mandalorian and eventually on store shelves.  An N-1 fighter might be far more viable at retail than the Razor Crest ever would have been.  And the most recent episode has made me want a Peli Motto figure, along with her droids, that much more.  R5-D4 could be a straight up reissue!

Feedback