Author Topic: 2019 Kenner Retro Collection - Star Wars  (Read 37849 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2019 Kenner Retro Collection
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2020, 10:32 AM »
That's something I don't like about PayPal.  I don't think my Credit Card has a time limit.

I know a lot of people who are fed up with Anovos that have been able to get refunds through their Credit card companies.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2020, 11:15 AM »
I feel guilty that I pointed the whole thing out in the first place.

I am in business with Chris from Fans Strike Back right now, when they were just starting up in late 2018 they requested an exclusive Cardboard Galaxy piece they could sell in their store and around Thanksgiving we were able to hit on something I could supply for their customers to buy, so my perspective is probably skewed...

I would say they seem to usually do runs of their custom figures before putting them up for sale, so the pre-sell method is probably something they are still on a learning curve for. It stinks that you are coming up on the limit for PayPal protection though. That makes the purchase tougher to justify.

I mean, $200 isn't anything I want to lose, but it's also not going to bankrupt me.  If the guy's generally considered trustworthy, I'm okay letting it ride.  I could also possibly ask him to refund me and then repurchase it... I'm just past 5 months now, I think Paypal's protection caps at 6.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2020, 12:46 PM »
Now might be the time to take some action.  I've seen circumstances (albeit in the musical instrument business) with prolonged pre-orders where entities like PayPal couldn't intervene.  But in those cases there were orders that had been in the works for YEARS without any progress or indication of pending delivery.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2020, 12:34 AM »
I understand PayPal's POV on the matter, but yeah it definitely is something that sucks.  I've supported lines on crowdfunding things that I know I can trust (Marauder Inc., our own Paul's CFT Dime Novel Legends, etc.), but I've seen other dudes try crowdfunding stuff (cool stuff) in less upfront ways and with little track record.  Some of them are really averse to being transparent too.  I don't know who's making the Bantha though, so can't say them.  I've seen other guys who seem to come through try crowdfunding and it fizzle, and I don't know what happened to the $ they did get...  And some of them got thousands but just didn't make their goal.  Stuff like that would weird me out.  I'm super cheap too though, so I'd be pissed about $20 or $200 haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2020, 05:16 PM »
I went back and checked and I actually did pre-order the Bantha with a Credit Card.  So I'll just be patient and hope it gets made, and if it doesn't, I'll get a nice $208 refund at some point.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2020, 10:29 AM »
I know of a project over in the video games part of the internet. It is an add on device for the Atari 7800 that expands the memory and adds high score saving. It costed $150. That device had a preorder over fifteen years ago and still hasn't shipped. People never got their money back and are still waiting on it. The guy making it has been sending updates a few times a year since and rarely answers email. He is known to be pretty grouchy. People try not to bad mouth him in fear of never getting the device.  No one is getting their money back because development costs ate it a long time ago. Just beware that internet projects rarely get completed and the chances of you getting your money back is rare.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:31 AM by Phrubruh »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2020, 04:46 PM »
I'm comfortable with it, it's $200 and if this doesn't pan out and he refuses a return, the bank will take care of it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2020, 03:16 PM »
I got a raise this week, and my gift to myself is the Bantha.  They claim it'll ship around the new year.  I hope it turns out as good as the sample they were showing.

A year and two weeks later, the website says this thing is 100% funded... looking forward to getting it in another year. 

https://www.thefansstrikeback.com/thebantha

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2020, 09:26 AM »
Very cool Rob!  Patience will pay off for you!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2020, 09:54 AM »
Very cool Rob!  Patience will pay off for you!

At the rate this is going, Hasbro will beat them to the punch.  :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 9, 2020, 10:48 AM »
If anyone was interested in this Bantha, the cut off for ordering one is October 31.