Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 255005 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #615 on: January 26, 2020, 11:19 AM »
Echo Base definitely makes the most sense to me.  I could also see an updated Carbon Freeze Chamber, but I’d rather it be something new-ish since the old one is still pretty good.

A Yoda’s Hut / Dagobah Playset would be awesome as well.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 26, 2020, 11:47 AM »
If they do a playset it will be interesting to see how they do it.  Their recent track record with playsets isn't great.

The Vintage one at Wal-Mart was okay.  They did the two cardboard ones for Solo that were simple and not so great.  Before that they did the huge and expensive BB-8 one for TLJ that didn't sell that well either.  I think there was an eight year gap before they made that BB-8 playset.

If they do a playset I hope its in the mid-price range of $40-70 bucks with an exclusive figure, quality plastic, and enough play value to appeal beyond hard core collectors.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 26, 2020, 11:57 AM »
I definitely want any offerings to be more Vintage Jabba's Palace than Solo cardboard junk.  I'd rather it be more play set and less repacked figures, but that's just me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 26, 2020, 12:49 PM »
I'm hopeful for a TESB themed playset.  I feel like Echo Base may be a bit played out, since we've had multiple Hoth playsets over the years (vintage, POTF2, POTJ, SOTDS)

Other ideas?  A Star Destroyer bridge and Vader's chambers.  A Dagobah playset hasn't been done during the modern era.  Or perhaps a more broadly done Cloud City playset.  The POTJ Carbon Freeze chamber is almost 20 years old, and an update wouldn't be a terrible idea.  There are also some of the other duel spaces, like the room with the window and flying objects, or the gantry where Vader made his revelation.

I'm also really curious about what we can expect in terms of figure reveals.  I suspect a lot was held back from the TVC line from TROS, so maybe Hasbro will finally be able to show some things from the movie.  And I'd definitely like some more from the Mandalorian.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:50 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 26, 2020, 03:04 PM »
Reading the comments, it's kind of tough to come up with an iconic set piece from ESB. Jabba's prize was about as simple and practical as you can get. It's a perfect diorama backdrop with a lot of display possibilities. That said, I wold think that another crack at the carbon freeze chamber is the best possible set. It's usable for 2 separate scenes; Han's freezing and the Vader/Luke dual. What makes it complex is it's multi-levelness.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #620 on: February 19, 2020, 08:43 PM »
Looks like www.Yakface.com are up to their old tricks of spoiling Toy Fair. ;D

Of course some folks will claim they knew it many months prior but the reality is Yak is breaking some stuff so head over and read up.  The names are interesting.  And yes there will be repacks.  That’s par for the course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 19, 2020, 09:18 PM »
If it’s the ones they teased on Instagram this morning I found it to be a horribly underwhelming six pack.  With Mandalorian, Rise of Skywalker, and the 40th anniversary if ESB, I really hope they have much better in store.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:24 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #622 on: February 21, 2020, 12:06 AM »
That would be it...  I liked it but then again I’m happy with anything cool and new, and just take the repacks as we roll along.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 21, 2020, 10:54 AM »
If it’s the ones they teased on Instagram this morning I found it to be a horribly underwhelming six pack.  With Mandalorian, Rise of Skywalker, and the 40th anniversary if ESB, I really hope they have much better in store.

Same. But, I can see a limited announcement with holding more for Comic-Con and Celebration afterwards.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #624 on: February 21, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Here is the pic for those who have not seen Jayson's tease yet...

I found it to be a horribly underwhelming six pack. 

Yeah.  Don't get me wrong, I'll buy NEW TVC 3.75" figures for Chirrut and Hondo (even if they are just the 6" BS/SWGE figures scaled down) but it is disappointing not to see more from The Mandalorian or TROS in the pipeline. 

Repacks of last year's SDCC Jedi Luke and Stormtrooper Luke do nothing for me (since I bought the 3-pack).  Power Droid and Clone Trooper could be interesting depending on how the repaints turn out.  I'd be down for a new Lars Family Power Droid if that's what it is, but if it's just the same brown Power Droid on a TVC card, I'll pass.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:50 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #625 on: February 21, 2020, 01:07 PM »
I'm all in on an SA Chirrut Imwe.  I also want the rest of the Rogue One squad.

Hondo's pretty cool....especially after going on Smuggler's Run in Galaxy's edge.

An Airborne Trooper, even as a straight repack is a nice army builder.

Luke Stormtrooper will also make a nice army builder.

Always looking for a good Power Droid -- it's most likely a repack, but an updated one would be nice.

I think they've perfected Jedi Luke in the three-pack, but a single carded one would be welcome.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 21, 2020, 01:40 PM »
As long as the Power Droid is a straight original 92 release, I'll be happy.

Although it would be annoying, I'd be very happy to have the Luke Stormtrooper on the RO Stormtrooper body with the appropriate belt. I'd buy a bunch.

The rest will just fine. Especially knocking off a proper carded Jedi Luke.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 22, 2020, 04:33 PM »
Well, Power Droid and Luke confirmed!

Power Droid looks pretty decent. The card better be the vintage card.

Edit:

Doing some math. Power droid is VC167. Luke is VC175. With Chirrut, Hondo, Stormtrooper Luke and the Airborne Trooper (if confirmed,) that leaves 4 more on the way.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:51 PM by Darth_Anton »

Offline ThePhantomEmperor

• Youngling
  • Impressive, Most Impressive
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 31, 2020, 12:40 PM »
I have pieced together what I believe would be the next four waves in the vintage collection for 2020. Again this is all subject to change with the current events in the world right now. 

Wave 28 (June 2020)

Lando Calrissian (General, Pilot’s Gear) (ROTJ)
Han Solo (Bespin Outfit) (TESB)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) (TESB)
See-Threepio (C-3PO) (Removable Limbs) (TESB)

Wave 29 (August 2020)

Clone Commander Wolffe (Phase II Armor & Removable Helmet) (TCW)
Kaytoo-Esso (K-2S0) (Citadel Tower Infiltration or Reprogrammed Enforcer Droid) (SWRO)
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper’s Disguise) (ANH)
Power Droid (GONK Droid) (Lar’s Homstead on Tatooine) (ANH)

Wave 30 (August 2020)

Anakin Skywalker (General‘s Clone Armor) (General/Jedi Knight) (TCW)
Darth Maul (Sith Apprentice) (TPM)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (General‘s Clone Armor) (High General/Jedi Master) (TCW)
Wicket W. Warrick (Ewok’s Scout) (ROTJ)

Wave 31 (September 2020)

Chirrut Imwe (Guardian of the Whills’ Spiritual Warrior in Jedha Outfit) (SWRO)
Clone Trooper Fives (ARC Trooper or Phase I Armored) (TCW)
Hondo Ohnaka (Captain of the Weequayan Pirates/Smuggler’s Gear or Outfit) (SWGE)
Luke Skywalker (Jabba’s Palace or Jedi Knight Outfit) (ROTJ)

« Last Edit: June 7, 2020, 01:12 AM by nyknight1313 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 14, 2020, 01:09 PM »
Yakface gave some clues as to what's coming later in the year. They're pretty much saying we're getting Mandalorian product. One TVC figure, one alien and ship. 5 items in all (though that's just 3.)