Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 254348 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #690 on: September 15, 2021, 03:30 PM »
If a TVC Hera happened, I’d flip my wig.  I’m leaning toward more repaints though, and like Jeff, at $50 for a set they’re needing to really be something else for me to care. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 15, 2021, 03:40 PM »
$16 repaints, $19 "carbonized"...

Feels like they've been getting all their ideas from Super 7, and I don't like it. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 15, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Those three vintage Droids figures carded are as about impossible for me to ever have as it gets. I'll take these repaints over all the other repaint choices.

A lot of TVC is about the card (at least somewhat) for a lot of people
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 03:47 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 15, 2021, 04:08 PM »
C-3PO molded in the same colors as the original Droids figure I can see. Realistic Fett in animated color scheme we had. I can picture how R2 will be done.

I'm in.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 15, 2021, 07:46 PM »
I’ll buy them but it’s a huge missed opportunity not to do Vlix.  :'(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #695 on: September 16, 2021, 10:42 AM »
Meh...I collect figures that fit into worlds, so I really tend to always skip the gimmick repaints. Sure, Droids is kind of a fun cartoon, but if a figure doesn't look like it's in an actual scene with the figures around it, I'm not interested.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 16, 2021, 10:45 AM »
Jayson popped in over at the RS forums to state that the purple code named TVC figures are NOT from Droids, but some other recently revealed code names might be. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 16, 2021, 11:08 PM »
If a TVC Hera happened, I’d flip my wig.  I’m leaning toward more repaints though, and like Jeff, at $50 for a set they’re needing to really be something else for me to care.

I really, really, really want the Rebels crew. And the inquisitors.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #698 on: September 17, 2021, 12:00 AM »
Meh...I collect figures that fit into worlds, so I really tend to always skip the gimmick repaints. Sure, Droids is kind of a fun cartoon, but if a figure doesn't look like it's in an actual scene with the figures around it, I'm not interested.

This is where I am too.  Like the gimmicky Marvel R2 worked as a rando R2 deco quite well while the stormtrooper was simply dumb looking.  If this R2 and 3PO work as looking like other droids I’m interested.  The animated Fett worked as a different Mando (as did Marvel Mando figs) so I’m hopeful if they do that again it’s the new sculpt.  I’ll grab that happily.

I don’t expect anything new from these sets though.  Repaints on repaints on repaints.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 17, 2021, 09:24 AM »

I really, really, really want the Rebels crew. And the inquisitors.

Same.  The crossover between some animated characters into live action and vice versa in entertainment should be carrying over to live action versions of the Rebels crew for the Vintage Collection.  It’s been done quite a bit lately with Clone Wars characters.  Let’s include Rebels now, too.

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 17, 2021, 01:36 PM »
Sign me up. I'm a big fan of realistic versions of the cartoons.

And I know it's way too premature (and 99.9% sure it won't happen), but I'd love to see non-animated renditions from Visions. That would be world building.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 18, 2021, 09:02 AM »
It only makes sense for Hasbro to revisit Rebels in TVC.  There are at least 9 figures in The Vintage Collection that are realistic renditions of characters as seen in The Clone Wars.  And there's another 6 figures on the way that were either in Clone Wars and/or The Bad Batch.

Now I can see Hasbro holding off on some of the Rebels crew because there are rumblings that some could turn up in the live action Ahsoka series on Disney+.  But Kanan isn't coming back.  Chopper was seen at the Yavin IV base in ROGUE ONE.  And Hera is a prominently featured character in the Squadrons game.  I would say it's time for at least those three.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #702 on: September 18, 2021, 01:09 PM »
If you have the Legacy Rebel Pilot Legacy II pack, the Cesi "Doc" Erris figure is a good stand in for Hera, especially if you have the Disney Parks Chopper next to her.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 19, 2021, 12:14 AM »
If you have the Legacy Rebel Pilot Legacy II pack, the Cesi "Doc" Erris figure is a good stand in for Hera, especially if you have the Disney Parks Chopper next to her.

I thought of that too, but Hera just has a great look that really needs a dedicated figure release. She's honestly one of the best rebel leaders in the franchise, or at least the most believable.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 19, 2021, 06:36 AM »

I've got the figure of Doc, too.  But I whole-heartedly agree on Hera.  She isn't just a character from Rebels now.  Between being one of the anchors of that series, she has now played roles in the Squadrons game and The Bad Batch.  Her "cameo" in Rogue One was pretty cool, as was having the Ghost take part in the Battle of Scarif as well as being present with the Resistance fleet at Exegol.  People can call Hera "space mom" all they want, but she was the glue that held the Spectres together.

And Kanan?  I honestly did not know what to expect when I heard that Freddie Prinze Jr. had taken the part in the series.  But he delivered such a great performance, and his character was able to show just what it meant to be a Jedi.  And even more importantly the harrowing nature of being a Jedi on the run during the time of the Empire.  And when I heard Kanan's voice speaking to Rey through the Force, uttering "In the heart of a Jedi lies her strength", that line really delivered. 

These characters matter.  And them getting representation in The Vintage Collection matters, too.

Feedback